Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Twin Peaks Season 3. Official War Room discussion thread

King's Dry Cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    "One voice chants between two worlds,
    fire walk with me"

There are two worlds going on. One scene to think about was when Mr. C goes to the forest and finds his way into the Mauve Room, and the Fireman changes his destination from Laura Palmer's house (708) to the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department. Was house 708 in that image the Palmer residence, or the home that was owned by the Tremonds? Also remember that the picture that Laura hung in her room was given to her by the Tremonds. So that house serves as a kind of inflection point between two worlds.

So in short, there are two worlds to fix, and in order to completely fix our reality, he needed to find Laura's spirit in the reflection world, and wake it and end the dream.
    Yep,
    I suspect that Judy is the small creature that flew into that little girls mouth in the 1950s, with that little girl being Sarah Palmer.

Chin's Bartender
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    "One voice chants between two worlds,
    fire walk with me"

There are two worlds going on. One scene to think about was when Mr. C goes to the forest and finds his way into the Mauve Room, and the Fireman changes his destination from Laura Palmer's house (708) to the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department. Was house 708 in that image the Palmer residence, or the home that was owned by the Tremonds? Also remember that the picture that Laura hung in her room was given to her by the Tremonds. So that house serves as a kind of inflection point between two worlds.

So in short, there are two worlds to fix, and in order to completely fix our reality, he needed to find Laura's spirit in the reflection world, and wake it and end the dream.
    I think there are more than two worlds / realities. At least three (Laura dies / Laura lives but doesn't exist / laura isn't laura and the Palmers don't exist at 708.

Add three for white / black lodges and mauve zone

Saving laura didn't stop Judy, as she existed well before laura. That was coopers mistake and Jeffries mistake as well...jumping time and place not knowing where it all started

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Man, this ending...glad it's getting all of us talking. Really liking that there's so many theories out there!
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Baseball Star Hitter
    I read nothing before the series, because I hate spoilers, so I was expecting Harry to show up when Coop got back to Twin Peaks. I'm really disappointed about that not happening. Other than that, I really enjoyed episode 17, but am still processing episode 18. It was a very David Lynch ending, so I don't know why I expected something different. The last episode definitely had a Mullholland Drive feel to it.

Chin's Bartender
    my take in summary is coopers fight isn't over. He may have kept Laura from being murdered but he hasn't stopped Mother / Judy. Jeffries couldn't manage to find her while hopping realities and ended up as a teakettle bell.

Clearly Cooper lost something of himself when he went past 430 miles.

In his note to Gordon he said the time was 2:53, which adds up to 10, the number of completion.

Jeffries room at the motor lodge is 8. Cooper and Diane check into room 7 in episode 18. It's like cooper is still 2 "levels / realities" away from the number of completion...10

He's close but he isn't there yet. He may never be there

King's Dry Cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post

Especially if Showtime doesn't pick it up for season 4

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Especially if Showtime doesn't pick it up for season 4
    I am not sure if Lynch wants a season 4. As one painter to another, I see Lynch's work as a reinterpretation of a similar prior work, and for lynch this was theme of One Saliva Bubble, Lost Highway, Mulholland Dr, and Inland Empire - of consciousness, existence, and ultimately, transcendentalism. I think he nailed it finally.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

I just binged the entirety of Twin Peaks for the first time this month. Finished S3 a few minutes ago.

No way this gets a Season 4. They let Lynch do what he wanted, and he skewed way to the artsy side. From what I gather, this was all that was planned.
    This kind of television doesn't exist anymore.

It really is a shame about the Sheriff. While he was a terrible actor, I really grew to like his character. All interviews seem to suggest he was on board until the last minute. Money? Old and Tired?

wtf Michael Cera. It seemed like he was ready to bust out laughing for that entire scene.

I was lost, figured it out, then lost, then I had a clue, then lost everything....

I get the impression he used older special effects to make it more seamless with the original. I think that worked well.

I wasn't to keen on the music at some places, but overall I was quite intrigued. I typically watched all the way through the final credits as there were all sorts of little scenes at the roadhouse. None of it made sense, but it still made me watch. I'll probably pick up the original soundtrack on vinyl, but let the new season simmer for awhile.

