PSU for a consolized MV2F

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi,
the power supply (5V) of my consolized MV2F has broken.
At home I have a "generic" power supply that I could set, among others, at 4.5V or 6V.

Could I use it in some way? (amperage is OK)

Thanks

sunder

n00b
If anything do you have a multimeter to check if the voltage is accurate though?
As far as I know maximum voltage should be around 5.2. I never dared to go more than 5.2 for any prolonged period of time.
I've gotten as low as 4.8v (dodgy psu) though so seemed to be alright then.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just go to a junk store or electronics store and get a proper 5V adapter. Or order one online. It's not hard, and worth the trouble to get a quality source of power that won't add noise to the video and audio.

The universal ones are generally shit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If anything do you have a multimeter to check if the voltage is accurate though?
As far as I know maximum voltage should be around 5.2. I never dared to go more than 5.2 for any prolonged period of time.
I've gotten as low as 4.8v (dodgy psu) though so seemed to be alright then.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

5.2v too close to the 5.25v limit that some chips have. Keep it at 5.0v for MVS. Anywhere from 4.8v-5.0v is fine. Get a power supply that has a max of 2.5 or 3A. The MVS uses less but with the extra headroom, your PSU won't be running at max all day.

f0rm0za

n00b
Spoiler:

I was also looking for a good power supply, for my CMVS MV2F and found a cheap power supply that suits me completely.
All power supplies, which are in the photos, work well with one cartridge inserted into one slot. If you insert the second cartridge into the second slot, then the power supply is not enough for normal operation.
All the power supplies, which are in the photo, except the last (rightmost) are not suitable, for working with flash cartridge NEOSD. With these power supplies, there will be problems with burning roms in the memory of the NEOSD cartridge. There will be such a problem here, as in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKCJGb1QBk

I solved the problem of the power supply unit, by purchasing an inexpensive power supply unit for 10A. I bought a power supply and was pleased with it. I can recommend it to purchase:
Model: YU0510 (5v, 10a)
I purchased a power supply from this seller:

P.S.
But this unit also does not work with two cartridges at the same time, but it works perfectly with one NEOSD cartridge, I tried to recreate an error with the burning roms in the flash of the cartridge, but I could not repeat the error - everything burning roms perfectly and there are no errors.
Good luck!

Last edited: