Stuff like this makes me lose even more faith in humanity...

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
A condo (condominium) describes a type of ownership. Generally, it means you own everything inside the walls of your property (apartment, townhouse, even sometimes a single-family home). A coop (cooperative) means you own shares in the corporation that collectively owns the entire building or group of buildings. And fee simple means you own the inside, the outside, everything.

Hey, let's talk about townhouses while we're at all this...

A townhouse is a structure. It's generally a property with other properties connected on one or two sides. Other structures can be single-family homes or multi-unit buildings. A townhouse might or might not be a condo.

So townhouse is just a fancy word for a terraced house? I'm learning so much.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I'm not really all that sure why I'm explaining myself...but I guess I'll do it anyway, some of you get my point...some haven't.

First off...this has nothing to do with jealousy, I don't begrudge anyone anything they have. If you can afford it, have it, I really don't care.

This is a far deeper issue, one that bothers me quite a bit. This isn't 1897, it's not even 1987. We are constantly surrounded by up to the minute details about everything, all of the time. There was a time when someone could grow up in a shoebox, completely unaware of the world around them causing them to believe their reality was the only reality. This just isn't the case anymore. This is like smoking...smoking in 1935 was taking part in mass social ignorance. In 2047, you're a fool if you choose to do it, there is literally an ocean of data to show to anyone who can read how bad it is for you.

For this woman to live in a microcosm blissfully unaware (or simply ignoring) the world around here is something I find offensive. This has nothing to do with money, or the size of a home. This is yet another case of a vapid, self absorbed human being. If you're wealthy, good for you. Just don't go on social media spouting off about your made up issues when others are struggling to keep food on the table.

Get what you're saying...

But you can recursively apply your reasoning to yourself..

"This guy on a web forum is getting annoyed at someone's post on FB and making a thread dedicated to it while there are greater problems in the world like hundreds of kids starving to death. Let's not talk about that but annoying FB posts."

Does this mean you're vapid and self absorbed? No, it's all relative that's all... and we're all egocentric to a degree.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
t'was a good read to see how a non-self centered mind works

Where the world may not give a good shit about me (something that according to you I should have been aware of immediatly after spewing from the womb), it seems that you do...or at least you do enough to dig up my old threads.

It’s nice to feel important to someone, thank you for that. It seems I should repay your caring, PM me your home address and I’ll send you a fluid sample for Christmas.