I have no guesses and no understanding of the last episode. Maybe it needs to simmer for awhile, but I'm clueless.

So now I'm left sitting here....Im not sure if this was deep and thought provoking or some college art project.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post
    I just binged the entirety of Twin Peaks for the first time this month. Finished S3 a few minutes ago.

No way this gets a Season 4.
    Completely agree.

I'm proud of you for sticking it out. Twin Peaks is not for everyone.

The only thing that could have made it better is having to had wait for a decade or two to experience the third season.

I hung on every word, every moment like it was cracking the book of revelations or something.

I pirated every episode, but I'll but the collectors edition whatever the fuck when it comes out.

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

King's Dry Cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSneth View Post

No way this gets a Season 4. They let Lynch do what he wanted, and he skewed way to the artsy side. From what I gather, this was all that was planned.
    This kind of television doesn't exist anymore.
    Yep, and it was miraculous.

wtf Michael Cera. It seemed like he was ready to bust out laughing for that entire scene.
    They must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

I have no guesses and no understanding of the last episode. Maybe it needs to simmer for awhile, but I'm clueless.

So now I'm left sitting here....Im not sure if this was deep and thought provoking or some college art project.
    He left a whole lot of hints to assemble the story. I know Mark Frost is publishing another book that may give even more detail. Some things are left unexplained, some story elements are left to assemble yourself.

Chin's Bartender
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Completely agree.

I'm proud of you for sticking it out. Twin Peaks is not for everyone.

The only thing that could have made it better is having to had wait for a decade or two to experience the third season.

I hung on every word, every moment like it was cracking the book of revelations or something.

I pirated every episode, but I'll but the collectors edition whatever the fuck when it comes out.
    I watched Season 1 and 2 on reruns in like 1994, and I watch them in their entirety once a year since then. The fact we got 18 more episodes 26 years after the Season 2 cliffhanger is crazy. I've already watched half of season 3 over again, and I can't imagine stopping.

Getting through the original 2 seasons was a slog. I've been working from home the past few weeks which made it possible. Actively watching is exhausting. The long conversations that go no where are absolutely amazing.

I guess I'll have to rewatch the last two episodes again. It's starting to congeal in my brain right now, but I'm not quite ready to take a stab at it.

It is a shame that Coop was essentially a robot until episode 16. It was rather humorous how everything happened around him, but it sucks he's only there at the end.

Steam: SnethSS
    XBL:Sneth
    PSN:Sneth
    3DSxl: 1907-7977-5467
    Switch

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Bye Coop... You're Richard now.

Quote Originally Posted by awbacon View Post
    my take in summary is coopers fight isn't over. He may have kept Laura from being murdered but he hasn't stopped Mother / Judy. Jeffries couldn't manage to find her while hopping realities and ended up as a teakettle bell.

Clearly Cooper lost something of himself when he went past 430 miles.

In his note to Gordon he said the time was 2:53, which adds up to 10, the number of completion.

Jeffries room at the motor lodge is 8. Cooper and Diane check into room 7 in episode 18. It's like cooper is still 2 "levels / realities" away from the number of completion...10

I like this a lot because 18 is one short of completion then. There is a missing episode.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Omfg watch this. It's madatory.

https://youtu.be/l8ZRHjC5wGI

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    Omfg watch this. It's madatory.

https://youtu.be/l8ZRHjC5wGI

search for David Lynch commercials on Youtube
    then search for Twin Peaks missing pieces.
    then look for Twin peaks all episodes sync

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    Not sure if anyone will enjoy this theory for Twin Peaks, but I thought it was great since it point out details about Gordon and Albert that I think makes sense...

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/c...rt_conspiracy/
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Saw that showtime is having a sale on twin peaks stuff
    Thought this would be good for Poppy

http://store.sho.com/twin-peaks-jerr...npeaks_apparel

Promo code: cherry

Lol

One more year...
    Please God... just
    One more year...
    Holy Mountain Printing have a new TP shirt

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.
    Officially No.10 at Schmups.
    DIG it Brethren!
    Log Lady doc just went gold or w/e the greenlight kickstarter term is for reaching its goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e-the-log-lady

+20 hours for those interested.

Thread Information