Galaxy Fight 2sec rounds at Mikado!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Wow, talk about a change of gameplay. It's interesting, but it really just turns the game from a test of skill & strategy to chance of luck & gambling. And why Galaxy Fight? There's 50 fighting games to pick from, and of all the games they chose that one?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
And why Galaxy Fight? There's 50 fighting games to pick from, and of all the games they chose that one?

Probably because the game features infinitely scrolling arenas, you cannot corner your opponent.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Probably because the game features infinitely scrolling arenas, you cannot corner your opponent.

Yeah, a feature somehow underestimated during normal mode, makes possible such particular challange! Only on Neo-Geo..!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Interesting. I guess I forgot about that with Galaxy Fight. Back in 1994, my character of choice in Killer Instinct was Spinal. Reasons being, he had the ability to temporarily morph into any character (similar to MK's Shang Tsung) in the middle of a combo, which always threw off my opponents! And, KI allowed the player to choose the stage, with one of its many hidden codes, and an "endless" stage was among them, which would also throw off my opponent, but more importantly, would prevent them from cornering me in the match.

As a result of this "unorthodoxed" strategy, I was literally able to compete with far better players in the game, and even beat the on many occasions. I even won 3rd place in a tournament with this technique; which resulted in several dirty looks from the other participants. Ah, the glory days of arcade fighting games. I miss them.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I caught that video yesterday and it seemed like neo-geo Rock Paper Scissors. You get one move, win lose or draw.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Pretty cool! It's really nice to see a neo geo game mentioned in a kotaku article for something other than its price.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Such a lovely link, thanks massi! Too bad for future GF prices, though... it just took two seconds of renewed attention.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Such a lovely link, thanks massi! Too bad for future GF prices, though... it just took two seconds of renewed attention.

Not on my watch! And not on our site!
Anyone on this site & in the continental USA who wants an MVS Galaxy Fight cartridge, $50 shipped is my price.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
I'm torn - if people are having fun with a 2 second bout, more power to them but imo it seems pretty silly. Why not infinite time and set damage to high? I agree with Supergun that Galaxy Fight is an unusual choice, but it is pretty cool to see it getting any kind of attention!

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
I'll be staying in Takadanobaba during my trip to Japan this month, literally 10 minutes walking distance from Mikado...I didn't realize how close I was until today. Should I film a vid/tour?