So it begins...

MissFaith

New Challenger
Hello, after seeing so many awesome threads on members collections it has inspired me to put a little of mine up as well. I wanted to share how I ended up here after many years of being in the dark.

I have the usual story of being amazed by Street Fighter and its clones in the early 90's. I used to think that having a SNES with SFII was the best thing ever. I soon learned, as many others have, that nothing replicates the arcade. I thought the Dreamcast came close, so spent some years amassing all the 2D fighters and Shumps I could find for that. But it also veered me on a curious root of ASCII controllers and sticks of which I need one more.

It has only been recently, following a promotion at work, that I realised my dream of being in the elite! Albeit small with only a handful of common games, I feel right at home now. Being able to stack those giant boxes next to the timid jewel cases of my past feels like an achievement. I look forward to being a stand up member of the Neo Geo community and look forward to making new friends.

capcom and snk collection.jpgdreamcast controller collection.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Look at all those ASCII pads! also I like the Dreamcast console box, I forget the CEO's name. Did that one come with the 'What's Shenmue' demo?

These shelves need more NE-OH GE-OH!

MissFaith

New Challenger
Look at all those ASCII pads! also I like the Dreamcast console box, I forget the CEO's name. Did that one come with the 'What's Shenmue' demo?

These shelves need more NE-OH GE-OH!

Cant remember the dudes name either. Not sure about the Shenmue demo, quite possibly, but I bought it second hand. Yes I love my ASCII controllers, they feel like a Saturn pad on steroids. I know I need more of the good stuff, sad-face.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can borrow you one, bro.

giphy.gif

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The stuff dreams are made of. Very nice collection of imports here! Whats the game in the black case to the right of the genesis copy of Fatal Fury?

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
To OP: have you ever tried the Total Control 3? So you could use the Saturn pad/stick on DC and become rich selling all those Ascii pads...

MissFaith

New Challenger
The stuff dreams are made of. Very nice collection of imports here! Whats the game in the black case to the right of the genesis copy of Fatal Fury?

Oh, that is just a loose VHS of Street Fighter anime, nothing special. I may add my Mortal Kombat collection once I empty some more boxes, but space is at a premium right now and do not have all that much. I switched to imports after seeing how crappy the ports on PS1 were.

To OP: have you ever tried the Total Control 3? So you could use the Saturn pad/stick on DC and become rich selling all those Ascii pads...

I have seen those adaptors, probably have one somewhere if I went rummaging. I am not ready to let go of my pads yet, I think if I sold them would do as a big bundle with console and all the games. Not sure would make me rich but certainly a pretty penny! :)

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Very nice! Love the Dreamcast, love the ascii stuff, welcome to the drama!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Welcome & very nice collection, Dreamcast is badass machine. Wish I had kept mine.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Legit female new member or another tranny that takes way too many pics?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Always nice to see a fellow Londoner....

Welcome to the boards.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Wow, what an awesome fighter collection. Nice little start to the Neo too. Good luck trying to find some more for prices that aren't outrageous. As Lachlan said above, a lot of people are selling games at the moment because of the Neo SD, so stick around and contribute here and I'm sure you'll be able to find some good deals.

Out of interest, what was the work promotion that made you decide to start buying NeoGeo games?

MissFaith

New Challenger
Wow, what an awesome fighter collection. Nice little start to the Neo too. Good luck trying to find some more for prices that aren't outrageous. As Lachlan said above, a lot of people are selling games at the moment because of the Neo SD, so stick around and contribute here and I'm sure you'll be able to find some good deals.

Out of interest, what was the work promotion that made you decide to start buying NeoGeo games?

Hey Matt, I will need all the luck in the world. I am not looking to have a huge collection as I realise that ship has now sailed. But want to get a few more. The promotion was just your standard more responsibility, move up the ladder type affair. Has not made me rich but the belt is certainly loosened.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Matt, I will need all the luck in the world. I am not looking to have a huge collection as I realise that ship has now sailed. But want to get a few more. The promotion was just your standard more responsibility, move up the ladder type affair. Has not made me rich but the belt is certainly loosened.

Sorry, I completely misread that and thought you meant some kind of offer type promotion. It was early and I hadn't had enough coffee. Congrats on the promotion :)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Welcome nice collection. Needs more of teh drama though.