Nintendo 2DS XL

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I like that they're at least giving the option for an upgraded 2ds. Most parents will feel safer buying this for their kids vs the 3d gimmick. I'm curious if the battery life will be better than the current 3ds.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Now that's a New 3DS I can get behind. The stereoscopic 3D really is a gimmick, most games don't use it very well.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I like that they're at least giving the option for an upgraded 2ds. Most parents will feel safer buying this for their kids vs the 3d gimmick. I'm curious if the battery life will be better than the current 3ds.

The 3d is no gimmick. I just picked one up a new 3ds xl at GS. Wanted to get a black one before they sold out and that 3d shit works. Since I never played anything in 3d before my eyes had trouble adjusting but it works well if your interested.

I personally could live without the 3d and still love my 2ds and at $80, it's not a bad deal.

Last edited:

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
and that 3d shit works.

Apparently, the new 3dsxl works better, since it has some sort of head or eye tracking that adapts the 3d effect, which the ordinary 3dsxl doesn't have and I'm really thinking about upgrading and giving the old one to my gf ;)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Apparently, the new 3dsxl works better, since it has some sort of head or eye tracking that adapts the 3d effect, which the ordinary 3dsxl doesn't have and I'm really thinking about upgrading and giving the old one to my gf ;)

I was unaware of this. I just picked one up because I was working near a GS and they had the regular black ones in stock.

Playing 3d for the first time put a smile on my face because I thought it really was a Gimmick but it isn't, the 3d worked well. Only issue is because I don't play or watch anything in 3d, my eyes had a hard time adjusting so I turned it off. The 3d really does work well though, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
3D is pretty good on Xevious, Streets of Rage 2, and Kirby's adventure.

Good to see they're not abandoning the 3D. Little kids under 7 can't play it anyway. Typical Nintendo - they have umpteen billions of revisions/redesigns. I like the blue buttons, but I don't care for it as a 2D system.

I'll stick with the New 3DS XL for now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
3D is pretty good on Xevious, Streets of Rage 2, and Kirby's adventure.

Good to see they're not abandoning the 3D. Little kids under 7 can't play it anyway. Typical Nintendo - they have umpteen billions of revisions/redesigns. I like the blue buttons, but I don't care for it as a 2D system.

I'll stick with the New 3DS XL for now.

3d SOR2 you say? Is this a digital or physical release?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i really did like the original 2ds without the flip screen. too bad the screen size was a lot smaller than the other versions.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A lot of people do not use the 3D, so this makes sense.....if it was 2 years ago. Who is still out there waiting to buy a DS device?

There's already a Special Edition announced. amazing.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I bought a 2DS because it was $70 for a refurbished one on Nintendo's store. I can't play it for more than 10 minutes without awful hand cramps. Maybe this one would have been better.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
what are some good 3ds games anyway

Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion, River City, Code of Princess, etc..

There's also a shit ton of RPGs if you're into that.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Box Boy, Mighty Gunvolt (the super deformed Mega Man version), Bravely Default and Yoshi's Wooly World.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
it looks to be a good system for those that don't need/want 3D.

For some reason when I first saw the announcement I thought, "Oh Nintendo must have a lot of excess inventory of 3DS parts they want to move." Personally I still think in a year or so they'll just discontinue the 3DS line and only have the Switch.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
it looks to be a good system for those that don't need/want 3D.

For some reason when I first saw the announcement I thought, "Oh Nintendo must have a lot of excess inventory of 3DS parts they want to move." Personally I still think in a year or so they'll just discontinue the 3DS line and only have the Switch.

I think this is the direction Nintendo wants to go. Give you the home and handheld experience in one. As far as I'm concerned Nintendo has always been the best in the handheld market. Sony comes next on the list.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
okay, now I do have to admit the DQXI 2DS XL looks pretty nice. Japan only.

2ds-xl-special-edition-planned-for-dragon-quest-xi-launch_edrn.640.jpg