Neo geo MV-1FZS acting weird

escarioth

n00b
Hi, i found an old MVS board last year.
guy didnt know if it would work or not. But i decided to keep it until i could get a cab.

Now i finally have a working cab and decided to try my luck with it. I supose the capacitor will have to be changed since i cant hear anything else then a very high pitch.

but for the video part...im a bit out of ideas.

here are the pictures. i have a 138-in-1 cart here that a friend lend for test. After power it on, the picture show itself. wich is a great start. but when choosing a game. any game. this happens. some green flickering screen.

anyone know what it means ?
thx

Jarryson

New Challenger
You can start cleaning the board with some product, and clean slot too. Then try again.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Looks like it might be working to me. Have you tried a real game cart?

Last edited:

Ray

New Challenger
My 161-in-1 showed similar symptoms when I used a power supply that was too weak, but legitimate games worked perfectly fine. Apparently multicarts draw more power. It could be something else entirely in your case though. If you can, try testing a legitimate game.

escarioth

n00b
ok then. ill call a friend to come here tomorrow with real Neo geo carts.

Thx for taking time to answer :)
ill update the results.

escarioth

n00b
Nope.
it did the exact same thing approximately.
except that it was more on the grey color instead of green.
or it was plainly just showing nothing.

guess its busted. i even saw some corrosion starting to show on the left side around the chips.
*sigh* maybe i should just buy a new working one instead.

sunder

n00b
I wouldn't give up with that just yet. If it's corrosion you'll probably just need to clean up the mess and reflow the solder points there.