SNK Entertainment's New Mascot!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I've always felt Falcoon's art was shit and it showed SNK's loss of taste. Glad to see this hasn't changed

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Were you born in 2000?

Nah. It just felt like a long time ago, I guess. A time when it felt kind of neat to play emulators on my touchscreen phone.

I've since learned the errors of my ways. It's real buttons or GTFO now.

MissFaith

New Challenger
Looks like they are trying to attract younger gamers unfamiliar with SNK perhaps? Not sure a rebranding is needed but if it leads to more games then I see no harm in the long run. Everything goes in cycles and with all the competition out there fresh ideas drive sales.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Something else to remember is this is primarily geared for Japanese audiences and not us.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Something else to remember is this is primarily geared for Japanese audiences and not us.

It literally says I will try and tweet in english. Pretty sure that means english speaking countries.

But I could be wrong....

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
True, but that's the only English tweet. It's pretty clear to me that this is geared towards Japanese audiences.

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm a big fan of anime girl mascots. I've been trying to get the CEO to approve one for our company for a few months now. But hey I'm a weeb so what do I know

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Its def geared towards the current times. I would have preferred on known character though

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You water down a brand when you keep changing the icon that embodies it; imagine if Sega ditched Sonic or Nintendo tossed that Mustached dude? For SNK, first there was G-Mantle (a unique and appropriate character for the time). Then Terry Bogard. Then Kyo Kusanagi. Now Enter-chan? Shit's most definitely weak son. I know times have changed, but what's up with this weak-ass hentai anime art-style that SNK insists on pushing? SNKP created AI and Yuki for NGBC and then did nothing with them. SNK: pick a character and just keep marketing them so people associate your brand with that icon-but, I prefer one of the original ones I mentioned.
Κρόνος knows what's up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
They should stop the nonsense and make Benimaru the mascot so everyone here is happy, right you faggits?!

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I read my way to the end of the thread, and all I remember about this insert-girl is that she was blue and probably wore glasses.

Piss weak japanese isolationist design like this heralds the eventual death of snk-e.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I read my way to the end of the thread, and all I remember about this insert-girl is that she was blue and probably wore glasses.

Piss weak japanese isolationist design like this heralds the eventual death of snk-e.

Kazoo Kid for SNK mascot 2017

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
"The future is now" = "Everything stays the same" = G-Mantle

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
... G-Mantle

^^ If you had to have a mascot why not pick this up and lean into the wacky heritage side of things.

enter_girl; got nothing to do with nothing - some genericised-homogenised-weeb-doll? ... Maybe intended for younger kids / new audience? ... Not for me...

Kind of at odds with their otherwise fairly astute recent moves over branding/advertising/representation...