Neo Geo Pocket SD

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
No, they are taking email addresses to confirm number he needs to manufacture for first batch. So if you want one, now is the time to register. He's already sent some out for beta testing (like the one I showed in the video).

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's Saint who got run off the site a few months back. He's been doing the updates since over at atariage. It's very much real, very much basically finished. The list is just to see how many need to really get done up front so there's a good supply for those who want one out of the gate.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Pre-orders have been up since Feb...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
he's not taking any money before the project is finished and just checking for the run number. done right.

looking forward to the release. pretty confident this will happen, shame the last thread blew up like it did.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Planning on getting one of these. Put my email on the list sometime back.

Good video OP.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
he's not taking any money before the project is finished and just checking for the run number. done right.

looking forward to the release. pretty confident this will happen, shame the last thread blew up like it did.

Agreed, it really wasn't the best way to go about it. There is a current thread for it which you can see here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261206-neogeo-pocket-colour-sd-cartridge/

Lots of good info and some videos and imagery showing progress. Claims it should/could be out as early as this month for sales as it's in a final test. Personally I dislike the clamshell on it as its a very low end 3D printed wafer cookie looking plastic on it. I had asked, but you can't put the board into a donor shell from a cheap NGPC cart internally modded or not as I'd have done that.

xsq

Personally I dislike the clamshell on it as its a very low end 3D printed wafer cookie looking plastic on it. I had asked, but you can't put the board into a donor shell from a cheap NGPC cart internally modded or not as I'd have done that.
I agree. Not a big fan of the label either... maybe we can get lions3 on it? :lolz:

Spoiler:
post-37728-0-83671500-1492169486.jpg

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yeah no doubt. I could whip up a nice label too if need be. I don't meddle with CS2 much but I can get around it. The sticker isn't the big concern but the poor weak quality of the low tier wafer looking 3D printer just makes it look brittle, fragile and cheap. I'll order it, I want to play some of those EU only games scalpers put into the 3 figures along with some homebrew, Magician Lord 2 partial proto etc. I'll just unscrew one of my carts and see why it can't be accommodated as it makes zero sense to me why it wouldn't fit. The card is supposedly being very checked to size into all 3 models (NGP, NGPC, and the slightly slimmer NGPC) correctly so it's internal. If it comes down to some dumb post or whatever in the way, I probably could make some dumb snap for it or a tiny hinge to fit a legit donor shell as a fall back.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Yeah no doubt. I could whip up a nice label too if need be. I don't meddle with CS2 much but I can get around it. The sticker isn't the big concern but the poor weak quality of the low tier wafer looking 3D printer just makes it look brittle, fragile and cheap. I'll order it, I want to play some of those EU only games scalpers put into the 3 figures along with some homebrew, Magician Lord 2 partial proto etc. I'll just unscrew one of my carts and see why it can't be accommodated as it makes zero sense to me why it wouldn't fit. The card is supposedly being very checked to size into all 3 models (NGP, NGPC, and the slightly slimmer NGPC) correctly so it's internal. If it comes down to some dumb post or whatever in the way, I probably could make some dumb snap for it or a tiny hinge to fit a legit donor shell as a fall back.

Sounds like a lot of work for someone like you to be bothered with. You sure you don't want to pay to send it to someone else to do it for you?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was under the impression that the Magician Lord beta remains unavailable to the public.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The Flashmasta is grant, true, but it only does 1 large or two small game(s) at once...

But for someone like Tanooki who finds Everdrives too overwhelming, this device seems right up his alley.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If having a flash card in an original shell is that important to Tanooki, he could always buy the excellent Flash Masta as well:

http://www.flashmasta.com/product/neo-pocket-flash-masta-usb-32mbit/

I could, but I prefer using the little micro SD card so I don't have to continually re-flash something new to it. It got old back in the day with the BUNG GB/GBC device I had and the docked Flash2Advance as well.

I'll just see how it looks once its done and figure it out from there. It can't be that hard. I don't find everdrives overwhelming, but with a library as small as what the NGPC has it shouldn't be an issue as I'd restrict it to expensive games($75-100+) and homebrew basically.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
What a bunch of faggotry in the Neo scene lately. Here's a device that allows me to play expensive games on the cheap but oh noez teh shell isn't pefect and the label is not up to my standards.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
What a bunch of faggotry in the Neo scene lately. Here's a device that allows me to play expensive games on the cheap but oh noez teh shell isn't pefect and the label is not up to my standards.

Hasn't it always been about the labels? See AES vs. MVS prices since always.

xsq

So, you're denying there's room for improvement? Crétin.

Also: I'll bitch all I want.

tumblr_m9tjs9jfrm1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So, you're denying there's room for improvement? Cr騁in.

Also: I'll bitch all I want.

tumblr_m9tjs9jfrm1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Don't be a princess.

Also: We'll tell you what's what all we want.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Magician Lord beta would be a great reason to get this. If it were publicly dumped.