NBA playoffs

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm convinced that being the interim coach for Golden State is the easiest and best job in the NBA. Luke Walton was deified for the work he did in the role last year, got a head gig out of it (to be fair, he seems like a decent coach).

Mike Brown is either going to be named permanent head coach if Kerr retires (which I think he will, ultimately), or barring Kerr coming back, Brown will get a head job somewhere else. And other than this mini-run with GS, Mike Brown has a pretty bad track record (sucked with the Cavs, sucked with the Lakers). He's still a shitty coach. Anyone who's willing to shut up and get out of the way would win with that Warriors lineup.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Well, the hype was nice while it lasted, I guess.

Warriors in 5?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Well, the hype was nice while it lasted, I guess.

Warriors in 5?

While I learned from last year never to pronounce the best player in the NBA dead, Cleveland can't play D for shit. Durant is just torching them at will. 5 would be my guess as well unless LeBron just turns on God Mode for a couple of games.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's going to take something on the level of a Bogut injury plus Green suspension like last season for the Cavs to even take one game. Cavs are better than they were last year but Durant puts the Warriors in an entirely different league. When the Warriors put their best 5 players on the court, the worst one out there by far is Andre Iguodala, an all-world defender, All-Star, and former Finals MVP.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
While I learned from last year never to pronounce the best player in the NBA dead, Cleveland can't play D for shit. Durant is just torching them at will. 5 would be my guess as well unless LeBron just turns on God Mode for a couple of games.

He's already in God mode. Only way for them to win is for rest of their starters to step up big time. They're not playing bad, it's just the Warriors are a step above.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
He's already in God mode. Only way for them to win is for rest of their starters to step up big time. They're not playing bad, it's just the Warriors are a step above.

That's what I saw too, Lebron had a triple-double in the 3rd quarter in Game 2. Only he and Love were doing any kind of scoring for much of the game, the rest of the team (Irving) must step up. Otherwise, this will end very quickly.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Most boring playoffs in any major sport that I've ever seen.

Gonna be nice in a couple years when the Warriors finally have to pay major luxury taxes or (far more likely) let some of their talent walk. It's not their fault that the NBA has laughably stupid contract and cap rules, but it sure makes for a massive lack of parity.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Most boring playoffs in any major sport that I've ever seen.

Gonna be nice in a couple years when the Warriors finally have to pay major luxury taxes or (far more likely) let some of their talent walk. It's not their fault that the NBA has laughably stupid contract and cap rules, but it sure makes for a massive lack of parity.

I quit watching when the wizards were knocked out by the referees.

100proof

10 Year Member
I quit watching when the wizards were knocked out by the referees.

Word. But also because a 7 ft. retard suddenly became Stephen Curry for like a quarter and a half in Game 7.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
That's what I saw too, Lebron had a triple-double in the 3rd quarter in Game 2. Only he and Love were doing any kind of scoring for much of the game, the rest of the team (Irving) must step up. Otherwise, this will end very quickly.

And now they're saying Irving has an injury in one of his knees. Only time will tell if this is some weird attempt at damage control or not.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
And now they're saying Irving has an injury in one of his knees. Only time will tell if this is some weird attempt at damage control or not.

At least they wont be losing a point guard.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Thats a heart breaker for the cavs, nice to see the dubs never give up. I think they scored the last 11 points? It just sucked the life out of the cavs when the warriors re-took the lead.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Thats a heart breaker for the cavs, nice to see the dubs never give up. I think they scored the last 11 points? It just sucked the life out of the cavs when the warriors re-took the lead.

Yes sir, the last 11 points.
I thought GS had given the game away in the 3rd quarter, but they came back to win the game.

Losing a game like that must really bring a team down.

KD is MVP of the series.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Irving looked pretty good last night.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
For me, this has unquestionably been the most boring playoffs I have ever witness in my 24 years as a basketball fan.

Superteams are going to kill this league. They're getting huge ratings right now, but those won't last if every post season is basically a formality for the super teams to make the Finals.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
KD is a mother fucking traitor faggot cunt!

True, but the Traitor Faggot Cunt is super close to getting a Championship. Plus, I don't think he liked being 2nd fiddle to Westbrook. He doesn't mind being 2nd Fiddle in GS if that means winning a Championship.

This Warriors team is alot of fun to watch, I think Klay Thompson is such a wonderful player. Probably my favorite player in the NBA along with Kyrie Irving. Klay isn't flashy, just plays fundamental basketball and makes it look so easy.

100proof

10 Year Member
Superteams are going to kill this league. They're getting huge ratings right now, but those won't last if every post season is basically a formality for the super teams to make the Finals.

The NBA has always been a league of dynasties and super teams. Least parity of any major professional sport for 50+ years. Look at a list of title winners over the years and you'll see three things: the Celtics, the Lakers and teams who picked all-time greats in the draft (except for that weird time in the 70s when everybody was coked up).

Only difference is now instead of old players chasing rings it's guys in their prime who are willing to sacrifice money and solo glory to win championships. We bitched and moaned for 15-20 years that players were all primadonnas who just wanted to hog the ball and make a shitload of money but then when players started deciding to swallow their pride, make less money and play team ball (and make no mistake, the Warriors and Cavs both play incredible team basketball), we bitch and moan about that too.

As the fan of a team that will never be a destination for free agents, I get it... but basketball is always at its most popular when there's 1 or 2 teams dominating the sport (see the 80s, 90s and now).