Best place to buy shock boxes/inserts

neogodzilla

New Challenger
Hey guys. I just started collecting mvs games again recently and was wondering where the best place to buy shock boxes and inserts is. I found several outfits upon browsing the web but wanted to know where the neo geo experts go. I value the opinions on these boards Thanks in advance.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey guys. I just started collecting mvs games again recently and was wondering where the best place to buy shock boxes and inserts is. I found several outfits upon browsing the web but wanted to know where the neo geo experts go. I value the opinions on these boards Thanks in advance.

Who else is selling shock boxes besides Southtown Homebrew?

neogodzilla

New Challenger
Cant remember the sites off hand. I was looking all over the web this weekend and I know I found more than one place selling replacement cases. I dont think they called them shockboxes though. Im assuming southtown homebrew is the place to go? I know thats the first one that popped up when i originally did my search, but I am all new to mvs again. It's been years.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i dont know if southtown is still doing them or not. I know shocks have become pretty tough to come by though.

Other options:

i make a cheap basic sleeve (think vhs sleeve) and have custom end labels for them. you can also try the neo mini box and his labels for a more rugged thing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Last time I ordered from Southtown, they were still selling shockboxes. This was only a few months ago.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
Southtown is the best in my limited experience. Ordered from them twice, excellent communication and great product.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Southtown for sure. Once and awhile they appear in the marketplace here.