Thread: Sony Trinitron best way?

Sony Trinitron best way?

Sony Trinitron are the best way for play NEO GEO?

Armored Scrum Object

Sony Trinitrons are highly regarded CRT TV's. People like the FS120 series, and the FV300/310 (I personally like to stay at 27" - others are just friggin HUGE). Plenty of great Panasonics, Toshibas, JVC's, etc. as well. Just see which models people seek out and try to get as recent as you can as these things are rarely from past 2005/7ish - so they're already pretty long in the tooth.

Lots of people also like Sony PVM/BVM monitors and other professional grade monitors (other companies made these as well), but you're usually talking some big bucks (compared to a cheap or free Trinitron), unless you happen to luck into a free one (which does/can happen).

I'm also not up to date on the different connection methods people like best for Neo Geo, so that's certainly something to research how you're going to connect your system to the TV and to make sure you get one with the appropriate connections.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I'm also not up to date on the different connection methods people like best for Neo Geo, so that's certainly something to research how you're going to connect your system to the TV and to make sure you get one with the appropriate connections.
    He's from Germany so a SCART cable is definitely the best option for him IMO.

Also, Trinitron TVs are great but they're mass produced which means that geometry can be an issue sometimes, especially on the bigger tubes. Like Dochartaigh, I prefer 27" TVs an below.

Raiden's Valet

Trinitrons are great, but I will never recommend a flat one. The KV-27S42 is a great model in the US, and I'm sure you can find an equivalent European unit.

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

Pvm 2130qm is a trinitron. I used to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Cinema Ninja!

If I was in Germany I'd be looking for a Loewe or B&O before a Sony. Higher end Toshiba's are excellent too. Not sure what models (if any) Toshiba had in Germany but in the US the Cinema Series Tosh's were excellent and I wished I had my old 32" Cinema Series over the couple of Sony Wegas I have now. My Loewe crushes both the Sony's I've got though. Hard to beat a Loewe...

[Rot] 2:38 am: Z'OMG... ANYTHING... is cool in 15/70... even GregN home movies

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

B&O mx series are also great with lots of options in the sevice menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Timid Neo Newbie

Since you're in Germany I vote for the B&O MX series. 28" MX7000 is quite decent.
    Every once in a while one of them pops up for free. I removed the front glass of the MX7000 and couldn't be happier.

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejmoffitt View Post
    Trinitrons are great, but I will never recommend a flat one. The KV-27S42 is a great model in the US, and I'm sure you can find an equivalent European unit.
    I find a lot of flatscreen Sonys have major red push, sometimes making red appear orangish/too saturated. Depending upon the model it can be fixed, other times not really so either live with it or compromise.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 06-01-2017 at 03:56 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Crazed MVS Addict

It's always going to be personal preference but i find the sony's to be nicer than the b&o's. Sony's (all?) have a servicemenu where you can adjust everything like geometry etc. A nice not too old or worn out bvm does have a slightly better picture but seeing the prices these go for i'd say fuck that, its not worth the effort nor premium

赤裸裸的汽車人

A Trinitron is also the best way to watch a VHS.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

If you live in an NTSC region get a Scart to component converter like this one:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCART-RGB-...%257Ciid%253A5

Just be sure to replace the power supply with a better quality one.

I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    If you live in an NTSC region get a Scart to component converter like this one:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SCART-RGB-...%257Ciid%253A5

Just be sure to replace the power supply with a better quality one.
    Such as?
    Quote Originally Posted by Famicommander View Post
    Unify the IWGP Heavyweight, Jr Heavyweight...
    Spoiler:

I converted mine to 5v, as many do by bypassing the voltage regulator. I picked out a 5v AC adapter with the same tip size from a local junk store. Unfortunately the polarity was wrong so I had to open the power supply and reverse the connection.

I think the converter takes 12v out of the box.

Cham Cham's Banana

My favorite Sony tube is the FV300. The FS lineup is perfectly decent as well though. Favorites sizes are 20 and 24. 27 and up I can't manage on my own so that's a bummer if I ever need to move the tv to open it up and work on it. Also why I never tried an FV310 because it only comes in 27 inch and up. I hear it's arguably even better than FV300 due to having eliminated geometrical distortion from high brightness, but then again I kind of like that peculiarity of crt's...
    Last edited by Doom; 06-01-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Thread Information