Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks Season 3. Official War Room discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't put it that way. I think about Mulholland Drive and what it meant [Lynch says it has no meaning] (not to mention the original Twin Peaks) almost daily. It's more that Season 3 feels super fragmented at the moment. And TFR is right - it could all tie up. But even if it does, it seems like a weird choice to have things that fragmented. There are only so many plates that viewers can keep spinning in their own minds without taking notes. You might say that repeat viewing was the aim of the season and that you have to work for the reward. But that might be a stretch.

Edit: Again, just to be clear, I think Season 3 is great. I just don't think it's perfect and that there are certain things that could have been better if done differently.
    Nature isn't perfect. The artist isn't perfect. And when something tries to appear perfect, it looks fake.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Actual Musician
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Nature isn't perfect. The artist isn't perfect. And when something tries to appear perfect, it looks fake.
    Are you quoting someone? Either way, I agree with this statement.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

Kyo Clone
    I'm not asking for perfect. It's my objective take. I'm all for weird and disjointed as long as expectations are set accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.

Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    Are you quoting someone? Either way, I agree with this statement.
    Yeah, the director of Guilty Gear

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yacolt_Burn

Supposedly there is a link between the burned woodsmen and the events of 1902.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Again, I'm just along for the ride with this season. I can't attempt to break down each element of each episode as there is just too much to absorb. I think when the season concludes I'll have a better perception and interpretation of the series. I've seen Lynch's films multiple times and something will always stick out that I didn't notice or perceive on the previous viewing and I prefer to indulge in his work that way. It's not that I don't enjoy and appreciate the analytical breakdowns (the theories presented here are on point, love it), but sometimes it acts as a detriment to the work as a whole, for me anyway.

The last episode was great! Complete Eraserhead vibe.

Gotta light?

Watching the marathon of old TP episodes, i am wondering if there is a connection between the woodsmen and the packard lumber mill.

Major Briggs was so fucking awesome

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Sakura's Bank Manager
    So there IS a Twin Peaks thread. This season has been great so far. Hi hope we're gonna see more judo chopping from Coop!

Any predictions from you guys for Episode 9??
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    So there IS a Twin Peaks thread. This season has been great so far. Hi hope we're gonna see more judo chopping from Coop!

Any predictions from you guys for Episode 9??
    I think that Rick Horne will have a run in with Bobby Briggs over the hit and run, and that Red may intervene and try to kill Bobby. Why? Because of the video from Season 2, episode 6, which showed Garland Briggs telling Bobby about how he was back in the white lodge, and that Bobby was going to knock on the door and greet him there. It could also be Bobby interfering with Darya and Sam Colby (the drugged up kid and Shelley's daughter, which could be his own daughter.

I think that the show needs to go back to the top of the convenience store and find the magician and the old lady.

I would also like to see Carl Rodd more. In FWWM he blurts out at one point "I have been places, but I want to stay here now." He can see the spirit leave the body, which means, according to MIKE from s2e1, that Carl's either blessed, or damned. I am going with the latter. Carl has been smoking for 75 years. That means, to me, he was smoking since the bomb dropped. He could be related to the woodsmen. Gotta light?

Actual Musician
    Wasabi is on another level of analyzing this season. Fucking awesome!

This show, especially this new season, has really had me reflect and think a lot about what is going on in the show. Much more than any other show I've ever watched. IMO it's a rare and great talent to have that sort of effect on people.

David Lynch is brilliant... I might have to check out Mark Frost's other works as well.

PS: Poppy, You're Goddamned right that Briggs was fucking great!!! It's a real shame his character, along with Pete, and Bowie not being able to be a part of this journey.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

Sakura's Bank Manager
    I think that Rick Horne will have a run in with Bobby Briggs over the hit and run, and that Red may intervene and try to kill Bobby. Why? Because of the video from Season 2, episode 6, which showed Garland Briggs telling Bobby about how he was back in the white lodge, and that Bobby was going to knock on the door and greet him there. It could also be Bobby interfering with Darya and Sam Colby (the drugged up kid and Shelley's daughter, which could be his own daughter.

I think that the show needs to go back to the top of the convenience store and find the magician and the old lady.

I would also like to see Carl Rodd more. In FWWM he blurts out at one point "I have been places, but I want to stay here now." He can see the spirit leave the body, which means, according to MIKE from s2e1, that Carl's either blessed, or damned. I am going with the latter. Carl has been smoking for 75 years. That means, to me, he was smoking since the bomb dropped. He could be related to the woodsmen. Gotta light?
    I JUST watched FWWM once again and noticed what Rodd said. From what tidbits I've seen on wiki from Mark Frost's Twin Peaks book, Carl Ross and the Log Lady disappeared in their youth into the Black Lodge, which probably explains his quote from the movie and his ability to see supernatural things in the world. Great analysis about cigarettes and 'got a light.'

