Bamboozled

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
MnB_bamboo_rotation_zps6s5ouzyn.gif

Here's my newest figurine, a "Bamboo" monster from the 1990 Famicom RPG "Musashi no Bouken" (The Adventures of Musashi). Said title was never released in North America, but there's a fan translation available online (which is obviously what I used for my screenshot).

MnB_bamboo_skunker_zps2fgurqty.png

MnB_bamboo_sprite_animate_zpsxtvzv3xo.gif

Like many RPG sprites, Bamboo gets recycled into other monsters. "Akagare", literally "red wilting". is a condition that afflicts rice plants, resulting in rust-colored spots on their leaves. I'm not sure what "Kuzama" translates as, but my best guess is "Esteemed Kudzu" ("kuzu" + the "-sama" honoriffic suffix).

MnB_akagare_kuzama_mock-ups_zpssi0wxy7k.jpg

Modeling process:

MnB_bamboo_fab1_zpshb2mscuz.jpg MnB_bamboo_fab1b_zpsisn7j8xe.jpg

MnB_bamboo_fab2b_zps9qk8n40m.jpg

MnB_bamboo_fab3_zps07ropiro.jpg MnB_bamboo_fab4_zpsgekcc3d4.jpg

Photo montage:

MnB_bamboo.jpg

groupshot_052217_zpszmteh8pf.jpg

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
M to the W

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Just seen this, amazing work as usual man! Looks spot on. :cool:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Thanks, everyone!

I've noticed that a number of older Japanese games have hand-made model dioramas for the cover art of their boxes (as did Nintendo Power here in the US on some of their earlier issues). Sadly, that's not in style anymore, but making those for a living would be a pretty sweet dream job for me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I've noticed that a number of older Japanese games have hand-made model dioramas for the cover art of their boxes (as did Nintendo Power here in the US on some of their earlier issues). Sadly, that's not in style anymore, but making those for a living would be a pretty sweet dream job for me.

That's exactly what I thought, when I saw this:

MushashinoBoukenJPBoxShotNES.jpg