NBA playoffs

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The Kevin Love Flagrant was a Joke. They have replay in place so they don't get it wrong and they still get it wrong. If Cavs win the next game things will start to get interesting.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
250 points in the deciding finals game. The NBA is a joke anymore. This league needs rule changes to instill some defense.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The world has changed a lot. I see the kids today and they aren't into sports as much as games. Hopefully the NBA flatlines in our lifetimes.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Damn, I forgot the game was on last night. Was watching Prom Night instead lol.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im still waiting for the Sonics to come back to Seattle...Glad Durant got it though, him Collison & Green are the only Sonics left.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm not happy for Kevin Durant. Sorry, but he didn't earn shit. He didn't do anything wrong, but he also sure as hell took BY FAR the easiest route to a title of any superstar in any of the major sports.

He also tends to come off like an asshole much of the time, though I guess that's better than a few years ago when he was so goddamned fake and image-conscious.

The NBA sucks.

edit: LeBron is so going to the Lakers or the Clippers in a year. Which will also be gay.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
NBA should return. Seattle is now full of fagit tech yuppies who would gladly toss $100 at a Sonics ticket. Not that they give a shit about basketball, just something 'cool' to update their social media with.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I very highly doubt Lebron would leave the Cavs again, let alone go to LA.

These playoffs and Finals were the worst I've seen in as long as I can remember. Fuck KD. Fuck super teams. Fuck the next three or so Finals likely being Golden State vs Cavs again.

Only good thing to come out of this was Nash got a ring for being a Warriors consultant.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I'm not happy for Kevin Durant. Sorry, but he didn't earn shit. He didn't do anything wrong, but he also sure as hell took BY FAR the easiest route to a title of any superstar in any of the major sports.

He also tends to come off like an asshole much of the time, though I guess that's better than a few years ago when he was so goddamned fake and image-conscious.

The NBA sucks.

edit: LeBron is so going to the Lakers or the Clippers in a year. Which will also be gay.

Are you serious? Durant was the difference maker, if Warriors didn't have Durant, Clevland would probably hoisting the trophy right now.

Game 1 Durant 38 points
Game 2 Durant 33 points
Game 3 Durant 31 points
Game 4 Durant 35 points
Game 5 Durant 39 points

He was the finals MVP. He earned it.

NBA should return. Seattle is now full of fagit tech yuppies who would gladly toss $100 at a Sonics ticket. Not that they give a shit about basketball, just something 'cool' to update their social media with.

Attendance was never the issue, the problem was lease to the city & the arena didn't have enough luxury seating to make money. That's why it was sold & that's why the city doesn't want the Sonics at SODO but in the Key Arena so they can continue to rape them like they did back in the day.

Hansen SODO makes perfect sense for everyone except for the Port of Seattle & City council pockets.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member

The NBA sucks.

He certainly earned the right to sign with whomever he pleased.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
He certainly earned the right to sign with whomever he pleased.

Yeah, I know he did. Ultimately I know full well that the league is to blame by having a really dumb combination of salary cap and salary rules.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
If you want to see real old school badass basketball, then watch the Lakers-Celtics 30 for 30 on ESPN tonight.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member

I'm looking forward to them ruining our future hockey franchise.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm looking forward to them ruining our future hockey franchise.

Capitals hockey tix in the regular season start around $80-$100.

I miss the days when the Caps were just starting to get good, and i could watch their games at the stadium, in great seats. Today 200 level seats run around $200. Now i can't justify it for myself. I watch at home.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I've fallen in/out/in/out of love with pro sports over the years.

In the 80's, it was MLB, I loved the game. It always seems like a bunch of good old boys just playing ball. The 90's ruined it, they became spoiled superstars, I also got sick of the Yankees. The past 5 or so years, I've been back into MLB again, it's fun to watch now.

The 1990's NBA was the shit, and it's not because I am a Bulls fan. The cast of characters in the league were superb and I found myself will to watch darn near any team play. Come the 2000's, the game just changed. I've tried to watch it over the years but the game is just shit compared to what it used to be. Three years in a row of the two same teams playing in the finals is also boring (yes, it became numbing watching the Bulls do it over and over in the 90's as well).

The NFL? Hmm...yeah, it's product is now shit as well. 1980's/1990's NFL was good to watch, post 2000 and the game has eroded to the point where the product is just terrible.

Long story short...just like I do every year, I tried to watch the finals...and I just couldn't get into it.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Nothing will ever beat the 90's when it comes to NBA basketball. The stellar players, the stronger personalities, and the more rough and tumble play were way more enjoyable to watch. A far cry from the "blow air on a guy and its a foul" style play these days.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nothing will ever beat the 90's when it comes to NBA basketball. The stellar players, the stronger personalities, and the more rough and tumble play were way more enjoyable to watch. A far cry from the "blow air on a guy and its a foul" style play these days.

Now we have Kevin Durant saying that Kyrie Irving is a better player than Allen Iverson in every category

and I am like "does this fool know what an assist is?"

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I think the 2000s were a glorious time in basketball. The 2004 Detroit Pistons alone showed that it was possible to win a championship without that mega superstar, especially in the fashion they cleaned the Lakers clock. Arguably the best PF ever was in his prime in this era (Tim Duncan) and Steve Nash was absolutely incredible and fun to watch with Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, and Amare Stoudemire. Dwyane Wade single handedly willed that 2006 Miami Heat team to win the Finals.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Capitals hockey tix in the regular season start around $80-$100.

I miss the days when the Caps were just starting to get good, and i could watch their games at the stadium, in great seats. Today 200 level seats run around $200. Now i can't justify it for myself. I watch at home.

My brother shelled out over 300 for two seats mid nosebleed for a Seahawks- Rams game, in which the Seahawks were embarrassed. Hopefully it takes a while for these rich dicks to glom on to an NHL team. And I can enjoy a few hockey games at a reasonable expenditure.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Dwyane Wade single handedly willed that 2006 Miami Heat team to win the Finals.

Well... that and the referees in Game 5. Right up there with 2002 WCF Game 6 as the most poorly officiated games in NBA playoffs history.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Something is starting to annoy me, but I might be alone in this one, tho'. I keep seeing shows and analists saying that Golden State needed 4 All Stars to just beat Lebron. While that's an overtly dramatic narrative, the first thing that popped into my head was "Wait a second... they did that with 3 back in 2015 when LeBron ran out of gas." And in 2016 it took the comeback of the century and both Love and Irving playing lights out to defeat a GS squad with a suspended (for one game, sure) Dreymond and a hurt (by most accounts) Curry. Even if you want to go with "no way he was hurt" (fine by me), that just means that it still took a MASSIVE effort and Love and Irving to play the series of their lifetime to defeat GS. 3 All Stars vs. 3 All Stars.

What I'm trying to say is that the narrative that it took 4 All Stars to beat Lebron is stupid and makes no sense. What I'm saying is that it took GS 4 All Stars to defeat 3 All Stars. And I dunno about you, but that's solid math to me.

(If you want to argue that Love isn't an All Star, I guess that means his 2016 finals run was just a fluke?)