MV2F composite color glitch

f0rm0za

n00b
Hello!
Friends please tell me how to solve video problem with composite output on my MV2F arcade machine.
When I connect NG MV2F to TV with a composite signal, I get strong color noise. Colors shimmer, curl in color spirals.
I tried to output a composite signal with two encoders:

1) Neobitz-S encoder (rgbs> composite / svideo)
2) NedoPC rgb video coder rev. C3 (rgbs> composite / svideo)
On two encoders, I get such glitchs:

If output video to the TV not with a composite but through RGB Scart, then the picture is beautiful, perfect and without color interference and there are no glitches.
Im also noticed that the problem is not with the encoders, since when connecting these encoders to another my MV1FZ device on a composite picture is beautiful.

Help!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's normal for a signal that has 4 compressed signals in one especially on an LCD. CRT would be better but not leaps and bounds better.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
This looks correct. What you've discovered is that composite video is terrible. It's made a little bit worse by the fact that the subcarrier is close but not matched to the dot clock. Your MV1FZ may have a slightly different clock that has a less noticeable beat frequency between its dot clock and the subcarrier.

f0rm0za

n00b
Thanks to everyone who answered me.
Did I understand you correctly that this is normal for this motherboard? That nothing can be fixed and I will have to accept these color glitches as the norm. That is, if I want to have a high-quality picture, I can only be satisfied with RGB Scart and Forget forever about the composite signal?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks to everyone who answered me.
Did I understand you correctly that this is normal for this motherboard? That nothing can be fixed and I will have to accept these color glitches as the norm. That is, if I want to have a high-quality picture, I can only be satisfied with RGB Scart and Forget forever about the composite signal?

That is correct. nothing specific to your board, it's just the way composite is. Summary: RGB > Component > s-video > composite.

f0rm0za

n00b
Thx to all.
I almost completely solved this problem.
The problem was solved by replacing the encoder with another more advanced encoder with interference cancellation adjustment. Also, the picture becomes better if you convert the image to PAL60i.
Spoiler:

It seems that I bought the last high-quality coder in history.
Completely casually found it on sale and bought the last one. To my regret, the coder was sold to me defective, but the chip soldering from sony saved the situation =)

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
Thx to all.
I almost completely solved this problem.
The problem was solved by replacing the encoder with another more advanced encoder with interference cancellation adjustment. Also, the picture becomes better if you convert the image to PAL60i.
Spoiler:

It seems that I bought the last high-quality coder in history.
Completely casually found it on sale and bought the last one. To my regret, the coder was sold to me defective, but the chip soldering from sony saved the situation =)

Great work figuring it out bro. Now it's time to sit back play and enjoy!