NBA playoffs

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
KD is a mother fucking traitor faggot cunt!

Same shit Lebron did when he left for Miami.
He knew he'd have Dwade, and Bosh.

After making money, some athletes also want a ring.

100proof,
Agree with your post above.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Same shit Lebron did when he left for Miami.
He knew he'd have Dwade, and Bosh.

After making money, some athletes also want a ring.

100proof,
Agree with your post above.

Ring chasing is the underlying problem with the NBA. I imagine in a year or two, John Wall will ask to leave the wizards for the Lakers or some other budding powerhouse. Then I can just give the entire NBA the finger and walk away.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He traveled 30% of his drives.

It's no longer 2 steps, now it's 3 lol. I think some of these NBA players move so fast and referees are so quick to blow the whistle on a foul that they don't even bother calling moving violations. They will call a moving violation on a Center in heart beat.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ring chasing is the underlying problem with the NBA. I imagine in a year or two, John Wall will ask to leave the wizards for the Lakers or some other budding powerhouse. Then I can just give the entire NBA the finger and walk away.

Its a shitty pattern but the only way these guys can get a ring is by joining some powerhouse team. Their isn't any loyalty any more.

Some sports you still see stars sticking to their teams but in Basketball it's crazy how much power the players have.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Its a shitty pattern but the only way these guys can get a ring is by joining some powerhouse team. Their isn't any loyalty any more.

Some sports you still see stars sticking to their teams but in Basketball it's crazy how much power the players have.

The future will be about recognizing good coaches and scouts, and paying for them instead of the players. In a few years, the warriors will blow up due to contracts. I bet around that time Kerr will pull a Phil Jackson and head to the team with the bargaining power. Every aspiring champion should be trying to fix their coaching situation.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There aren't many good coaches out there. Nuggets haven't had one since Doug Moe.

And don't give me that George Karl bullshit, either. He goes out of his way to not develop young talent and the first thing he does wherever he goes is start a huge fight with whomever happens to be his best player.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There aren't many good coaches out there. Nuggets haven't had one since Doug Moe.

And don't give me that George Karl bullshit, either. He goes out of his way to not develop young talent and the first thing he does wherever he goes is start a huge fight with whomever happens to be his best player.

To be fair every coach has problems with Cousins and Anthony. Both are the most selfish players in the current game. Karl should get to coach Irving too so he can claim to have managed all of them.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The future will be about recognizing good coaches and scouts, and paying for them instead of the players. In a few years, the warriors will blow up due to contracts. I bet around that time Kerr will pull a Phil Jackson and head to the team with the bargaining power. Every aspiring champion should be trying to fix their coaching situation.

Coaches are not that important in NBA Basketball. It's really a players game more than just about any team sport.

What you need these days is a good GM, front office and owner with deep pockets who's willing to pay luxury tax to get the players who'll give you a result.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Coaches are not that important in NBA Basketball. It's really a players game more than just about any team sport.

What you need these days is a good GM, front office and owner with deep pockets who's willing to pay luxury tax to get the players who'll give you a result.

I think Gregg Popovich has made his teams work extremely well without a lot of that.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I think Gregg Popovich has made his teams work extremely well without a lot of that.

Exactly, Popovich is a great example. The guy knows how to coach and develop players. The Popovich Spurs mentality is keep your mouth shut, listen, learn, and play hard. Most players under Popovich have bought in to his methods and won. It only works if the players buy in.

Players like Anthony are selfish and the reason why the Knicks never win. No one has the balls to do anything about it.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Exactly, Popovich is a great example. The guy knows how to coach and develop players. The Popovich Spurs mentality is keep your mouth shut, listen, learn, and play hard. Most players under Popovich have bought in to his methods and won. It only works if the players buy in.

Players like Anthony are selfish and the reason why the Knicks never win. No one has the balls to do anything about it.

Pop is probably the last great old school coach in the NBA.

Why would no one have the balls to tell Melo that he's selfish? It's true, he is, but why would no one tell him?

famicommander

15 Year Member
To be fair every coach has problems with Cousins and Anthony. Both are the most selfish players in the current game. Karl should get to coach Irving too so he can claim to have managed all of them.

