Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks Season 3. Official War Room discussion thread

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Spoiler

When Jefferies tells Dopplecoop that he will be with BOB soon, it got me thinking that Jefferies's entire plan was to have both BOB and MIKE's powers inside him, essentially rejoining the evil spirits that caused so much destruction before Twin Peaks started.

So who is JUDY?

Probably the spirit from the Black Lodge that Jefferies is hosting. It could be the creature from the second episode that was in NY.
    Interesting.

We're not gonna talk about Judy, in fact, we're not gonna talk about Judy at all.

I'm enjoying the show, but right now it feels like art for art's sake. Which in turn is generally bad art. We're not going to get a proper narrative in this season at all.

Lynch be like, "I heard you liked Twin Peaks, so I put some Twin Peaks in your Twin Peaks".

Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    Interesting.

We're not gonna talk about Judy, in fact, we're not gonna talk about Judy at all.

I'm enjoying the show, but right now it feels like art for art's sake. Which in turn is generally bad art. We're not going to get a proper narrative in this season at all.

Lynch be like, "I heard you liked Twin Peaks, so I put some Twin Peaks in your Twin Peaks".
    I was in that boat around episode 4, but things have improved for me. I thought the last episode was the most powerful one.

First we have Carl Rodd go to the park and witness something horrible, right by the same telephone pole where MIKE/Phillip Gerard went off on BOB/Leland in Fire Walk With ME (FWWM), while Laura watched. This location is important (electricity seems to be the conduit of The Arm, which is currently evolved into a synapse looking creature in the Black Lodge; and Dale was sent into Dougie's body instead of DoppleCoop through the electrical outlet). There is a book about the secret history of Twin Peaks, by Frost, where he tells the story of Carl Rodd, the manager of the Fat Trout trailer park, and it involves him going north to the Tundra, and being saved by an Inuit girl who he falls in love with and has a child, but they are killed. So something about his reaction to the mother clutching her dead child was very touching.

Second, there is DougieCooper, who's only half there. He's slowly coming back, but MacLachlan's acting delivers, to me, a very deep look into human frailty. He's not full retard. Looks retarded, acts retarded, not retarded. Wins jackpots, solves insurance scams. Not retarded. But he is aware that he's not all there. He wants to touch the badge of the police officers as if it's the only way he can communicate his identity - he doesn't know how else. He seems to improve his condition every time he receives love or a piece of his old life. When he receives the coffee; when Janey-E kisses him on the head. "Wake up! Don't die! Don't Die!"

I think the scene with him and Sonny Jim clapping the light off and on was one of the best in the season so far.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Solid analysing.

Dougie is mesmerising to watch. The hand-shake-fail was a great scene too.

Actual Musician
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it
    I really dig the new season. I kinda wish that Dougie (as enjoyable as his scenes are) would wake up and start being Agent Cooper again. Naomi Watts was great the last episode, the whole broken legs thing and just the way she handled those goons was fucking great. The Richard Horne hit and run scene was waaaaaaay to long, I kinda feel the same effect could have been done in about a third the time. But the scene he had with Red was pretty kick ass.

We're a third of the way through the season. It will be cool to see how a lot of these characters and plot lines start connecting soon. (besides what we already know, or think we know)
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Balthazar Getty is the man!

I need to watch Lost Highway again (my favourite Lynch film).

Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    I really dig the new season. I kinda wish that Dougie (as enjoyable as his scenes are) would wake up and start being Agent Cooper again. Naomi Watts was great the last episode, the whole broken legs thing and just the way she handled those goons was fucking great. The Richard Horne hit and run scene was waaaaaaay to long, I kinda feel the same effect could have been done in about a third the time. But the scene he had with Red was pretty kick ass.

We're a third of the way through the season. It will be cool to see how a lot of these characters and plot lines start connecting soon. (besides what we already know, or think we know)
    DougieCoop will probably wake up when he's needed most, like to save Sonny Jim.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

This last episode was fantastic

Wasabi you're pretty sharp to catch some of that stuff you broke down in the long post.

I'm not really sure why STK isn't posting in this thread. I wish he would.

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Actual Musician
    Balthazar Getty is the man!

I need to watch Lost Highway again (my favourite Lynch film).
    Watching this season is reminding me more and more that I need to re-watch a bunch his movies and finally watch the ones I haven't.

That would be fucking awesome!!! I really hope when he does "wake up" that it's due to some dramatic event such as that.
    Last edited by Tung Fu ru; 06-16-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Watching this season is reminding me more and more that I need to re-watch a bunch his movies and finally watch the ones I haven't.
    Yeah, the missus and I are doing the same. Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet were on last weekend's agenda.

I've got some Psilocybin here so I might put Eraserhead on and hate my existence.

Actual Musician
    Yeah, the missus and I are doing the same. Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet were on last weekend's agenda.

I've got some Psilocybin here so I might put Eraserhead on and hate my existence.
    Not sure if Eraserhead is the movie to watch while tripping, that might make for a bad trip. I watched Dune on mushrooms in highschool, that was fucking fantastic! Many of the scenes along with the music/ambiance were amazing!

Man I wish I could go on a fun mushroom or acid trip, I haven't done so for 10+ years. Honestly I'm not sure how much fun it would be now, but in the right situation, I definitely would again. Some of my funnest times were had while tripping.

Not sure if Eraserhead is the movie to watch while tripping, that might make for a bad trip. I watched Dune on mushrooms in highschool, that was fucking fantastic! Many of the scenes along with the music/ambiance were amazing!

