Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 272

Thread: Twin Peaks Season 3. Official War Room discussion thread

  1. #26
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    wingzrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    440
    I've never seen Twin Peaks, so I guess I'm in a good position to buy the Blu-Rays of the Whole series. Had no idea so many series & games borrowed from it. Persona taking heavily from it was a surprise.

  2. #27
    One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    6,019
    This will be awesome. I'll be watching in a few hours.

  3. #28
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    The endings are like a rip off Charmed

    Where the girls go to their nightclub and the show can display a hip group perform music.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  4. #29
    One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    6,019
    I had no problem with the ending or the music (band). It was the first time the show actually felt like the Twin Peaks high school love interest between James and Laura/Donna.

    I loved the first episode. It was very surreal and convoluted and almost lost me a few times as it was just so packed with mind-fuckery, but it was just the ingredients for the cake bake being thrown in the mixing bowl. This series is going to deliver.

    EW, don't get triggered by something so trivial. You want to love the show, so love it!

    Spoiler:
    and little Grace from the Nanny's side-boob and firm ass was pretty forbidden
    Last edited by F4U57; 05-22-2017 at 07:32 AM.

  5. #30
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    I had no problem with the ending or the music (band). It was the first time the show actually felt like the Twin Peaks high school love interest between James and Laura/Donna.

    I loved the first episode. It was very surreal and convoluted and almost lost me a few times as it was just so packed with mind-fuckery, but it was just the ingredients for the cake bake being thrown in the mixing bowl. This series is going to deliver.

    EW, don't get triggered by something so trivial. You want to love the show, so love it!

    Spoiler:
    and little Grace from the Nanny's side-boob and firm ass was pretty forbidden
    How many episodes have you watched? Each episode has a different band. First was the Chromatics (which was perfectly fine), then it was, faggy music without faces, then ugly fags, then shit that you just hit back button and not waste your time listening to.

    And like, the entire Wally Brando scene will make you want to shiv David Lynch in the face.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  6. #31
    This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,084
    I liked the 2 episodes. It was like catching up with old friends and picking up where things were left. Look forward to seeing all of the old characters that are back.

    That Tracey girl is HAF.

  7. #32
    One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    How many episodes have you watched? Each episode has a different band. First was the Chromatics (which was perfectly fine), then it was, faggy music without faces, then ugly fags, then shit that you just hit back button and not waste your time listening to.

    And like, the entire Wally Brando scene will make you want to shiv David Lynch in the face.
    I've only watched the first episode. I didn't realise it's a thing for every episode. I can see how that could grate on the viewer. Hmmm, I guess I'll find out soon.

    That is a real shame, The Chromatics song was perfect for that final scene and despite it being a couple of years old it seems the internet is blowing up about it and nearly every review comes from the same perspective - that song felt like Twin Peaks.
    Last edited by F4U57; 05-22-2017 at 05:07 PM.

  8. #33
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by F4U57 View Post
    I've only watched the first episode. I didn't realise it's a thing for every episode. I can see how that could grate on the viewer. Hmmm, I guess I'll find out soon.

    That is a real shame, The Chromatics song was perfect for that final scene and despite it being a couple of years old it seems the internet is blowing up about it and nearly every review comes from the same perspective - that song felt like Twin Peaks.
    If you have seen Charmed you will know exactly where they are taking inspiration from.

    The Chromatics song seemed inspired by the song from the original. I did get a kick out of seeing Jacques Renault at the bar, slack jawed.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  9. #34
    Actual Musician
    Tung Fu ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    How many episodes have you watched? Each episode has a different band. First was the Chromatics (which was perfectly fine), then it was, faggy music without faces, then ugly fags, then shit that you just hit back button and not waste your time listening to.

    And like, the entire Wally Brando scene will make you want to shiv David Lynch in the face.
    I suppose I've only seen the first two parts so far, so not really sure how bad the other bands are. But they had a few bands perform in the original, so not sure how they "ripped off" Charmed when TP was doing this before Charmed started.

    I'm tempted to stream the next two episodes, but I think I might hold out for a bit. Definitely going to re-watch the first two.

    From the little bit I've seen so far, I like it. It still feels like the original but much darker and eerie like more of his other movies and shorts.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

  10. #35
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Tung Fu ru View Post
    I suppose I've only seen the first two parts so far, so not really sure how bad the other bands are. But they had a few bands perform in the original, so not sure how they "ripped off" Charmed when TP was doing this before Charmed started.

