Fidget Spinners: What's they hype all about?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
What are the Fidget Spinner things all about? I stumbled across a youtube video the other day, and now today I noticed 4 facebook posts about them. Maybe I'm late to the game.

I admit they look cool, and like something that might keep me occupied at work on my breaks. Maybe even relaxing in some way. Plus they're cheap.

I'm guessing these will end up being the Pogs of the 2010's.

Does anyone own one? Thoughts?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Showed up at my school three weeks ago. Shit is gay af.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
They are everywhere - it's horrible.

My son (6th grade) teacher sent a note last week.

"Hey parents,

These fidget spinners sure are great, aren't they? Well, as great as they are, please let your child know the next one I see in class will be mine until the end of the year.

Mr. Neilsen."

Kudos to him.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've been reading articles about how they're distracting in classrooms.

The guy in that video looks like a middle-aged hipster fagit.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I've been reading articles about them here about how they're distracting in classrooms.

The guy in that video looks like a middle-aged hipster fagit.

Yeah. That guys always wearing a beanie. Its fucking April in that video!

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I just saw some article about them last week and had to look up what they do. Suddenly there's tons of videos on YouTube about them with millions of hits each??? Now I notice every store selling them.

Didn't they already do this with Beyblades and Spinjas?

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I can tell when a youtuber is a faggot when they start off every video with some permutation of "it's your boi <whatever>".

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I only had to type "What is a" into google. "What is a fidget spinner" was the second result.

Back in my day, kids fidgeted with butterfly knives, not plastic ding-dongs.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've asked myself, what is the genesis of such rapidly growing trend which lacks a name brand?

I'm assuming, these aren't patented. They're not advertised (unless you count the youtube videos I've just heard about).

POGS/Spinjas/beyblades etc. were items sold in toy stores.

These are generic pieces of plastic sold at gas stations probably made by 30 different companies. Who were the original brains behind this?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just typical middle class white kids appropriating someone else's culture.

In this case the cultural item is from ADHD kids, since all kids have ADHD now because amphetamines are awesome and you should give them to your kids I guess.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
From a hardware standpoint, I think it's neat, do I wanna play with it? Nah, sounds dumb. I think a YoYo would be cooler, maybe some of that tech could be used for it.

fake

15 Year Member
I just mindlessly practice picking techniques on my guitar while working at my desk...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

I presented my hypotheticals to function as a conversation piece.

I don't give a shit enough to care/know, but I'll click the link.

Can a google search cure you of your deficits in understanding the concept of subjectivity/objectivity?

Who knows!

EDIT: Article was a bore!

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Just typical middle class white kids appropriating someone else's culture.

In this case the cultural item is from ADHD kids, since all kids have ADHD now because amphetamines are awesome and you should give them to your kids I guess.

:keke:

I straight up asked the parent of a skinny 8 year old, who is on two 20mg XR Adderalls and a fucking SLEEPING PILL every night if he'd ever tried Adderall himself? He said no. I told him he should take 1 and then ponder how fucked the fuck up he'd be if he did both.

Fidget spinners. Idk whatever. But they will always be special to me because without them I'd have never seen the Beyblade World Championship 2012.

fake

15 Year Member
Doesn't Adderall affect kids and adults differently? Makes kids do homework and makes adults clean stuff.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
We just literally had a meeting at work about these. "Should these be allowed in the training rooms?" We train adults at a financial institution. Jesus Christ.

Marek

Banned
Doesn't Adderall affect kids and adults differently? Makes kids do homework and makes adults clean stuff.

I think thats got to be bullshit. Its amphetamines. Would they say cocaine and meth effect kids differently too? Probably, if they were selling them to children.

The kid I referenced in the above post seemed cracked out, coupled with the fact they actually had to put him on a sleeping pill too...

fake

15 Year Member
I think thats got to be bullshit. Its amphetamines. Would they say cocaine and meth effect kids differently too? Probably, if they were selling them to children.

The kid I referenced in the above post seemed cracked out, coupled with the fact they actually had to put him on a sleeping pill too...

Serious question: What do college kids (and I guess even some adults) get out of snorting Adderall?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yoyos are better, and modern ones already use the ball bearings that these fidget spinners are built around.

A lot of yoyo stores and manufacturers are jumping on this trend, hard, because yoyos are niche right now.

http://onedropyoyos.com/edc/spinners/

I used to be into all the tricks, pre-teen years, I was decent, anyone remembers the Coca Cola Yoyos from the mid 80's?

I was the kid with the marbles, the cards and the yoyos, always during recess taking all the marbles 'cause I was a fiend! Teachers hated me, lol...good times...