2017 NFL Draft

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Just wondering if anyone is watching the draft. Some interesting moves...so many teams reaching for shit quarterbacks.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Watson will be a bust.

Guys who threw a lot of interceptions in college tend to throw a LOT of interceptions in the NFL.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Bears are dumb...Lots of surprises so far, gives the Seahawks a good chance of getting a great O-line or Cornerback!

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bears trading up for Trubisky, lulz.

Jags and Panthers taking a RB in the top 10, lulz.

Browns are just stockpiling draft picks, so if they can get their shit together and actually build a team before condemning another rookie QB to a career death sentence, maybe they can turn things around a little bit.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Browns are just stockpiling draft picks, so if they can get their shit together and actually build a team before condemning another rookie QB to a career death sentence, maybe they can turn things around a little bit.

The Bears' move made no sense to me. The Chief's Mahomes pick...I hate Texas Tech QBs...but I think Reid and playing behind Smith makes it make more sense. My team got the player/position I wanted so this night was good for me.

Also, I think the best back in the draft is Joe Mixon and his woman punching ass.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broncos got their left tackle.

Offensive line should be orders of magnitude better than the garbage they fielded last year.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Glad to finally see Cleveland not completely mess up on the first pick.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Glad to finally see Cleveland not completely mess up on the first pick.

I liked how the Browns fucked with the Steelers on that pick. At least I think Steelers were looking to replace Heath Miller. I actually like the two other picks...not sure how I feel about Garrett.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
All I know is this f'ed all our traffic today even miles away way down 95 this and 100,000 people+ going to the Penn Relays this week. Seriously between this, the Pope, and the DNC the past few years the traffic has been brutal and huge areas of the city have been shut down.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Pretty much. Not sure how Fournette will save the Jags. They think MJD was the reason why they used to win games, i guess.

As for Trubisky, it's a bad pick when the Bears have so many holes to fill, and none of the QBs were first round talent.

Washington got Jonathan Allan, and i can live with that pick. Guy fell down the draft because of arthritis in the ahoulder that won't really show for 15 years.

Surprised that Reuben Foster fell so far down the draft. Guy will have a mean streak for life.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior

Jags and Panthers taking a RB in the top 10, lulz

Think the Jags and Panthers are hoping for an Ezekiel Elliot type back. Fournette is good, but against good teams he would have average games.

Mccaffrey was by far the best player in college football two years ago. I have no idea why he did not get the Heisman Trophy. He had a great season last year, but was hurt. Panthers will use him in multiple positions, and he will most likely do ok in all of them.
I think the Titans are getting a great player in Adoree Jackson.
He was an All American in both football and track. He won the Jim Thorpe, and the Pac 12 long jump championship. He will return a few kickoffs back for touchdowns this year.

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I really like the chiefs trading up for Pat Mahomes, this guy is super talented, plays hard every game and is very athletic, great arm also, some of the throws we saw him make were insane.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
As a Bears fan...my god...the fail.

As if their shitty 14-34 combined record of '14, '15, '16 seasons and their picking up a bench-warmer QB from Tampa wasn't bad enough to make us hide our faces in shame...they go and make this bonehead move. giving up 2x 3d round + 1x 4th round to move up one fucking spot only to draft that guy...god almighty.

Maybe I'll eat my words a few years from now when the kid turns out to be decent...but I'm going to give that a 10% chance of happening (at best).

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

As if their shitty 14-34 combined record of '14, '15, '16 seasons and their picking up a bench-warmer QB from Tampa wasn't bad enough to make us hide our faces in shame...they go and make this bonehead move. giving up 2x 3d round + 1x 4th round to move up one fucking spot only to draft that guy...god almighty.

Maybe I'll eat my words a few years from now when the kid turns out to be decent...but I'm going to give that a 10% chance of happening (at best).

I think this is Chicago's RGIII moment.

SF made a complete killing on this draft. Soloman and Foster - their defense is about to be sick again.

