Neo Geo Gold Cabinet Marquee Holder

Jelkor

n00b
Hey Guys,

I am in the process of restoring a 2-slot gold cabinet.

The original marquee holder was not in the best shape. I couldn't find any for sale online either.

I asked they local sign shop if he could reproduce when I was placing an order for work and he said he would give it a shot.

Not sure of the exact cost, he just added it into the price of the job I placed for work, I think it was like $30-$40

If anyone is interested PM me and I will give you the shops info.

Left is the new one, Right is the original.

IMG_20170601_170934.jpg

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Is the color a bit off or is it just the lighting? I think even with the light coming into play it looks darker.

Jelkor

n00b
It's just a little darker, said it was as close as he could get.

It's also the lighting, not quite as dark as it looks in the pic.

Last edited:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
It's just a little darker, said it was as close as he could get.

It's also the lighting, not quite as dark as it looks in the pic.

Gotcha. It still looks pretty damn good to me. Nice job giving people a heads up regarding some good work. My friend is redoing a Dynamo cab and has had some shit luck having people make replacement plexi and some other things for him. Nice to see something turn out right to a change :)

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Hey Guys,

The original marquee holder was not in the best shape. I couldn't find any for sale online either.

I asked they local sign shop if he could reproduce when I was placing an order for work and he said he would give it a shot.

Not sure of the exact cost, he just added it into the price of the job I placed for work, I think it was like $30-$40

View attachment 45081

Is the gold color used actually metallic like the original? Were they able to recreated the plastic "holders" on the back of the marquee? Same type/thickness on the plastic?

It does look pretty darn good from what I can see in the pic.

The reason I ask on the color is I've wanted a reproduction gold cab CPO for a while now, but most places wanted a 25 order minimum run and weren't sure on matching the OEM gold color.

Were you planning on replacing the CPO on your restoration? An OEM look replacement, that I would be interested in.

I think a lot of people on the board would be as well, whenever there is a post about them or something related to them people always seem to post. So my guess is there are quite a few gold cabs in peoples collections.

I've got two I always planned to restore: one I bought, works 100%, one someone was throwing out, has RAM error.

Jelkor

n00b
Yeah, it's still metallic.

No holders on the back, but same thickness.

My CPO was in good shape, so I didn't ask them to attempt to make one.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
That marquee holder looks good.

I too would be very interested in a CPO...if they did the CPO I would get both the marquee holder and the cpo together.

SlimJim

n00b
Neo Geo Gold marquee

Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I am also in the process of fixing up a Goldie.

Could you provide the contact information for the shop?

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

View attachment 45081

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Looks nice. My local Boardwalk/Arcade has a goldie cabinet still up and running. Looks just like it. Nice!

Jelkor

n00b
Sorry for the late reply, I only check the forums every month or 2 to see what's new.

This is the place that made it for me

https://www.mastrosigns.com/

It was over a year ago, so not sure if he would still have the template or whatever he used to make it anymore.