neo geo aes repair issues

dcx516

New Challenger
I bought an AES on letgo for a deal too good to pass up. Looks like someone attempted a repair and effed it up big time, ive been repairing traces the best i could. The Board is a NEO-AES with a low serial number and while scanning the board i noticed the bottom chip at location 43256 was missing a pin on the pad. I am assuming that im screwed at this point but id like to know if there was any way to replace it or go another route.

Thanks in advance

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What's the chip? Something SNK custom or a logic IC or something off the shelf? "Location 43256" isn't help for those who don't have an AES in front of them.

Edit: OK that's a Sony RAM chip (VRAM?). There are people here who can repair that for you if you don't have the skills.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
42356 isn't a board location. Board location would be more like A-3, B-10 etc. But 42356 is work ram iirc. You're not screwed, just needs to be replaced and repaired.

dcx516

New Challenger
42356 isn't a board location. Board location would be more like A-3, B-10 etc. But 42356 is work ram iirc. You're not screwed, just needs to be replaced and repaired.

The leg literally came out of the chip

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Repairing traces? HOw many traces were broken? What are you getting on the screen when you power it up?
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Snap a photo of the motherboard if you could. Sorry for the double post.
BB

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
SMD rams come off quite easily with flux and a hot air gun. All you have to do is care about not screwing any solder pads.
That would lead to further repairs.

Chipquik as Xian said works wonders, but it's expensive as hell.