Why do ng.com members continue to support Dion?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
This question is for the active neo geo members who still interact with him (he likes to update his FB with that kind of info) by purchasing NGF carts, posing for pics, sending him gallery pics of your collection or using his authentication services.

In view of recent accusations and prior issues within the neo geo community, what is it exactly that makes you want to support him?

Is he misrepresented on ng.com, with a vocal few inaccurately portraying him as a villain and scammer?

What am I missing here, can one of you clue me in.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Fucker sold me "UK" Pacman and neo cherry master, that were just German manuals.... So no.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
the vilification for Dion is getting out of hand!

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think it's a product of time making history a little muddled...sprinkled in with some revisionist history. I doubt anyone that was either a member here or lurked during the NGF heyday supports them. However, newer people didn't see that train wreck and then they see shit like RacketBoy's interview and think "he doesn't seem so bad." Or it's just carryovers from the Dion dickriders that are still riding hard till this day.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Anyone that supports that sack of shit deserves the ban hammer.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think it's a product of time making history a little muddled...sprinkled in with some revisionist history. I doubt anyone that was either a member here or lurked during the NGF heyday supports them. However, newer people didn't see that train wreck and then they see shit like RacketBoy's interview and think "he doesn't seem so bad." Or it's just carryovers from the Dion dickriders that are still riding hard till this day.

Right. I don't think I've ever witnessed an instance of open support for him on this forum.

I'm totally not suprised that he's been able to form a brood of facebook/noob/johnnycomelately supporters though.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Who is this Dion you speak of?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ha even Ive heard of this guy. NGFreak magazine or some shit.

Marek

Banned
Leslie kind of supported them back in the day

But Leslie is actually retarded. So yeah.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
back in the day i used to think the pic of him and his mates on the motorbikes from 89 were of him and other members of this forum.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^lollerz, that's awesome!

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Karou's older brother/cousin.

Edit: That POS Dion, how the fuck did he manage to BS his way in? How is it that so many fucks drank his Kool-Aid? I always felt he was pretty blatant about it all.

Last edited:

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
I watched the racketboy interview in parts. Before last weekend I wasn't aware of who Dion was.

The guy is basically a wheeler-dealer who's been caught out a few too many times for most people's liking. No doubt he was onto a good thing at the start but I think he'd be better off disappearing into the sunset, but people like him are always chasing the next big deal regardless.

Also, what you could get away with 20 years ago isn't the same now. Everyone knows everyone with the help of the internet so trying to trick the masses simply doesn't play anymore.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I watched the racketboy interview in parts. Before last weekend I wasn't aware of who Dion was.

The guy is basically a wheeler-dealer who's been caught out a few too many times for most people's liking. No doubt he was onto a good thing at the start but I think he'd be better off disappearing into the sunset, but people like him are always chasing the next big deal regardless.

Also, what you could get away with 20 years ago isn't the same now. Everyone knows everyone with the help of the internet so trying to trick the masses simply doesn't play anymore.

I don't think you have a full picture of the shit he's done. He wasn't simply wheeling and dealing.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

He put some guy here in a headlock.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

There's pictures of him and Chris Ray shredding inserts.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

He once lured me into his home to look at rare neo geo games but then touched my secret no-no parts.