Man I wish I could go on a fun mushroom or acid trip, I haven't done so for 10+ years. Honestly I'm not sure how much fun it would be now, but in the right situation, I definitely would again. Some of my funnest times were had while tripping.
    First time I used acid, the people I was with put Brazil on the tv. I had no patience for it. Something about tripping makes me have zero attention span. I imagine that taking shrooms and then putting on Eraserhead would last for about 2 minutes before switching it for Lost Highway or The Fall.

Why would anyone even attempt to watch eraser head whilst tripping?

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Yeah, I certainly would not watch Eraserhead while tripping. My lazy attempt at being ironic. I imagine it would be a soul crushing experience.

I did watch John Woo's Hard Boiled on shrooms once. All the gun fire blew my mind. And Beyond the Black Rainbow...

Last edited by F4U57; 06-17-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Yeah, I certainly would not watch Eraserhead while tripping. My lazy attempt at being ironic. I imagine it would be a soul crushing experience.

I did watch John Woo's Hard Boiled on shrooms once. All the gun fire blew my mind. And Beyond the Black Rainbow...

never heard of BTBR. I'll have to add it to the list.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    It's a bizarre film. Not something I have recommended with great enthusiasm to the average joe; it's a bit of a chore, but you're a film buff so it's certainly worth a watch.

It's a bizarre film. Not something I have recommended with great enthusiasm to the average joe; it's a bit of a chore, but you're a film buff so it's certainly worth a watch.
    If you can make it through the electrical socket scene in twin peaks season 3 then you can handle pretty much anything

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post

I'm not really sure why STK isn't posting in this thread. I wish he would.
    Every couple of months I'll bing his name and obituary to make sure he's still alive.

He's still alive, I guess.

Chin's Bartender
    I've got a suspicion something big happens tonight for episode 7. Just a hunch

Actual Musician
    Not exactly what happened, but the scene with him taking out the midget hitman was so fucking awesome!!! Hopefully we see more of that from him and he "wakes up" soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    If you can make it through the electrical socket scene in twin peaks season 3 then you can handle pretty much anything
    What was wrong with that scene? I thought it was cool. Really the entire sequence at the beginning of that episode was pretty fantastic IMO.

Holy shit the new season has introduced so many new characters that we have't even gotten back to along with many original cast members the we haven't really seen. I hope that gets remedied soon. Just so that things don't seem rushed later on.

What was wrong with that scene? I thought it was cool. Really the entire sequence at the beginning of that episode was pretty fantastic IMO.

Holy shit the new season has introduced so many new characters that we have't even gotten back to along with many original cast members the we haven't really seen. I hope that gets remedied soon. Just so that things don't seem rushed later on.
    Nothing wrong with that scene. I loved it.

Point is that it's still kind of painful, and is going to make a significant percent of people super uncomfortable.

A lot of speculation on the net about what DoppelCoop did that rattled Diane so much. I don't think it was sexual, as other people have inferred. I think it it was something more along the lines of DoppelCoop asking her for information on someone, like he did with Albert, and then killing that person off. Or maybe that guy in Colombia who Albert tipped DoppelCoop off to was also Diane's man. Either way, Diane saying to Cole that she and him will have a long talk, to me, implies that this isn't so intimate, and that it's possibly something that he can fix.

The big thing in Ep 7 was Cole being called out by Albert for faking deafness. It's always been a ruse. Albert was tired of playing along.

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    I have really enjoyed the interview scenes with DoppelCoop in the prison; they feel tense and uncomfortable. I am also really enjoying DougieCoop; his scenes kinda seem like a slice of life (even with the gambling debt, insurance scams, and midget hitman). I know he eventually has to wake up, but I think it will also be a bit sad because he may lose his newfound family as a result. I thought it was pretty funny when Diane told Tammy to fuck off. I really like the chemistry between Albert and Cole.

Some questions:

-can anyone make sense of how exactly DougieCoop's drawings are exposing some sort of scam? Are they highlighting incorrect numbers?

-how does DoppelCoop have information on the warden to blackmail him?

-How and why did the missing pages from Laura's diary end up in the police station washroom exactly? Why not just destroy the pages permanently by flushing them?

I have been watching these episodes semi shit faced after work and am missing details.

I do remember, however, that my jaw hit the fucking FLOOR when the woman at the bar said "Diane"

Twin Peaks is the god damn best.

Quote Originally Posted by 90s View Post
    I have really enjoyed the interview scenes with DoppelCoop in the prison; they feel tense and uncomfortable. I am also really enjoying DougieCoop; his scenes kinda seem like a slice of life (even with the gambling debt, insurance scams, and midget hitman). I know he eventually has to wake up, but I think it will also be a bit sad because he may lose his newfound family as a result. I thought it was pretty funny when Diane told Tammy to fuck off. I really like the chemistry between Albert and Cole.

Some questions:

-can anyone make sense of how exactly DougieCoop's drawings are exposing some sort of scam? Are they highlighting incorrect numbers?

-how does DoppelCoop have information on the warden to blackmail him?

-How and why did the missing pages from Laura's diary end up in the police station washroom exactly? Why not just destroy the pages permanently by flushing them?

Remember that DoppelCoop used his FBI terminal to access the prison database after Ray was incarcerated.

As for Laura's diary pages, it was clear that everyone in TP except Audrey was completely enamored with Laura, and everything she touched was cherished. Her stupid necklace, for example, or the audio tapes she made.

I don't understand DougieCoop's case file drawings either. It could be two perspectives of a staircase.

Albert is one of the best parts of the show. Gutted that he died irl.

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    I haven't been reading up any theories or explanations on the current series (I should), so I'm pretty lost as to what is happening. I'm just enjoying the ride.

Thread Information