    I'm tempted to stream the next two episodes, but I think I might hold out for a bit. Definitely going to re-watch the first two.

    From the little bit I've seen so far, I like it. It still feels like the original but much darker and eerie like more of his other movies and shorts.
    In the original TP, the bands at the bar were more organic to the show.

    Anyhow, check out the ends of eps 3 and 4.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  11. #36
    Chin's Bartender
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    In the original TP, the bands at the bar were more organic to the show.

    Anyhow, check out the ends of eps 3 and 4.
    Julee Cruz was a huge part of the original series, but the endings of season 3 don't bother me in the least.

    No love for Mr. Jackpots???

  12. #37
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    Julee Cruz was a huge part of the original series, but the endings of season 3 don't bother me in the least.

    No love for Mr. Jackpots???
    It's a bit early to tell where they are going with the Mr. Jackpots story. It seems like bad writing at the moment.

    The black lodge escape was cool though, in an Eraserhead kind of way. Episode 1 was great, episode 2 ok, but then 3 and 4 fell off steep.

    Here's the real problem, and this goes back to the Covenant thread - Twin Peaks wasn't about a bunch of easter eggs. But Twin Peaks Return is just a bunch of easter eggs and no quality writing beyond that. It feels mostly dialed in.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  13. #38
    Chin's Bartender
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    It's a bit early to tell where they are going with the Mr. Jackpots story. It seems like bad writing at the moment.

    The black lodge escape was cool though, in an Eraserhead kind of way. Episode 1 was great, episode 2 ok, but then 3 and 4 fell off steep.

    Here's the real problem, and this goes back to the Covenant thread - Twin Peaks wasn't about a bunch of easter eggs. But Twin Peaks Return is just a bunch of easter eggs and no quality writing beyond that. It feels mostly dialed in.
    I guess for me the writing hits home as what I expected

    Watching Cooper just saying "hellllloooo" as he pulls the handle at the slot machines was great. The whole Mr. Jackpot / Dougie part had me laughing pretty good though.

    The Gordon / David Ducovney stuff felt the closest to the original dialogue style though for sure.

    I'm sill 100% on board, if only to know why Jacoby is painting those damn shovels gold

  14. #39
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    I guess for me the writing hits home as what I expected

    Watching Cooper just saying "hellllloooo" as he pulls the handle at the slot machines was great. The whole Mr. Jackpot / Dougie part had me laughing pretty good though.

    The Gordon / David Ducovney stuff felt the closest to the original dialogue style though for sure.

    I'm sill 100% on board, if only to know why Jacoby is painting those damn shovels gold
    Yeah, those aspects are what's good.

    But don't just let them get away with Michael Ceraping the story.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  15. #40
    Actual Musician
    Tung Fu ru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    CA Bay Area...I know it's spelled Tung Fu Rue, but I shortened it
    Posts
    3,224
    So.... I've re-watched the 2-part premier and feel like I have a better understanding of what's going on. Also, I've searched the internet to see some other people's thoughts as well. Here are some opinions, theories, and questions:

    (I have NOT seen the next two episodes, so if these questions or theories are addressed there, please don't tell me. I'll wait until Sunday to watch them):

    Spoiler:
    -Seems a lot of people on the internet believe that Dale's doppelganger (I'll just refer to him as DD from here on out to make things easier) is possessed by Bob.... Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. In the last episode of season two, you see both Bob and DD next to each other and laughing like crazy people. Granted the final scene of the episode you see DD smash his head into the bathroom mirror and see Bob's reflection. But I just assumed that was Bob looking back at DD, not Bob looking back at himself. I don't really see a point in Bob possessing someone who is already evil. I'm sure DD wants to kill anyways, so no need to make him. I guess I'll find out for sure later on.

    -I wonder what the significance of the numbers 430 (number the Giant told Dale to remember at the begining of the episode) and 253 is(told to Dale by the Arm)? Time of day? Apartment or hotel room numbers maybe?

    -Was the white figure that appeared in the glass box the Arm's doppelganger? Laura's doppelganger? Some other demonic being after Dale because he wasn't supposed to get out of the Lodge yet?