And if Kaepernick is still there, he will eventually be back in the starting line up, and he will do well.

As for the Bears, I imagine Trubisky will hold a clipboard for a year and then go in. Glennon was never more than a band-aid. But at the same time, Trubisky was the best of a bunch of QBs that aren't first round talents.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Watson will be a bust.

Guys who threw a lot of interceptions in college tend to throw a LOT of interceptions in the NFL.

Haven't seen a ton of Watson, but my Texans need a franchise QB. We'll see how it goes...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

SF made a complete killing on this draft. Soloman and Foster - their defense is about to be sick again.

And if Kaepernick is still there, he will eventually be back in the starting line up, and he will do well.

As for the Bears, I imagine Trubisky will hold a clipboard for a year and then go in. Glennon was never more than a band-aid. But at the same time, Trubisky was the best of a bunch of QBs that aren't first round talents.

Yeah...Glennon's contract is clearly a one year stop-gap. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see Trubisky out on the field later this year.

I'm with you, none of this year's crop of QBs were first round worthy...I guess that why Chicago's move to give up so much for one slot is even more confusing.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Thank God for Tom Coughlin if not for him who knows the player David Caldwell would have picked. One more year of Mr Pick 6 Bortles and we can pick us a QB.

Cant wait for Round 2 still surprised at Dalvin Cook being available

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yeah...Glennon's contract is clearly a one year stop-gap. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we see Trubisky out on the field later this year.

I'm with you, none of this year's crop of QBs were first round worthy...I guess that why Chicago's move to give up so much for one slot is even more confusing.

I seriously hope that does not happen for you guys. Kid has 13 games of collegiate experience...for his sake I hope he gets to at least sit this season.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I am a Packers fan and for the love of God do not know why we gave our first round pick to fucking Cleveland. I know they need the help, but now, so do we!

famicommander

15 Year Member

Kaepernick isn't going to do well. His early success was smoke and mirrors. He can't stay healthy, he can't deliver passes on time or on target, he makes poor decisions.

I wouldn't take him for free. And this is coming from someone who respects him more than before after his anthem shenanigans.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Kaepernick is abominable. That is why no one wants to sign him. If Brady takes a dump during every national anthem, he will be signed by another team in a second.

I am more surprised that Cutler is still out there. Yes, he is a douche but he also has some talent. Must be all those racist GM boycotting that white boy.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Thank God for Tom Coughlin if not for him who knows the player David Caldwell would have picked. One more year of Mr Pick 6 Bortles and we can pick us a QB.

Cant wait for Round 2 still surprised at Dalvin Cook being available
Before the Browns got Kizer I would've preferred Bortles to RGIII and Cody Kessler.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Kaepernick is abominable. That is why no one wants to sign him. If Brady takes a dump during every national anthem, he will be signed by another team in a second.

I am more surprised that Cutler is still out there. Yes, he is a douche but he also has some talent. Must be all those racist GM boycotting that white boy.

Cutler is a team killer and in the rare instance he's healthy for most of the season he's generally among the league leaders in turnovers.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Cutler is a team killer and in the rare instance he's healthy for most of the season he's generally among the league leaders in turnovers.

Lol, cutler is a fraud. He's the Matt Shaub of starting quarterbacks. Feel pretty bad for John Fox though.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
My jaw dropped when I saw that trade as well. I simply don't see how a team that wants to win can do something like that. Given that every draft pick and especially every QB has success/fail potential, you can't convince me that Mahomes or any other QB in the draft is 2 3s plus a 4 worse of a gamble than Trubisky. Also, the success/fail chance tilts in your favor if you spend those 2 3s and a 4 on solid contributors to surround the guy with. Better yet, use them to trade back into the 1st and get talented receiver.

Anyway, I'm getting my drama vicariously this year because the Steelers had a quietly solid trade-free draft at the 30 position, though they did manage to troll the fanbase nicely by picking a longsnapper in the 6th.