Neo Geo Pocket SD

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Don't be a princess.

Also: We'll tell you what's what all we want.

giphy.gif

Is that a lollipop?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Right, but $70 doesn't seem like too much for a good Neo Pocket multi.

Thats $90USD though and shipping likely on top should push it near $100. Puts it kind of on par with the everdrive pricing.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Thats $90USD though and shipping likely on top should push it near $100. Puts it kind of on par with the everdrive pricing.

Yes, about the price of a Everdrive-GB on SAG. However, I question if dude has announced the price yet. I know he had a range in mind.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Unless something changes, and I'd have to scroll back through pages of that thread on AtariAge but I think he said he intended to sell it for that estimated price unless something bad came up in designing the parts that would raise the rate. I haven't seen any complaints, and a post yesterday said the hardware was finalized and so was the software (final beta) that's gone out to his testers to verify there are no stupid bugs between the 3 hardware versions of the NGP/NGPC/NGPCslim.

I'm ready for it. I've been waiting years to play some of the games the European market got in english we got hosed out of as the US office shuttered months before them. Evolution and Faselei both in english come to mind, and I'll have to poke around, see if Biomotor Unitron 2 and any others got translations as I'd go with that too.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
One of the KLOV mods, Mattroid, will be a beta tester. It seems to be sooner than later with betas going out.

LDigital

n00b
I wouldn't say 70 notes is bad, considering with an everdrive costs for other handhelds. I'm really looking forward to this

Tenshinhan

n00b
I actually quite like the label. Definitely going to order this. I have the Flash Masta. It's definitely awesome, but having a full set on the go would be incredible.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Interesting peek inside and the clip of it flashing too is something new. I'm surprised at the current last comment bitching ignorantly about the $90USD~ price on it saying anything worth owning on there costs about that much. Guess someone doesn't know what things cost. The Rockman game alone is a good $150, the english releases of stuff like Cotton, Evolution(EU only), Faselei (nearly EU only) are expensive. Various other key fighters people love like MotM, Gals Fighters or the Metal Slug duo of titles alone would put you over that cap. Probably clueless or has no interest in the thing really unless he's just into those puzzle titles.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm surprised at the current last comment bitching ignorantly about the $90USD~ price on it saying anything worth owning on there costs about that much.
I'm not, clueless idiots are everywhere. I have to imagine by now the 2 slugs alone are pushing $90 and those obviously aren't even the most pricey titles on the system.

I got on the pre-order list months ago, so hopefully I get an email when it's ready to ship.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm not, clueless idiots are everywhere. I have to imagine by now the 2 slugs alone are pushing $90 and those obviously aren't even the most pricey titles on the system.

I got on the pre-order list months ago, so hopefully I get an email when it's ready to ship.

Since I've been picking these things back up within the last 30 days~ $90 would cover them roughly complete in the box playing from low/high averages if you care about it being the US cardboard or UK plastic box release. Loose though, $15-20 each. The most I've dropped so far is $30 shipped loose for Last Blade US version and $35 for Gals Fighter for the US too. A loose copy of Cotton and the Rockman fighter are around that $100 mark loose so if you wanted just one of those it pays for itself.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I want this for one thing mostly. Card Fighters 2, I have all the other games I want. I should prolly buy the real thing and I will but I also want this, 2P Battles!

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
On his site, he says that the Neo-Geo Pocket SD uses all of the components he intends to use on the Jag SD he is also working on, so if this also gets him closer to a Jag flash cart, its a win-win.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
On his site, he says that the Neo-Geo Pocket SD uses all of the components he intends to use on the Jag SD he is also working on, so if this also gets him closer to a Jag flash cart, its a win-win.

Shouldn't be much different, really, as Jag carts are some of the most basic ones out there. ROMs + EEPROM if the game supports saving. No bank switching, protection chips, multiple save types like the Genesis, additional processors, etc.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I want this for one thing mostly. Card Fighters 2, I have all the other games I want. I should prolly buy the real thing and I will but I also want this, 2P Battles!

I didn't even consider the multiplayer aspect. I have almost all the carts I want at this point but I certainly don't have two copies each. This is a fantastic selling point.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I second that as something that didn't click until now. I don't know anyone with one, but there are enough people out there who do and this would be a cheap fairly wise way to do it. One could also just buy a 2nd NGPC in decent working shape really cheap with the card and supply the fun for a second player too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
These start shipping next week.

I had signed up for the pre-order and received an email today asking if I was still interested in purchasing for the price of 70 GBP and 5 GBP for international shipping. I just paid my invoice and I am sure the lads are preparing it now.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Same here I have one coming as well. Can't wait to try out some of the english UK only releases and to fire up stuff like Rockman and Cotton again too.