    -Going back to Dale leaving the Black Lodge: How was he able to leave when DD is still out in the real world? Did DD send someone else in his place to trick Mike and the Arm, or whomever is in charge of the Lodge?

    -Why did Laura take off her face? Also, did she die/ possibly go to heaven/hell maybe after whispering to Dale? Or did she wind up back in the real world?

    -Did anyone else notice when DD shot Phyllis Hastings it looked as though a blue blur was exiting her body? Was she possibly possessed by Bob? If so, was it her/Bob framing her husband with the murder? Or was her husband possibly possessed by Bob?

    -I noticed many people complain about the "CGI" in the show..... Maybe I'm wrong here, but doesn't Lynch prefer film and video effects to digital ones?

    -What's the significance of the black ghost like person in the jail cell a few cells over from Hastings? Demon from the Lodge? (definitely reminded me of the homeless guy in MD)

    -Is there a connection to the Log Lady's log, the Arm (who is now a tree), the entrance to the Black Lodge (surrounded by sycamore trees), and possibly even the douglas fir trees in Twin Peaks?


    I know I have other questions and opinions, but that's all that come to mind at the moment....
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3430&dateline=1368194  997

  16. #41
    Baseball Star Hitter
    MattBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,269
    I'm loving it so far. I don't understand the big deal about Michael Cera. His scene seemed off at first, but by the end of it I was laughing.

  17. #42
    Chin's Bartender
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    I'm loving it so far. I don't understand the big deal about Michael Cera. His scene seemed off at first, but by the end of it I was laughing.
    Agreed. Part of Twin Peaks are these semi-absurd asides that don't really move the storyline forward but do a lot to build the lore of the town itself.

    Or who knows. Maybe that scene will end up being important? But I was laughing pretty hard by the end

  18. #43
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    15,964
    I really hate wally brando.

    I'm hoping he's not going to be in more than a handful of episodes


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  19. #44
    Mai's Stalker
    SNKNostalgia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Posts
    1,921
    All you muthfuckas trying to make some sort of sense to a David Lynch show.... lol, continue!!!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpG7C4vHZQ
    Last edited by SNKNostalgia; 05-27-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!


  20. #45
    This is the hand that launched a thousand batches. 90s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,084
    I'm liking the stuff with Cooper(s) and the FBI agents. I specially enjoyed Cooper in the casino and when the agents went to the prison for the interview. The other characters are a bit off for me right now, specially Wally Brando and his parents (and I liked Andy in the original Twin Peaks). That scene where Bobby got emotional didn't work for me. Overall, still enjoying the show. And holy crap are there a lot of hot chicks.

  21. #46
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods
    Posts
    15,964
    Bobby getting emotional was poorly acted.

    I can fake cry better than that. It would have been more believable if he had sort of silently gone into a trance and teared up, not responding to people asking him if he's ok.

    The dry heaving? No one cries like that.


    What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

  22. #47
    Another Striker
    thermaltreasure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    318
    Really enjoyed the casino scene helloooooo. Went in kind of hoping Lynch being given free reign to do what he wants would yield some absolute nightmare fuel and annoy all the twee fans who loved the originals. Some gorgeous girls in this show, he sure knows how to pick them.

  23. #48
    Chin's Bartender
    awbacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CHicago
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Bobby getting emotional was poorly acted.

    I can fake cry better than that. It would have been more believable if he had sort of silently gone into a trance and teared up, not responding to people asking him if he's ok.

    The dry heaving? No one cries like that.
    I got the distinct impression was that this was intentional cheese...a callback to the 90's style prime time soap opera that was Twin Peaks (in parts)

    When the music gets loud and he starts to break down seemed like intentionally parody and referential vs bad acting

  24. #49
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst
    Posts
    11,061
    Is it just me or does EG remind you of Leo Johnson? Lived by a lake, of course, among other things.




    !!

  25. #50
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге
    Posts
    52,204
    Spoiler




    When Jefferies tells Dopplecoop that he will be with BOB soon, it got me thinking that Jefferies's entire plan was to have both BOB and MIKE's powers inside him, essentially rejoining the evil spirits that caused so much destruction before Twin Peaks started.

    So who is JUDY?

    Probably the spirit from the Black Lodge that Jefferies is hosting. It could be the creature from the second episode that was in NY.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •