Ugh... When it's this close to home...

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Young, weak minded criminals with strong ties to their fathers homeland, grow up rejecting western law .
Family urges them to stop and take up religion, then going to Saudi sponsored ultra-conservative Salafism Mosks that should not be allowed in the West in the first place where their minds gets poisoned.
Really nasty assholes contact them in/outside the Mosk and they separate and radicalize ...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Am I the only one who sees what is really happening with this, and other, attacks?

It's so similar to American 'school shootings' in that you get one or more suicidal nutjobs (who probably have Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc.) looking to 'go out big' and enact their revenge fantasies on others in the process.

It's all about the crazy individuals ...the extremism, the religion is just the fuel that fires them.

If Islamic Extremists were really trying to fuck up Western nations in any kind of concerted way- then why do these things happen so sporadically?

It's because you need a NUT to actually go through with this bullshit.

Normal radical religious extremists are still prone to the very human urge of self-preservation.

You give me 100 Islamic Radicals and I bet I find no suicide bombers. Just do the math. How many Islamic extremists are there? Lots. How many suicide bombings are there every year?

Give me a thousand and I bet I get a handful of them that are up on the idea but won't actually ever go through with it.

So what you're saying is that we should hunt down every nutjob! Excellent course of action. We'll need a series of mental prisons and a sound militarised police unit. They will need some privileges with 'removing' their targets, they need only feel that they're not worth detaining due to perceived risk.

Would probably work, ruffle some feathers but hey progress comes at a cost.

Should we start with you?

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Am I the only one who sees what is really happening with this, and other, attacks?

It's so similar to American 'school shootings' in that you get one or more suicidal nutjobs (who probably have Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc.) looking to 'go out big' and enact their revenge fantasies on others in the process.

It's all about the crazy individuals ...the extremism, the religion is just the fuel that fires them.

If Islamic Extremists were really trying to fuck up Western nations in any kind of concerted way- then why do these things happen so sporadically?

It's because you need a NUT to actually go through with this bullshit.

Normal radical religious extremists are still prone to the very human urge of self-preservation.

You give me 100 Islamic Radicals and I bet I find no suicide bombers. Just do the math. How many Islamic extremists are there? Lots. How many suicide bombings are there every year?

Give me a thousand and I bet I get a handful of them that are up on the idea but won't actually ever go through with it.

I don't blame religion for these nutjobs, I never have.

Like you said, religion is just fuel to an insane person's fire.

We, as human beings, have two different problems. Religion, and the insane.

Religion causes a huge amount of problems for us all, especially with the government and the laws we all live under. Insane people...there is literally nothing we can do about it.

Freedom has a price and that price is lives, it has always been this way. If you want to be free, people are going to die because of it and it is that simple. We can try to predict, sort, and control the insane, but the cost to everyone else would be astronomical. We can ban everything that can (and does) kill us...but again, the cost of freedom would be huge. insane people are going to kill the rest of us, and this is what it is. Trying to find them before they act out is impossible.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
So what you're saying is that we should hunt down every nutjob! Excellent course of action. We'll need a series of mental prisons and a sound militarised police unit. They will need some privileges with 'removing' their targets, they need only feel that they're not worth detaining due to perceived risk.

Would probably work, ruffle some feathers but hey progress comes at a cost.

Should we start with you?

Look, I get where you are coming from lachlan, and if anything my opinion was a purely intellectual one- and not particularly tactful- in a time where people feel so threatened by sudden, irrational murders which can't be predicted or properly defended against.

So I apologize for that.

But what can any government accomplish insofar as cutting down the % likelyhood of this particular type of terrorist mass murder?

Honestly, the best solution mathematically would be to expel all Muslim males in your country between 16-40. Would this work to lower the number of terror attacks in a particual nation? Probably.

Because (this is key) certain types of individual perpetrate these horrific crimes.

You want to feel safer? You do not need (or even want) to ban Islamic immigration per se.

A big question first though:

Q: 1) Who are the most violent people on the planet and Q: 2) Why are they so violent?

A1: Young men

A2: Testosterone

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I'm not finding the thread for what just happened in London? whats a UK?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I think we're all in a state of shock over here at the moment.
Not a lot that can be said that ain't been said already, grief, anger, and a very palpable feeling of outrage, and dare i say it, retribution.
This is something that we're all gonna have to live with on a daily basis, the lure of the martyr is ever present in today's society to impressionable easily led individuals.
The knock on effect's are what worry me the most, more and more of our civil rights will get taken away from the vast majority of law abiding people because of the actions of a few murderous numpty's.
What's the answer ???, let's be honest there's not an easy one, it's not hard to hire a van, mow down a bunch of people with it and go on a rampage with 12 inch knives.
Thank goodness the plod were there within 8 minutes or it would have been far, far worse.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not a lot that can be said that ain't been said already, grief, anger, and a very palpable feeling of outrage, and dare i say it, retribution.
This is something that we're all gonna have to live with on a daily basis, the lure of the martyr is ever present in today's society to impressionable easily led individuals.
The knock on effect's are what worry me the most, more and more of our civil rights will get taken away from the vast majority of law abiding people because of the actions of a few murderous numpty's.
What's the answer ???, let's be honest there's not an easy one, it's not hard to hire a van, mow down a bunch of people with it and go on a rampage with 12 inch knives.
Thank goodness the plod were there within 8 minutes or it would have been far, far worse.

