Neo Geo Japanese hotel unit?

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I'm aware that the AES started out as a hotel rental unit but I always thought it was just a normal AES unit that we have today. I came across this eBay listing and I'm wondering if this is how the Neo Geo units looked back in the day in Japanese hotels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS...295398?hash=item3d383977e6:g:dfUAAOSwc-tY7~4x

They also want $60,000 for it. :eek:

You are making a bit of confusion, the home console (identical shape as the console we all know) came as a rental service for end users (not hotels) in 1990 and briefly after also for sale.

The Deck (hotel unit) of the listing came in 1993, and uses mvs carts. It was designed for rooms and lobbies.

NeoGeo64

Zero's Secretary
Oh, okay. Thank you for clarifying that. It's still uber expensive. You could buy an AES and the entire game library for a fraction of the sum of money the seller wants.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
An overpriced Neotropolis auction? Thank you for exposing this, NeoGeo64!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
The asked price is ridicolous and definitively a desperate attempt to cash in, from some collectard not knowing shit about this hobby.

Having dealt with 3 of them personally so far, I can say a realistic price is ten times less.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
that price is out of reach even for liquid snake.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Exactly.
Plus this is Kennyboy. Probably saving money for another Mazda R8 :tickled:

The asked price is ridicolous and definitively a desperate attempt to cash in, from some collectard not knowing shit about this hobby.

Having dealt with 3 of them personally so far, I can say a realistic price is ten times less.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
As long as he's trying to rape his customers, with absurdly inflated prices, couldn't he at least throw in shipping.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
As long as he's trying to rape his customers, with absurdly inflated prices, couldn't he at least throw in shipping.

You can't ask for 'love and affection' when you're being raped now can you?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Didn't kennyboy get this off yaj for like $1000?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
You can't ask for 'love and affection' when you're being raped now can you?

Are you suggesting he's the type of guy to fuck you in the ass, and not have the decency to give you a reach around?

I'm not saying I disagree.