NBA playoffs

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Wow this is not the Spurs I've come to know. The Rockets and Spurs are playing the worst overtime I have ever seen. Had to go to the 4th minute to score the first basket.

The Spurs you've come to know are getting old. Its hard to replace Duncan and young Parker and Ginobli . They will beat the Rockets and hopefully at least give the Warriors a challenge.

Fuck most GS fans bunch of bandwagoners ask them about Run TMC and they look confused.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow this is not the Spurs I've come to know. The Rockets and Spurs are playing the worst overtime I have ever seen. Had to go to the 4th minute to score the first basket.

That last fucking block from the back, tho'. It was a thing of beauty. Anyone has the gif?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
When the Celtics add Markelle Fultz and Gordon Hayward this offseason and then a top-3 pick in 2018 (trades with the Nets are the gift that keeps on giving) they're gonna be legit scary.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
When the Celtics add Markelle Fultz and Gordon Hayward this offseason and then a top-3 pick in 2018 (trades with the Nets are the gift that keeps on giving) they're gonna be legit scary.

Agree, they need another go to guy besides IT.

theMot

10 Year Member
We need to keep Thomas. Dude KNOWS his worth - I hope he doesn't ask for an ungodly amount of money to stay.

He's good but they really need someone better than him, he just too bloody small to be effective in the playoffs. it's a shame they didn't snag KD last year that would have been good to see.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
He's good but they really need someone better than him, he just too bloody small to be effective in the playoffs. it's a shame they didn't snag KD last year that would have been good to see.

IT is a poor man's Allen Iverson. Would be amazing as an off-the-bench heat check kinda player but if he remains the main focus of Boston's offense and they pay him the max, they're doomed to be LeBron's bitch for the next 5 years. He's more or less useless on defense (the Wizards took turns scoring on him in the post after game 2) and he's not a particularly good point guard (passing/floor vision/etc.). He can just shoot the lights out when he gets hot.

If they were smart, they'd trade him now while he has great value and get assets to surround Fultz with cuz right now their team is like IT and a bunch of good role-players.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
As a Celtics fan, I would trade IT in a heartbeat for someone bigger but doesn't score as much. IT has heart but not size. Now that the team has #1 pick and can draft Fultz, it makes even more sense to trade IT next year.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Best sports pic I've seen in a while, holy shit.

edit: video of the same play is here a little ways down.

edit again: Sounds like the thought is that Jaylen Brown is the likely trade chip if the C's move someone. I guess that would make for at least an outside possibility of getting a core 4 of IT, Hayward, Fultz, and either Paul George or Jimmy Butler. That's bonkers. Oh yeah they'd still have Horford too. Small as hell but that's a crazy starting five.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Jaylen was the only bright spot on Wednesday. I would keep him for the rookie contract and see if he develops into an Avery Bradley replacement (since he will most likely gone from FA). I was impressed with Hayward in the playoffs, not so much with Butler. Sign Hayward, draft Fultz, and maybe package Olynyk, Bradley, Crowder and next year's draft pick (Brooklyn's pick like this year) for someone stupid enough to do the deal (Butler/George).

theMot

10 Year Member
Celtics :lolz:

What's the fine for forfeiting a series? Celtics should consider it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Celtics losing IT should just play the bench now. Give their other players value moving into the off season.

The past few years have seen a lot of playoff time bounty hunting. From Olynyk trying to rip off Kevin Love's arm last year, and Green trying to kick him in the nuts, or the Hawks trying to slap John Wall's fractured left hand, and this year the warriors dude taking out Kawhi Leonard, and the Celtics seeing IT sidelined.

It's becoming a thing.

theMot

10 Year Member
Celtics losing IT should just play the bench now. Give their other players value moving into the off season.

Or...they could try and win!

Geezzz Lebron was awful, worst I have ever seem him play in a playoff game. It's like he was scared to drive to the cup because someone was going to take him out. Credit to the Celtics, good fight back.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
it would be so fucking funny if the cavs choked to a thomas-less boston team

not gonna happen, but i would laugh my ass off

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
it would be so fucking funny if the cavs choked to a thomas-less boston team

not gonna happen, but i would laugh my ass off

For me, the most important thing is that the smug-faced Warriors get bounced. I only see the Cavs pulling that off.

Kevin Durant should never win a title. He's a fraud.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
LeBron is still the most insufferable.

He refers to himself as King James, and even tattooed it on his fucking neck. That's like a layered burrito of self absorbed cock jockery.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
LeBron is still the most insufferable.

He refers to himself as King James, and even tattooed it on his fucking neck. That's like a layered burrito of self absorbed cock jockery.

it's not like he knows how to read any of the shit people have tattooed on him.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The whole league is full of divas and themselves, with only the Spurs the lone exception.