Weekly Roundup 5-28-17 Support our veteran gamers edition

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
SNES
Sunset Riders - played this with Bobak and it's a tough game. Too bad it wasn't 4PL like the arcade correct me if I'm wrong.

Wild Guns - Cabal/Blood Brothers/Nam 75ish type game. Also played co op with Bobak. The only game of its kind on the SNES. How is the PS4 remake? Anybody play it? Can you recommend it?

Dreamcast
Zombie Revenge
Sonic Shuffle - avoid multiplayer unless you have 3 other people sitting next to you.

Rock Band 3 - Played Du Hast with a guy in my D&D Group.

PS4
Persona 5 - This game is monopolizing all of my waking free time. 80 hours so far. So good. The story actually makes me want to play, and that's rare for a JRPG.
Stern Pinball Arcade

Vita
Legend of Heroes - Trails of Cold Steel

Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Wild Guns - Cabal/Blood Brothers/Nam 75ish type game. Also played co op with Bobak. The only game of its kind on the SNES. How is the PS4 remake? Anybody play it? Can you recommend it?

Yes and it's pretty good. If you like the original then you'll like the remake. It's like 30 bucks anyway.

Sunset Riders - played this with Bobak

How's he doing?

Persona 5 - This game is monopolizing all of my waking free time. 80 hours so far. So good. The story actually makes me want to play, and that's rare for a JRPG.

See? You do have time for big games *cough cough* Breath of The Wild *cough* ;)

Anyway, this is what I've been playing these days:

NES
- Journey to Silius

SNES
- TMNT IV

PCE
- Cadash (I like this version better than the Genesis one for some reason).

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
PS4 version of Wild Guns is definitely better imo. It is a lot more chaotic, has two new characters (both with radically different playing styles), more enemies on screen, and remixed music. It is a damn shame this didn't have online multplayer.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
GBA
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow: beat this and was not disappointed in the least. Great game, even though the dialogue is so cheesy it's good
Breath of Fire: just dropped an egg into a volcano. Definitely a basic story that seems disjointed.
Contra Advance: getting my ass kicked.

DS
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney: halfway through the second day of case 3. These cases are getting good

NES (via GBA everdrive)
Super Mario Bros 3
Astyanax (lol)
Kirby's Adventure

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Greg you don't just namedrop Bob all casual like and not tell us how he's been recently

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
PS4
Yakuza 0

C64
C64anabalt
Super Bread Box

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Yes and it's pretty good. If you like the original then you'll like the remake. It's like 30 bucks anyway.

I'll have to pick that up when I get some spare cash. I think on Amazon it comes with a keychain, doesn't it?

How's he doing?
He's doing good - taking care of his kids and doing freelance work and teaching on the side. I usually meet him during the week, as I work weekends usually.

See? You do have time for big games *cough cough* Breath of The Wild *cough* ;)

Yea, I know. The play mechanics of BotW, nor the story really captured me the way Skyward sword initially did.

Anyway, this is what I've been playing these days:

NES
- Journey to Silius

SNES
- TMNT IV

PCE
- Cadash (I like this version better than the Genesis one for some reason).[/QUOTE]

Excellent choices sir. I loved Cadash in the arcade, and always wanted to play it on the PCE/Turbographics. Is the Genesis one any good? Edit: Damn! Cadash is expensive as fuck now.

Last edited:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
PS4
KOF XIV

I am loving this game the more I play it. I cannot for the life of me get into Street Fighter V. The game BORES me.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Is the Genesis one any good? Edit: Damn! Cadash is expensive as fuck now.

The Genesis port has better graphics but the game doesn't feel quite right IMO. They removed 2 of the 4 characters for some reason... and they kept that useless mage :keke:

Just get an everdrive bro, you won't have to worry about expensive carts ever again. The original/basic one is just fine if you're on a budget.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nintendo DS:
Animal Crossing Wild World

Neo Geo:
Art of Fighting 3

Slow week for games. Mostly movies, sports, and wrasslin' this week for free time.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I bought a PSP and have been playing the Gran Turismo for it. Pretty fun game on the go, i am disappointed it doesn't have a career mode

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i love that game but its hard as balls lol

pretty cool game. not as good as super castlevania 4, but i love the visuals and art work. my favourite depiction of simon belmont.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
stv

Radiant Silvergun Finally had the time to make it to the end. I won't say I beat it as it was on free play :keke:

Donkey Kong PK it's now my favorite console version.

SGM

Gradius uses the Super Game Module plugged into a Colecovision.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cadash is on one of the Taito collections on PS2, GREG.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Cadash is on one of the Taito collections on PS2, GREG.

Oh shit you might be right. I don't think I have the first one though. I looked on the box of the 2nd one and it didn't have it. Hmmm.

Wikipedia said:
Controversially, eight of the 43 games - Balloon Bomber, Bubble Symphony, Cadash, RayForce, RayStorm, G-Darius, Pop'n Pop, and Syvalion - were split across the platforms due to porting issues,[1] requiring players to buy more than one version to get every game available.

That sounds like some bullshit right there.
I remember wanting to play the PCE/TG-16 version because it had the Ninja and the Mage, right? And it was 4PL.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
i love the 7800. but why is this port of donkey kong your favourite version?.

I remember playing Donkey Kong on a TI-994A and thinking I was boss because I could get to the oil and conveyor belt level.

I never had a 2600, 5200, or a 7800 :( My cousins did though, and they had Pac Man, and Haunted House, and E.T. I actually liked E.T. - am I crazy?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I never had a 2600, 5200, or a 7800 :( My cousins did though, and they had Pac Man, and Haunted House, and E.T. I actually liked E.T. - am I crazy?

i love the original atari run. especially the 2600 and the 7800.

haunted house is sweet. and no, you're not crazy. E.T is an ok game for it's time. just really broken for being incredibly rushed. they had like six weeks or something to finish the game. definitely far from the worst game ever made.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
i love the 7800. but why is this port of donkey kong your favourite version?.

Pokey sound so it sounds like the original, you can choose the Japan/US version, it plays really well and I have a custom 7800 stick.

The only knock is not being able to play on a vertical screen.

https://youtu.be/FVksiALE6e0

Last edited: