chris cornell dead at 52.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yeah i seen it on the news earlier i didn't know chris was battling depression,very sad indeed.Superunknown was the album that got me listening to soundgarden.

Yep... That song started my love of grunge and soundgarden.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
RIP Chris - Thanks for the music.
It's always sad to see someone take their life however the music biz & lifestyle literally chews people up.

This was always my favorite song they did, prominent Sabbath vibe to it.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Pretty Noose was one of my favorite songs ever and I don't think it'll ever be the same now. fuck.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn, seems like yesterday I was watching these Soundgarden Videos on MTV. You know, back when MTV was cool and they played Music Videos.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Damn, seems like yesterday I was watching these Soundgarden Videos on MTV. You know, back when MTV was cool and they played Music Videos.

Yep, just watching through some vids really hit the feels hard

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Shit. This sucks. He was incredibly talented and an exceptional singer. I feel bad for his wife & kids.

Between Scott Weiland OD'ing and now this, the frontmen for 2 of my favourite bands are gone. What a damn shame. It feels like so many talented musicians are incredibly tormented, one way or another.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
RIP Chris - Thanks for the music.
It's always sad to see someone take their life however the music biz & lifestyle literally chews people up.

This was always my favorite song they did, prominent Sabbath vibe to it.

amazing song. Sabbathy for sure but so heart wrenching it could only be Cornell singing that.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Still sad about this... wishing the best for his family/friends/bandmates. My kids like Soundgarden too and they keep asking why he killed himself. I tell them that he had issues and was battling depression, but it's very confusing for them.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Just thinking back about Soundgarden...man I used to blast Jesus Christ Pose while playing Doom...ha that sh!t was intense.

4th of July was probably my favorite song off Superunknown.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
really bummed out about this. Been listening to Can't change me on repeat since yesterday

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Really sad... He was a hell of a musician, one of the best rock artists alive in my adult life.

Has anyone else heard talk about the changed encore ending? Apparently he changed it to In My Time of Dying by Zeppelin (which, to be fair, they'd played live many times) on fairly short notice

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Also, Audioslave is really underappreciated these days. Damn, he made some killer music

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I was a massive Soundgarden fan as of Bad Motorfinger (which came out when I was about 15), and I appreciated Chris' output up to and including Euphoria Morning.
everything after that I found to be subpar, well below what I was used to hearing from the man. and then his voice started to fail him.
King Animal if we're being honest is weak. the songmanship is is rather stiff and uninspired, and it's flimsy lyrically as is all the solo stuff Cornell was coming out with post Euphoria Morning.
I for one thought Audioslave was pretty horrible.
I'm not being an arsehole on purpose, I just think Chris was once a great singer songwriter who lost his talent along the way, maybe became complacent and middle class.
you see the vids of the liveshows from Bad Motorfinger era and fuck me sideways if it isn't one of the greatest rock acts in history

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I was a massive Soundgarden fan as of Bad Motorfinger (which came out when I was about 15), and I appreciated Chris' output up to and including Euphoria Morning.
everything after that I found to be subpar, well below what I was used to hearing from the man. and then his voice started to fail him.
King Animal if we're being honest is weak. the songmanship is is rather stiff and uninspired, and it's flimsy lyrically as is all the solo stuff Cornell was coming out with post Euphoria Morning.
I for one thought Audioslave was pretty horrible.
I'm not being an arsehole on purpose, I just think Chris was once a great singer songwriter who lost his talent along the way, maybe became complacent and middle class.
you see the vids of the liveshows from Bad Motorfinger era and fuck me sideways if it isn't one of the greatest rock acts in history

Yeah I wouldn't say Audiosoave is horrible but it always felt pretty generic/cookie-cutter to me...especially the 2nd and 3rd albums....I could never get into them as a band. "Be Yourself"...cringe...

I thought King Animal was ok, but definitely the weakest Soundgarden album. It had its good moments, but nothing truly memorable or exceptional.

Also, I think Down on the Upside was great but could have been excellent...it just suffered the same fate as Vitalogy - it was too long for its own good. If they cut it down to 9 or 10 songs it would have felt much stronger but unfortunately some of the filler songs dilutes the awesome stuff on it. Tighter and Tighter is probably my favorite Soundgarden song.

Still, the man made a ton of great music. Sad moe. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam was the soundtrack of my youth. Never got into Nirvana or STP in the same way as those 3 bands.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yeah I wouldn't say Audiosoave is horrible but it always felt pretty generic/cookie-cutter to me...especially the 2nd and 3rd albums....I could never get into them as a band. "Be Yourself"...cringe...

I thought King Animal was ok, but definitely the weakest Soundgarden album. It had its good moments, but nothing truly memorable or exceptional.

Also, I think Down on the Upside was great but could have been excellent...it just suffered the same fate as Vitalogy - it was too long for its own good. If they cut it down to 9 or 10 songs it would have felt much stronger but unfortunately some of the filler songs dilutes the awesome stuff on it. Tighter and Tighter is probably my favorite Soundgarden song.

Still, the man made a ton of great music. Sad moe. Soundgarden, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam was the soundtrack of my youth. Never got into Nirvana or STP in the same way as those 3 bands.
Tighter and Tighter!! man... complete genius. highlight of that album for sure. the more it hurts the better it is.
Alice in Chains Soundgarden and Nirvana where the biggest influences on me I'd say in my life (GnR, Pantera, and Deftones too)

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
St louis is such a hell hole chris cornell killed himself rather than play pointfest