Nintendo 2DS XL

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fuck all the XL models. N3DS for life. All 'bout dat pixel density.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just wish this new design didn't have the stripes of matte / gloss. Kinda fug and would look better all gloss or all matte.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I have the "New 3DS XL" for me it's worth it for the more stable 3D alone. The console has a camera that tracks the player and keeps the 3D stable even when you move your head. It's very impressive and being without glasses it's the best 3D I have ever seen. Just a shame more games don't make use of the more power and extra anolgue nub! The "New 3DS XL" imo is the definitve 3DS console.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I have the "New 3DS XL" for me it's worth it for the more stable 3D alone. The console has a camera that tracks the player and keeps the 3D stable even when you move your head. It's very impressive and being without glasses it's the best 3D I have ever seen. Just a shame more games don't make use of the more power and extra anolgue nub! The "New 3DS XL" imo is the definitve 3DS console.

The regular size New 3DS has everything the New 3DS XL has (except the difference in screen size, obviously), plus interchangeable faceplates.

The image quality is better on the smaller screen. And it's a lot more pocketable.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The regular size New 3DS has everything the New 3DS XL has (except the difference in screen size, obviously), plus interchangeable faceplates.

The image quality is better on the smaller screen. And it's a lot more pocketable.

Yea, nothing wrong with the original 3ds. Either one is cool. I just prefer the bigger screen. :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I disagree, the original 3ds was kind of a piece of shit, all kinds of design flaws. Maybe they fixed them in later revisions but I couldn't trade mine in fast enough for an XL. I currently use the small new 3ds since it's like the original model but not a piece of shit, and it's more comfortable and built better than the XL.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yea, nothing wrong with the original 3ds. Either one is cool. I just prefer the bigger screen. :)
I'm not talking about the original, I'm talking about the regular size New 3DS.

There are 6 models of 3DS:
3DS
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
2DS XL

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I disagree, the original 3ds was kind of a piece of shit, all kinds of design flaws. Maybe they fixed them in later revisions but I couldn't trade mine in fast enough for an XL. I currently use the small new 3ds since it's like the original model but not a piece of shit, and it's more comfortable and built better than the XL.

Yea, I never owned any of the small 3ds's so I was just being nice, lol. Went from the 2ds to the new 3ds XL. I will always take the bigger screen over the smaller screen.

I carry all my handhelds in cases, so don't care about putting it in my pockets. Only thing I put in my pockets is my phone and wallet. Car Keys I just give to the wife and she puts that in her purse. Handhelds I either play at home or on a Airplane.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not talking about the original, I'm talking about the regular size New 3DS.

There are 6 models of 3DS:
3DS
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
2DS XL

Yea, I meant new 3ds. Put in original by mistake.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The non-XL versions are great if you have tiny hands like Trump.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I could still buy Streets of Rage 2 in the Nintendo shop, No?

Get Galaxy Force II, Space Harrier and Outrun while you're at it bro. The 3D effect works really well with these games.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Mod that hoe and play imports all day long...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Get Galaxy Force II, Space Harrier and Outrun while you're at it bro. The 3D effect works really well with these games.

Picked up SOR2, Shinobi 3, and Outrun. Playing in 3d really breathes some new life into those games. Next month I'll pick up Space Harrier, Galaxy Force, and Super Hang On.

Also this. My 3ds is pretty much a pretty much a portable SNES at this point.

I know google is my friend but is this easy to do? Is it just one of those M3 type cards I need to buy or is it like a actual soft mod?

Does the mod also work on 2ds?

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's a soft mod. I don't remember what guide I used, but it's easy but takes a while to go through all the steps. It does work on the 2ds but SNES games only work on New 3ds systems.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I know google is my friend but is this easy to do? Is it just one of those M3 type cards I need to buy or is it like a actual soft mod?

Does the mod also work on 2ds?
There's one or two companies that have working game card emulators. They're like $60.

There's also a variety of software exploits that give you kernel-level access, so you can run whatever you want. Yes, they work on 2DS. Probably not 2DS XL though.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Hmm didn't know the 3DS was busted open enough to play within a softmod. I'm sure Nintendo is after that as usually with it's comedically stupid updates about system stability.

This system seems very very nice for the price. Not everyone wants let alone can view stuff in 3D. You get the best the system offers without a wasted feature. I'd buy it but it would be a waste at this point, though I do like that grooved looked like hard rubber or something type shell to it. It'll stand up far better than what is out there where if you look at it funny is scratches.