External power supply triple output

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hey guys,

I was looking for an external PSU that can output at once +5 +12 -5v.
Any good feedback on the Mean Well GP50A13A-R1B?

Capture.PNG

DIN 5
PIN 1: Ground
PIN 2: Ground
PIN 3: +5v
PIN 4: -5v ?
PIN 5: +12V ?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
While I haven't used that specific one before, I have used Mean Well psu's in other devices before and they generally seem solid.

The specs on that psu look pretty good. I assume this is to power a supergun?

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
While I haven't used that specific one before, I have used Mean Well psu's in other devices before and they generally seem solid.

The specs on that psu look pretty good. I assume this is to power a supergun?

Yes it is. That psu costs about $40 before shipping so I'd like to make sure it is the right choice :)
Thanks for the feedback

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would like to share a bit of my disappointment with the PSU GP50A13A-R1B.
It is undeniably compact and all-in-one solution but let me tell you that it doesn't deliver.
I'm reading 4.6v (CPS1) to 5.05v (MV1B) and ok...most board play fine with such low voltage but not Killer Instinct which goes on boot loop or doesn't boot at all.

Any known/tested table top psu to recommend?

(Already made a shorter harness to ease the load and gained about .05v for the 5v rail)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would like to share a bit of my disappointment with the PSU GP50A13A-R1B.
It is undeniably compact and all-in-one solution but let me tell you that it doesn't deliver.
I'm reading 4.6v (CPS1) to 5.05v (MV1B) and ok...most board play fine with such low voltage but not Killer Instinct which goes on boot loop or doesn't boot at all.

Any known/tested table top psu to recommend?

(Already made a shorter harness to ease the load and gained about .05v for the 5v rail)

The problem seems to be the +5V amperage output. Maybe 4A is not enough for the bigger boards. That, and the lack of pot to regulate the output may cause your problem. For reference, I use my supergun with a MeanWell RT-125A. So far, it has worked with CPS2, an MV2F, Atomiswave, PGM, CPS1, MK2 and MK3. Only drawback of it is that it does not power on unless you load it with more than 1A, so smaller boards that do not consume much (MV1B, MV1C) usually cannot be powered with it.

Regards.