Dude buys lot of 100+ MVS motherboards + games

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm sure he does, if you count the time involved cleaning and then turning them on and trying it out for under a minute to make sure it works as playing.

He'd be alright in those Galaxy Fight 1 Sec tourneys then.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I mean I'd totally love to open a whole pallet of neo geo stuff. Opening a box with a single AES game is still excitement city for me

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Hopefully this filters back into the community. The prices of some MVS games has been absolutely goifey lately.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
All I feel when seeing collections of this magnitude is pity. Seriously, what a waste of life - an endless vortex people keep throwing their money and limited time on this earth into.

I totally get this. Over the last 5 years at a more serious level I've grown to realize my time is getting more and more limited with a now 5 year old around and the rest. I'm fed up with the dust bunny collection so I've been ripping one band-aid off after another. Today I decided I'm going to fix the mistake I made last December and get rid of that Dreamcast I found along with the dozen games I picked up for it. Fence sitting on doing the same with same game count on a Wii I found after the fact. It's not that I dislike either or wish them gone, but I can't get the time to enjoy them when there's so much already I need to still chip away at while enjoying something new now and again on PC or Switch. I guess I got off easy but didn't feel like it 15 years ago unemployed. I was one of those types with a couple dozen systems and 2K+ games on shelf after shelf. Lost most of it, rebuilt a little bit of it as time went along and now I'm pushing back once more closer to what I started with pre-2001.

He'd be alright in those Galaxy Fight 1 Sec tourneys then.

Hah no doubt, given the stack there that would be about the only accomplishment to look forward to, outside of the rush of hoping to sell off all those doubles, triples, quadruples, etc in hopes of trying to break even.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I wonder what Yaton's haul looked like compared to his?

That fucking guy though... I fucking hate that guy. He's obviously mental, and a hoarder.

How does he even afford all that stuff? Flipping games on eBay?

I guess a better question is WHERE does he find the people selling this shit? He has posts all the time of obscure games and consoles consisting of hundreds of games he bough all at once. Is there some underground club where people unload library sized collections and sell it all to this guy?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hah no doubt, given the stack there that would be about the only accomplishment to look forward to, outside of the rush of hoping to sell off all those doubles, triples, quadruples, etc in hopes of trying to break even.

Of course, you, and others, are assuming that he wishes to part out with, what we assume to be, all the surplus stuff.
Clearly money is no issue to this guy, he doesn't seem the type to want to spend hours listing dozens of mvs mobos and carts on eBay - my guess is he'll pay someone to do that if he is going to part out... or he'll just put the "surplus" into storage.

Personally, as someone else stated, if I was that wealthy and was after one or two kits to complete my mvs kit collection then I'd just drop coin on premium examples on eBay or troll forums.

To do what he's done he's clearly done for self-esteem, which imo is rather crude, but narcistists won't care what others think negatively of them, they just want the attention. If you've got stacks of cash, achieving that is quite easy in the digital age.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Of course, you, and others, are assuming that he wishes to part out with, what we assume to be, all the surplus stuff.
Clearly money is no issue to this guy, he doesn't seem the type to want to spend hours listing dozens of mvs mobos and carts on eBay - my guess is he'll pay someone to do that if he is going to part out... or he'll just put the "surplus" into storage.

Personally, as someone else stated, if I was that wealthy and was after one or two kits to complete my mvs kit collection then I'd just drop coin on premium examples on eBay or troll forums.

To do what he's done he's clearly done for self-esteem, which imo is rather crude, but narcistists won't care what others think negatively of them, they just want the attention. If you've got stacks of cash, achieving that is quite easy in the digital age.

Fair enough. I've run across a well known headcase before on the scene and it's not pretty, and a couple of friends I had when I was back out west did too, kind of assaulted/harassed by the guy. Pat the NES Punk of all people. Sadly that bug eyed 'crazy act' attention seeking behavior you see online isn't like the AVGN dude -- it's no act. Once he saw my friends got a hold of a really sweet TG16 system in the box among some other goodies, he stalked them, then started getting really chummy out of nowhere and close asking all sorts of questions that would make someone nervous (follow to car and steal or worse?) Ended up getting him to go away posing for some pictures with the goodies like it was one of those on the wall caught a big fish pose shots. The one friend had to verbally remind the other not to punch the guy out. Just like this MVS hoarder, money is no object, the dude went on Pawn Stars with no intent to sell just to get his 15minuts of fame blowing up his gold NES World Championships cart. Sad attention seekers, both of them.

MissFaith

New Challenger
This guy is like the Steve Irwin of nerds.

"Cor blimey! Have you ever seen so many Geo's in the wild? Quick buy it before it gets away and attacks some ebay wannabe!"

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
Pfah - truck full of common stuff is just a truck full of stuff.

Best arcade haul is still this. Yeah it was a group effort, but we hired a crane and raided a ghost ship.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ I remember reading about that haul. Not sure if I knew you were involved or not. It was epic!

A shame you couldn't get to them sooner before the water got in.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
How does he even afford all that stuff? Flipping games on eBay?

I guess a better question is WHERE does he find the people selling this shit? He has posts all the time of obscure games and consoles consisting of hundreds of games he bough all at once. Is there some underground club where people unload library sized collections and sell it all to this guy?

1. He is rich for other reasons. I do not know how he got his money or if he has a job. Seeing the room he has and all the work he puts in on that, organization and cataloging, not to mention the video editing for his channel, that is a lot of time there. So if he has a full time job as well, then he must not much sleep.

He has mentioned that he has some people gather things up for him who live in Japan. Likely he has someone in other countries as well. They find a bunch of the things and then mail them out. Also in one of his regular mail videos, he said how he will buy things on Ebay or other sites, and he sometimes gets something he had also got in one of those large shipments. So he already has duplicates already. That part is unknown to me, what does he do with the duplicates?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
So rich he has other people organize his games.

juci

n00b
I found his ebay, so far he has only put a few games up.
hasn't sold one mvs cart yet lmao, he wants 300aud for windjammers....
he has money, i don't think he cares if this stuff sells it will end up stored somewhere, which sucks because he lives around the corner from me n i would buy a stack of stuff if it was reasonably priced.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
he has money, i don't think he cares if this stuff sells it will end up stored somewhere, which sucks because he lives around the corner from me n i would buy a stack of stuff if it was reasonably priced.

300aud actually sounds pretty fair for an EBay price these days.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

He can't be that rich if he's flipping stuff on eBay :lolz:

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
A mate of mine in Victoria was over at this guys place a while back.. said it was unbelievable the amount of stuff he had. It is a pretty impressive haul of Neo Geo, nobody can deny that.
This Joel guy picked up a CRT from me a couple of years back, total wanker.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Don't leave us hanging like that. Spill yer guts son.

juci

n00b

was that the sony for 70?
I've heard good n bad things, but apparently he won big dollars no surprise there though lol.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
What is annoying you have to pause the video to see what he bought. Looking those carts games like blazing star or shock troopers should be far cheaper because there is lot of them. Only one pulstar with a bad label from that lot. Would be nice to know how many of those puzzle bobbles are fake.

Also those people in his videos don't seem to really be that into video games. Maybe he is paying them.

Last edited:

Missile

Another Striker
No that impressed to be honest. Some good games but varying condition of boxes, a load of duplicates, a hell of a lot of work. Nice to see though. Doubt he will enjoy them. Will probably just move on to completing his Tiger Game.com collection next

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I saw that ghost ship video, was there for so long, only few games were damaged, great score...