Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play-Asia releasing exclusive Dreamcast version of Breakers

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Damn, that's peak niche gaming right there.

An obscure fighting game from a niche system on a long dead console only still played by niche gamers.

And why the original Breakers and not Breakers Revenge?

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    And why the original Breakers and not Breakers Revenge?
    Because breakers revenge wasn't ported to neo geo cd. You can't convince people this is an actual port to dreamcast without dat red book audio if you emulate the mvs rom.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Isnt this an NCI release? I remember that shitty artwork from when they announced the AES version...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    Because breakers revenge wasn't ported to neo geo cd. You can't convince people this is an actual port to dreamcast without dat load screen if you emulate the mvs rom.
    Ftfy
    Take a bite out of crime.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Every time I see Play Asia all I can think is I miss Liksang.
    Holy shit yes!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm...SHN-k1d8rj6Q_A

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Every time I see Play Asia all I can think is I miss Liksang.
    co-sign on that.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Looks like the release date (from the US seller at least) has been pushed back into June. I'll admit, I've been entertaining the idea of buying this. I know there are emulations of just about every Neo title for DC (which I don't buy or support), but I would like to support Breakers. Even if it helps Chui and Retro Sumus indirectly, it could be worth it. Acc. to the DCJY article, the emulator was tweaked to run more efficiently so it's not like they are just slapping it to disc.

I've never played Breakers and I'm not interested in playing competitively. I also don't have a way to play MVS games, so this might be the best way to see the game for me, even if it's not perfect. Anyone else buying it, but afraid to speak up??

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by glazball View Post
    Looks like the release date (from the US seller at least) has been pushed back into June. I'll admit, I've been entertaining the idea of buying this. I know there are emulations of just about every Neo title for DC (which I don't buy or support), but I would like to support Breakers. Even if it helps Chui and Retro Sumus indirectly, it could be worth it. Acc. to the DCJY article, the emulator was tweaked to run more efficiently so it's not like they are just slapping it to disc.

I've never played Breakers and I'm not interested in playing competitively. I also don't have a way to play MVS games, so this might be the best way to see the game for me, even if it's not perfect. Anyone else buying it, but afraid to speak up??
    I love Breakers and hear what you're saying, but somehow, this just doesn't seem to be the right way to celebrate Visco's legacy imho. I own breakers and breakers revenge on mvs and breakers on neo cd, and am aware of their present high cost. However, reportedly compromised gameplay in an unoptimized emulator wrapper isn't the optimal way to experience this awesome title.

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Crawley's Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjmill View Post
    co-sign on that.
    Thirded. Fuck Sony.

I read is a bad conversion

Die Gans

Should have made a homecart from all new bits and pieces and sold it at a fair price.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Someone opened up that Lik-Sang wound. I think that one stings since (if memory serves) they basically "won" but lost due to court costs.

I don't mind more Dreamcast stuff, but this one seems like such a random choice lol
    twitch.tv/redhothero

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by glazball View Post

I've never played Breakers and I'm not interested in playing competitively. I also don't have a way to play MVS games, so this might be the best way to see the game for me, even if it's not perfect.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

I thought this was a cool idea until I read that the game doesn't even run at full speed. Yikes. I have the USB-GD Rom unit installed in my Dreamcast, so it's automatically a no-go for me. Not like I was even gonna touch this mess with a 39-1/2 ft pole anyway.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    Would be terribly funny if it uses the Neo4All emulator wrapper around the Neo Geo CD disc image.
    It most 100% certainly does.

NEST Puppet

My thing is, why not fix Breakers Revenge and release that one instead?
    Neo4All = Same shit

Thread Information