Cheers for using the imperial system of measurement. Doesn't it seem weird that Theresa May was so quick to respond with a list of ways she plans to combat these acts from reoccuring, including restricting and monitoring the internet? Well, Winston Smith, good news. In the future you will just be wearing brown uniforms, and your thought crimes will be punished by wearing a cage on your face filled with hungry rodents. Because that's how Theresa May will stay in power, and her recent dip in the polls so close the election will not be taken lightly. She'll send in the knifey halal guys until she gets the vote.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Cheers for using the imperial system of measurement. Doesn't it seem weird that Theresa May was so quick to respond with a list of ways she plans to combat these acts from reoccuring, including restricting and monitoring the internet? Well, Winston Smith, good news. In the future you will just be wearing brown uniforms, and your thought crimes will be punished by wearing a cage on your face filled with hungry rodents. Because that's how Theresa May will stay in power, and her recent dip in the polls so close the election will not be taken lightly. She'll send in the knifey halal guys until she gets the vote.

Yep, i hear what your saying all too well wasabi, if big brother ain't here already, he soon will be.
Control, subjucation and a well structured police state may well await us all unfortunately.
I genuinely despair at the way our individual rights get erroded away, these incidents just give the powers that be an excuse to bring in law's to do just that.
It's a frighening scenario.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Maybe looking after the public's mental well being should be as important as their physical well being?

Maybe finding ways to keep young people occupied with productive activity?

Maybe find a compromise with feminism, in projecting good male role-models?

Edit: None of this is entirely original or novel, Joseph Campbell, Nietzche, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Sitaraman all weigh in on this.

Neither will 100% solve the problem, but their side effects are easier to swallow than just increasing security at our expense.

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Maybe looking after the public's mental well being should be as important as their physical well being?

Maybe finding ways to keep young people occupied with productive activity?

Maybe find a compromise with feminism, in projecting good male role-models?

Edit: None of this is entirely original or novel, Joseph Campbell, Nietzche, Aristotle, Machiavelli, Sitaraman all weigh in on this.

Neither will 100% solve the problem, but their side effects are easier to swallow than just increasing security at our expense.

I'm going to feed you your own rancid shit, you fucking pedophile.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Fuck no. Feminism these days is a fucking cancerous & toxic mess.

...and then some. Today the suffrage movement is all about a consumption-oriented switch of a woman into a man. Welcome to alcoholism, lung-cancer and cardiac infarction ladies.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

aye. and the media outlets, fuck me if they're not a parody - I'm talking about the BBC and the Guardian. purile shit.

as for this whole shitty mess, it's very, very sad.
if you think the world a body, and part of it's main organs have been getting abused over and over, it's bound to end up affecting other more prominent organs of the body.
reliance on the state, media, and technology - thinking they have your best interests at heart is what is turning us into some giant lemming looking for a fuck off big cliff to jump off of.
bah bah

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
aye. and the media outlets, fuck me if they're not a parody - I'm talking about the BBC and the Guardian. purile shit.

as for this whole shitty mess, it's very, very sad.
if you think the world a body, and part of it's main organs have been getting abused over and over, it's bound to end up affecting other more prominent organs of the body.
reliance on the state, media, and technology - thinking they have your best interests at heart is what is turning us into some giant lemming looking for a fuck off big cliff to jump off of.
bah bah

As opposed to historically anti Muslim bents of The Sun or Daily Mail?

It needs to be reminded, Chachi, that you're as brown as neo_moe and more brown than me. Who is to say you're not the next target when they're through with us?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'm really more of a taupish-pink

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
As opposed to historically anti Muslim bents of The Sun or Daily Mail?

It needs to be reminded, Chachi, that you're as brown as neo_moe and more brown than me. Who is to say you're not the next target when they're through with us?

haha.
I'm actually not that brown (green eyes), I'm just brown enough that pasty looking kids used to come up to me asking me for "un cigareto" whatever that may mean
The Sun and the rest of them I take for granted as not being serious news agencies (which is a major mistake since they have a really big readership).
I'm just saddened by how much BBC and Guardian have swung right in the last 10 years. it's sad.
I'm worried though, that "the west" will want to reshape the landscape here in the near to medium future. and then we'll be fucked and I'll have to be an exile again. fun tymez.
edit: yes I do think we are next on the list. then asia then africa but we may be talking in 50-100 years time (throwing figures around like a boss)

Last edited:

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
...and then some. Today the suffrage movement is all about a consumption-oriented switch of a woman into a man. Welcome to alcoholism, lung-cancer and cardiac infarction ladies.

Its just a sad fact that once the movement enabled women to take on male roles, it never bothered to also gain respect for women or traditionally feminine roles. And it only generated negative roles and stereotypes for men. If you tell young men that they will be judged by how much money and children they have, how much pussy they've had, but at the same time tell them that everything they do is evil and misogynist, what do you expect?