Also, I agree that I hope to see more of Bobby. I thought he was a total dick in the first season, but had his reasons. He started becoming a more rounded character in season 2 so I hope he's gonna be cool as a Deputy in this season.

Furthermore, I'm crossing my fingers that the plot moves along in such a way that goes, "Hey Dougie, we need to go to Twin Peaks!"
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Actual Musician
    This weeks episode (episode 9), probably was my least favorite episode so far. But, maybe I'll like it more when I re-watch it later this week. Definitely some interesting things that we find out. Seems like that clip that Poppy posted a week ago with Briggs was definitely connected to where the plot is now.

I found this earlier today. Kinda silly, but pretty cool that it was made. "The Search for the Zone," Bill Hastings website:

http://thesearchforthezone.com/#heinlein

While I do like Bobby in the new season, I've got this weird feeling that he knows a lot more about his dad's disappearance. Part of me feels as if Bobby is not who he really is. The same goes for Ben Horne.

My trader feedback: Click here!

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    I still found enjoyment in this episode. The stuff with DoppelCoop was fun and I'm liking how much of a bad ass he is. The stuff about Major Briggs was cool. That chick with the nasty arm pit was...interesting. When the hell is Andy going to find out what happened to the guy who's truck ran over that kid?

Good episode, but the previous episode was such a force.

Reichsf?rer-Finnland
    Quote Originally Posted by OMFG View Post
    Part of me feels as if Bobby is not who he really is.
    Same. He seems to be half out of it all the time, and the prematurely grey hair.

Sakura's Bank Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by OMFG View Post
    While I do like Bobby in the new season, I've got this weird feeling that he knows a lot more about his dad's disappearance. Part of me feels as if Bobby is not who he really is. The same goes for Ben Horne.
    I'm really loving how Bobby's grown, but it would be one helluva twist if he knows more than he's letting on. I don't know about you guys, but do you think the message will take Bobby and the gang to his Dad right before his head gets chopped off? Time is fluid when it comes to the Lodges and Bill Hastings send that when Garland's head vanished, there were lots of people there. Also, won't there be a possibility where it relates to Garland's 'vision' of Bobby is Season 2 Episode 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    This weeks episode (episode 9), probably was my least favorite episode so far. But, maybe I'll like it more when I re-watch it later this week. Definitely some interesting things that we find out. Seems like that clip that Poppy posted a week ago with Briggs was definitely connected to where the plot is now.

I found this earlier today. Kinda silly, but pretty cool that it was made. "The Search for the Zone," Bill Hastings website:

http://thesearchforthezone.com/#heinlein
    Lynch has been taking TP through movements. 2 weeks ago it was a rollercoaster and this week was a cool down.

I thought the Hastings part was a good end tying piece.

The armpit part was weird. I hate most of the Bang Bang bar scenes, except the floor sweeping for 5 minutes scene in ep 8.

I am still interested in how the ring ended up in Garland's stomace, and if the people who Hastings is talking about, who killed Briggs, are woodsmen or maybe dopplecoop's people.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Matthew Lillard sobbing about scuba diving and trips to the Bahamas had me laughing at the TV. I think he will be an integral plot character.

Baseball Star Hitter
    Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    Matthew Lillard sobbing about scuba diving and trips to the Bahamas had me laughing at the TV. I think he will be an integral plot character.
    It was a brilliant scene. It's great to have Lillard back. It has been so long since I've seen him in anything.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    It was a brilliant scene. It's great to have Lillard back. It has been so long since I've seen him in anything.
    My kids watch him in Scooby Doo; he does a pretty good Shaggy. Other than that I only know him from Scream.

Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    My kids watch him in Scooby Doo; he does a pretty good Shaggy. Other than that I only know him from Scream.
    Slc punk was his finest work

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Actual Musician
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Slc punk was his finest work
    Agreed.

This episode was good.

But it made me appreciate that this is fucking IT for twin peaks.

If frostlynch don't make use of the remaining time then the original ARM will be correct. There won't be season 4, obviously.

Also. I didn't like THE nine inch nails' scene. I think the rest of the nails are with Trent for the paycheck because ghost 1-5 were garbage and so was the shit on twin peaks. Only difference is that I don't want to see the man that screamed HEADLIKEAHOLE sing some soft dick indie trash in the world of the two lodges.

If he was just some douchebag I'd be ok with it.
    Last edited by Poppy; 07-17-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Thread Information