Farpoint PSVR - don't buy if you hate spiders!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I caught some trailers of Farpoint, but either I didn't watch closely enough, or the trailers weren't that informative....

a planet filled with spiders ranging from dog sized to house size...no fucking thank you! Spiders that burrow up from the ground and launch at your face, legs extended and fangs out, all while in vr??? God damned nightmare fuel.

I want to love this game. PS Aim controller is incredible. Looks great on PS4 Pro. But shit I wish I'd known it took place on "Arachnafuckyouphobia" planet.

Give me snakes or zombies or ghosts any day. Back to Superhot VR for me!

(no but legit. If spiders don't scare you and you have PSVR, buy this. Me...I can't play for more than fifteen minutes before giving up)

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I caught some trailers of Farpoint, but either I didn't watch closely enough, or the trailers weren't that informative....

a planet filled with spiders ranging from dog sized to house size...no fucking thank you! Spiders that burrow up from the ground and launch at your face, legs extended and fangs out, all while in vr??? God damned nightmare fuel.

I want to love this game. PS Aim controller is incredible. Looks great on PS4 Pro. But shit I wish I'd known it took place on "Arachnafuckyouphobia" planet.

Give me snakes or zombies or ghosts any day. Back to Superhot VR for me!

(no but legit. If spiders don't scare you and you have PSVR, buy this. Me...I can't play for more than fifteen minutes before giving up)

You get new enemies about half or so through the game, if you can make it that long haha.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Sounds like my kind of game. Day 1 flash sale purchase.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You get new enemies about half or so through the game, if you can make it that long haha.

haha I'm trying to get some progress but it's taking awhile. I could go for some non-spider enemies though

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
First time playing it and I didn't manage to reach the first checkpoint before nausea. I messed with smooth strafe and before even realize it, it was too late! How do you guys play this game? Do you use strafe or not? You are standing or seated?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I use the step turning option. Free turn is too much, but the 1/4 step turning is perfectly fine for me.

Oddly enough using my Vive and the Doom 3 BFG hack, I get no motion sickness from full movement control. I think motion sickness is very game dependent.

Robinson The Journey gave me zero motion sickness as well

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I got to test this out a few weeks ago at a Best Buy. I got slight nausea but more so had problems with almost falling off the chair due to the frame rate stuttering.

The game had step turning on when I tried it. It felt so confusing. I think I could have done much better experience wise with free turning.

Either way. Just like all the VR so the graphics are terrible with the experiences I've had. So far, I've only tried PSVR, Samsung VR.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I use the step turning option. Free turn is too much, but the 1/4 step turning is perfectly fine for me.

Oddly enough using my Vive and the Doom 3 BFG hack, I get no motion sickness from full movement control. I think motion sickness is very game dependent.

Robinson The Journey gave me zero motion sickness as well
I have a hard time with Robinson as well

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I got to test this out a few weeks ago at a Best Buy. I got slight nausea but more so had problems with almost falling off the chair due to the frame rate stuttering.

The game had step turning on when I tried it. It felt so confusing. I think I could have done much better experience wise with free turning.

Either way. Just like all the VR so the graphics are terrible with the experiences I've had. So far, I've only tried PSVR, Samsung VR.

Something must have been screwed up on their setup. On my Pro it's smooth as can be. Not Vive resolution but not bad at all

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Something must have been screwed up on their setup. On my Pro it's smooth as can be. Not Vive resolution but not bad at all
Do you play farpoint seated or standing?
Have you noticed feeling less motion sickness after getting used to vr?

I am thinking selling my setup and games because of motion sickness

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Do you play farpoint seated or standing?
Have you noticed feeling less motion sickness after getting used to vr?

I am thinking selling my setup and games because of motion sickness

Standing, not sitting.

You should keep at it. The motion sickness lessens over time till it was unperceivable (at least to me)

But its game dependent

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I need to crack mine open and play. I haven't gotten a chance to play quite yet. Thankfully spiders are far from an issue for me.

I really thought that the VR would give me motion sickness, but from everything I've played thus far, it's been good.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I sold my set up. Too much motion sickness. I was playing arround midnight and still had nausea the next morning. I will re-enter VR when technology improves