Need soldering done

kruuth

n00b
I need some work done on my single slot MVS. I want to put on the NEOVGA mod and I need to change the battery. Is there a list of people that can do this work?

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
shoot Xian Xi or Big Bear a PM to see what their workload is...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Try Big Bear. My monitor isn't supported by the NEOVGA so I wouldn't be able to confirm it working when I'm done.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm a little curious why people do VGA when there's native RGB support. I guess people have specific monitor needs. Like those VGA monitors they started putting in cabs around Naomi times.

kruuth

n00b
I'm a little curious why people do VGA when there's native RGB support. I guess people have specific monitor needs. Like those VGA monitors they started putting in cabs around Naomi times.

Yep. Mine is vga.

J-P

NEST Puppet
you could always get a scart to vga box:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191845520434

FusionITR is a member here too.

That's perfect if his monitor is 15kHz - but, as far as I'm aware, this box just outputs RGBHV (or whatever sync) via a VGA/Dsub out. If he's trying to get VGA out for 480p or higher he'll need the neoVGA board to get 31KHz. It's the only reason I can think of that makes sense anyway. Or alternatively a proper scaler / line doubler.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
That's perfect if his monitor is 15kHz - but, as far as I'm aware, this box just outputs RGBHV (or whatever sync) via a VGA/Dsub out. If he's trying to get VGA out for 480p or higher he'll need the neoVGA board to get 31KHz. It's the only reason I can think of that makes sense anyway. Or alternatively a proper scaler / line doubler.

Look for the thread for the vga box here, I don't think the KHz matter...

Last edited:

J-P

NEST Puppet
Sorry Neodogg - my search skills clearly aren't up to scratch (couldn't see any thread on a SCART>VGA box in here) - the original thread for the NeoVGA board is pretty solid.

I can get 480i out of the MVS at a push, but not higher without scaling/line-doubling.

The one in that ebay link is 15KHz (320x240 / low-res) only. That's all was all I was sayin'. If he bought that, he'd be a be in the same situ he is now but with different plugs.

If there is such a beast though, I'd be intrigued to take a peek, as it would be really useful. I have a Sony PGM that only does 31KHz (640x480 @ 60Hz). Decent RGB capable low res displays seem to be costly or rare as hen's teeth (round these parts at least).

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

The NeoVGA does RGB(15), VGA(31), Component(240) and Component(480) iirc. Plus can do scanlines.

kruuth

n00b
Yes that's the main reason I got it. I'm at my wits end here. The guy that did it has done several mods for me without any issues whatsoever and this is the first time I've had a problem. I can't do them myself b/c I have limited motor control in my hands. He's copied everything in the install documents, all the way down to the exact coax wire in the pictures but we are still having this rolling issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0fKtJ4ac28

Is it possible that the board itself is bad?

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Got any pics of the board all wired up?

Have you tried emailing mikejmoffitt?

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Ahh ok. Does anything happen if you start jiggling wires on the board?

kruuth

n00b
No. It's pretty solid.

I'm not an expert here, but why do we need so many red/green/blue wires? Wouldn't a single one be sufficient?

Ahh ok. Does anything happen if you start jiggling wires on the board?

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think each line represents 1 bit of data or something like that.

If you're able you could bust out the multimeter and test all the connections...make sure everything's connected and nothing is shorted.

I would have no idea how to tell if the NeoVGA is bad or not. Does the NeoVGA board have an lights light up when it's running?

Maybe a dumb question but does the video off the JAMMA edge still work properly?

kruuth

n00b
Yeah it works why? I've checked all the lines and they seem stable.

I think each line represents 1 bit
of data or something like that.

If you're able you could bust out the multimeter and test all the connections...make sure everything's connected and nothing is shorted.

I would have no idea how to tell if the NeoVGA is bad or not. Does the NeoVGA board have an lights light up when it's running?

Maybe a dumb question but does the video off the JAMMA edge still work properly?

buaku

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just wondering if maybe something got damaged while the NeoVGA was being installed.