Raiden street art in Beijing

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All right fags I tell you what. That mural's not exactly close to home. So if, if I go by there again I'll ask the owner about it and see if he can get me in touch with the artist, I'll ask the artist if he's done anymore KOF or game art murals in general and post them here.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ha ha ha, you really think this guy is painting murals everywhere about KOF...ok. Would be awesome if you prove me wrong but come on, it's just some Chinese dude that made a mural, the raiden pic works 'cause it's simple, easy to do, simple lines, lots of negative space and what have you, from a technical stand point you can show a lot done by doing very little, lolololol.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
ha ha ha, you really think this guy is painting murals everywhere about KOF...ok. Would be awesome if you prove me wrong but come on, it's just some Chinese dude that made a mural, the raiden pic works 'cause it's simple, easy to do, simple lines, lots of negative space and what have you, from a technical stand point you can show a lot done by doing very little, lolololol.

yes i agree with you.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

you are talking out of your ass again...there is very little negative space, there is tons of color transitions/shading on the fabric and skin. Took some time and skill, and not that easy to do on that scale.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
you are talking out of your ass again...there is very little negative space, there is tons of color transitions/shading on the fabric and skin. Took some time and skill, and not that easy to do on that scale.

Oh but you're wrong didn't you know? :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

BS, look at the damn thing, you're just being a duffus. Took time and skill, yes I'm sure, I mean you gotta know what you're doing, but the simplicity is evident, just 'cause it's hard for you doesn't mean it's hard for everyone, lol.

Edit:
old-quebec.jpg

Now that is busy, the Raiden pic is a bunch of masses, the art composition is basic, simple, 101 gradient paintjob, it does the job and it's cool, but that's it, I'm willing to bet that's why that pic was chosen, 'cause it's simply easy to work with.

Last edited:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Sgt. French Shampoo, you know what gradient is but not negative space? That's the thing, it takes talent to make it look simple. Take Michelangelo's line drawings, they are just simple lines on paper, no? Hell my 3 yo can do that but it's not the same.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I understand that negative space is just the space that is outside the main piece and all, however, when it comes to anything related to art you also have composition and in it you have mass composition negative space, in which case the big masses constitute as negative space as I pointed out, but here you are all eager to have an opinion, it's ok man, I get it, you know one thing and you think you're gonna show me a thing or two, lol.

Now let's think for a second...I dunno how much painting you have done but we all start with round things or simple things, either the ocean or some fruit, simple round objects that are the basis of gradient teaching and what have you. If you look at the whole pic you'll see 6 circles, or 6 masses rather, all with a gradient, just look at it objectively...pretty simple stuff man, dunno what else to tell you,