He also fought with Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Andre Igoudala, Isaiah Thomas, Kenyon Martin...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Great coach but Basketball is still always about that one or two star players on the team. Compare it to different codes of football. Football you need the whole team singing from the same hymn sheet to win, still need great players but a good coach can make a big difference. Basketball isn't really like that, you can look back and see teams that were carried all the way by one or two players so the coach doesn't make as big a difference.

Look at the Warriors, Steve Kerr is missing half the time and they still crush it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Pop is probably the last great old school coach in the NBA.

Why would no one have the balls to tell Melo that he's selfish? It's true, he is, but why would no one tell him?

Because he's getting paid a shit load of money and he's the star. Best thing you could do is trade him.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He also fought with Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Andre Igoudala, Isaiah Thomas, Kenyon Martin...

Over half of those guys had issues.

Like, I loved Kemp's dunks, but the dude had to be suffering major depression to get so large after 30.

Payton had a bad mouth and was cocky.

Isaiah is looking like Bill Cosby of the NBA.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Over half of those guys had issues.

Like, I loved Kemp's dunks, but the dude had to be suffering major depression to get so large after 30.

Payton had a bad mouth and was cocky.

Isaiah is looking like Bill Cosby of the NBA.

Not that Isaiah Thomas, the one Sacramento shipped to Boston.

I've seen more than enough of George Karl to know what he's about. If you went to UNC like he did, you get to show up to practice drunk (Ty Lawson). If not, then he'll call you out in the media for every single mistake you make on and off the court. And if you're a rookie, you just plain don't play.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not that Isaiah Thomas, the one Sacramento shipped to Boston.

I've seen more than enough of George Karl to know what he's about. If you went to UNC like he did, you get to show up to practice drunk (Ty Lawson). If not, then he'll call you out in the media for every single mistake you make on and off the court. And if you're a rookie, you just plain don't play.

I don't really care about Karl. He was there when the nuggets were #2 in the west, and for that he kept getting hired elsewhere. He's kind of like Scott Brooks in that regard.

famicommander

15 Year Member
We only made it out of the first round once while Karl was here, and that was the year Chauncey Billups basically hammered some structure and defense into Karl's free flowing system.

And even still, that team folded up its tent and quit in the fourth quarter of game 6 of the Western Conference Finals that season. They had the Lakers on the ropes, they got punched in the mouth, and they folded. They choked, and then they didn't even bother trying in game 7.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Game 4 is a joke.
Every call is going against Golden State.
Guess they want to extend the series

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
We only made it out of the first round once while Karl was here, and that was the year Chauncey Billups basically hammered some structure and defense into Karl's free flowing system.

And even still, that team folded up its tent and quit in the fourth quarter of game 6 of the Western Conference Finals that season. They had the Lakers on the ropes, they got punched in the mouth, and they folded. They choked, and then they didn't even bother trying in game 7.
The thing I remember the most from that series is when Billups inbounded the ball off Bryant's back for an easy bucket.

Edit: Found it!

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Game 4 is a joke.
Every call is going against Golden State.
Guess they want to extend the series

You mean like when they overlooked Zaza punch and kick Shumpert in the groin, didn't review or call anything on Draymond when he jumped and mauled Tristan Thompson, and called a flagrant foul on Kevin Love just because KD ccomplained about a fairly tame common foul? Oh, and let's not forget the technical foul fiasco that allowed Draymond Green to play the rest of the game and stay further away from suspension. The game was badly called but not for one team over the other - certainly not in the Cavs' favor at least.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You mean like when they overlooked Zaza punch and kick Shumpert in the groin, didn't review or call anything on Draymond when he jumped and mauled Tristan Thompson, and called a flagrant foul on Kevin Love just because KD ccomplained about a fairly tame common foul? Oh, and let's not forget the technical foul fiasco that allowed Draymond Green to play the rest of the game and stay further away from suspension. The game was badly called but not for one team over the other - certainly not in the Cavs' favor at least.

Draymond Green being allowed to stay in games needs a full federal investigation