Play-Asia releasing exclusive Dreamcast version of Breakers

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Would be terribly funny if it uses the Neo4All emulator wrapper around the Neo Geo CD disc image.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Quick guys better scoop that one for the shelf!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I dig Breakers and have no problem with it being made available to Dreamcast owners, but I'll stick with the MVS cart.

edit

check out the start of their description:
Breakers is a good, polished yet generic, mid-tier 90s beat-em up'

Last edited:

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
That's exactly what it is. There was a recent PAL version sold trough a French online store.
http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2017/03/review-emulation-analysis-breakers.html

"At least it's a good port though, right? Well...not particularly. It would be a stretch of the imagination to call this a port by any criteria. What you're getting here isn't really a port at all. It's a ROM of the Neo-Geo CD version slapped onto a disk running on an unofficial fan made Neo-Geo CD emulator for Dreamcast. Yes, if you're reading this, you're probably more than capable of burning this onto a disk yourself, leaving it feeling like little more than a repro. While certainly more than playable, due to the emulator running on Dreamcast, the frame rate can't keep up to the blistering 60fps of the original version. In fact, a far more accurate experience would be had playing the game on MAME or any number of other emulators on PC or more modern consoles. Even the original MVS cart regularly sells on eBay for only marginally higher...leaving me wondering, what on earth is the point?"

Er, no. A fighting game that can't keep up with 60fps and it's already available on MVS, NeoSD and so many emus? No thanks.

It's time we put a stop to all those people exploiting us "shelf queens" LoL for selling an emulated game.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Even ignoring all the other problems people have already brought up, why go with Breakers instead of the sequel? I always thought Revenge was considered the better game from a competitive standpoint.

MissFaith

New Challenger
Strange choice of game to emulate and seems very overpriced for an unoriginal homebrew/repro. I love the fact people try to keep old consoles alive but this is just taking the mickey. Still someone must be buying otherwise they would not bother I guess.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Even ignoring all the other problems people have already brought up, why go with Breakers instead of the sequel? I always thought Revenge was considered the better game from a competitive standpoint.

Breakers Revenge was never ported to the Neo Geo CD, that's why.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Nobody who buys an emulated port with major slowdown is doing so to play it competitively.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

Pretty much the only difference ive seen is Saizo isn't in this one and you can select the boss character Bai-Hu (lol using boss characters). Character portraits seem different too along with backgrounds. Don't quote me on this but nothing changed for the characters in relation to their frame data, which is both hilarious and lazy.

Breakers is a good, polished yet generic, mid-tier 90s beat-em up'

Breakers revenge is a beat em up? News to me!

I wonder how bad the emulation will be.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
It looks like nothing's changed. Everyone excited about an inferiot port.:thevt::thevt::thevt:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
26d.gif

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Every time I see Play Asia all I can think is I miss Liksang.