Cyvern - Battery Issue?

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
I'm borrowing a Japanese Cyvern PCB and am getting a garbage screen shortly after startup that says, "Clock Adjust" at the top and "Exit: Press 1P & 2P Start" at the bottom.

I have a 1L6B, so I wired in a second start button and it boots and plays fine after that--except TEST & SERVICE don't work.

I tried booting with DIP1 ON, but that goes to an even more garbage screen and it won't advance past there.

My only guess is the on-board CR2032 battery is dead, which brings me to the last issue.. the battery slides open into a giant heat sink :awe:

IMG_1591.jpg
IMG_1590.jpg

-wiNg+thanks

:edit:

Found I can set the date on that screen with the joystick and boot without having to use both start buttons. Also am able to access the Test Menu with DIP1, but not with the button--menu is also garbage and hard to navigate.

At one point I was able to credit feed with SERVICE and at another Up & Down on the joystick did not work.

I've reseated the cart and adjusted to voltage from just over 4.9 to just over 5V.

Right now I'm just chalking the button issue up to the E2's edge connector and the rest to the battery.

Last edited:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
yep, sounds like battery and possible bad TEST / SERVICE wiring in your cab. Id use a DMM and consult the wiring for JAMMA and your cab. but is sounds like it work OK now (?)

Hairy Otter

New Challenger
My only guess is the on-board CR2032 battery is dead, which brings me to the last issue.. the battery slides open into a giant heat sink :awe:

You have to slide the battery away from the heat sink. That way it should pop out to the top.