Raiden V Director's Cut PS4

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The only new addition so far seems to be an offline 2-payer mode, but I assume the game was rebalanced to account for this. The original Xbone release is a good but not great shmup. If you don't own the original and have a PS4, I'd say this will be worth buying.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The Raiden games have been garbage since Raiden III

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
It is curreny available for preorder at $39.99 on Amazon.
It includes the CD soundtrack, so that is a plus.
It might drop to 31.99, with Prime once it is released, so I'll wait to see if that happens.

They should just package Raiden 1-5 for 39.99.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
There is only Raiden II.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm down. Haven't gotten for Xboner yet 'cause I was hoping for something like this to happen or to wait for a super cheap sale. The videos of the game didn't get me going. I managed to get overkill on PS3 when it was like 3 bucks. I dunno what's the deal with the disdain with the rest of the series. All Raidens are good, including Viper Phase 1 and the Fighters series. 3 was meh, 4 was a bit better, Overkill was a bit better than the last, so I'm hoping V is better than the last and in turn this update to be even better than V. I think moss is growing, slowly but surely.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I don't have a xbox-one so this is good news for me.I went ahead and preorder it i could all ways use another shooter to play on the PS4.

neogodzilla

New Challenger
Very excited about this especially since I no longer own an xbox one. sr20det510, the game should have the prime discount applied to it now. I preordered it just yesterday and it rung up 31.99 for me.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
The Raiden games have been garbage since Raiden III

As soon as they stopped having that incredible music and super gritty art style they lost their identity and it became pretty pointless. The series died after Raiden DX.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...so Viper Phase 1 and the Raiden Fighter series aren't good according to all these shitty opinions...lol, plz.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Viper Phase 1 kicks ass! The Raiden Fighters series is fun to play but I really prefer Raiden II.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
VP1 is the best looking game of that era.

It's my favorite shooter.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Got this yesterday at a local shop. Was feeling a bit underwhelmed at first playtroughs but its starting to grow on me. Have a few questions in case any of you might know...
Is route selection based on score/performance?
Was there any way on the Xbox version to turn off all the subtitles text overlaid on the screen top?
Whats up with the "Cheer connect"? i don´t get it... Contrary to Caladrius Blaze the retail version of Raiden V (Asia) doesn't include any manual, it comes with a cd soundtrack...would rather have the manual myself.
A normal 1cc run seems to be pretty long since there are a tons of stages and some take a while to get trough.
Are there any unlockables like extra ships or arcade mode?

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
How did I miss this? It looks like it's coming to PC via GOG and Steam as well. Now I'm glad I haven't bought the Xbox One import. Especially since it's a physical release.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Had this when I still had my XB1. It was okay but does not compare to the others in the series.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have the Japan-only disc version for Xbox One. It's okay, but I can't really get into this shooter. I wish the characters would shut up.