Whats up everyone

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Hey guys, figured I would introduce myself. I am pretty active on a few gaming forums (same SN) and I have been researching getting into NeoGeo for a while now and figured I would make the jump to starting an account instead of just lurking.

My other system collections are at the point where I can start looking at more snk stuff. I have already accumulated some mvs stuff via trades I have made through connections and have had a decent little NGPC collection for a few years.

Looking at investing in a neoSD soon, can't wait to play the stuff I have been drooling over for years. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Corey

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Welcome! If you are getting the neo to play the games, for sure the NeoSD is the way.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
What's a NeoSD?

This is what google shows when you look for it:
06.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Mista Wundaful aye? lets see how wonderful you really are. We'll all be watching.

giphy.gif

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Welcome. Luck on collecting for the most expensive system out there.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Love the Elecman avatar.

Good to see that you are enjoying the breadth of the forums as well.

Have fun.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Welcome. Luck on collecting for the most expensive system out there.

Thanks. Luckily I bulked out most of my collection years ago before the hipster apocalypse. If I find something I can't afford from my normal games budget, I might dip into the collection to sell something off but its pretty rare. I prefer to trade.

So... you're just going to flip it once the price goes up?

Lol No I don't bother with reselling. Not only is it NOT worth my time, I find it douchey. I Buy shit to keep and use.

Welcome! San Francisco local?

I Live pretty close, on the peninsula.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Love the Elecman avatar.

Good to see that you are enjoying the breadth of the forums as well.

Have fun.

Thanks I had a buddy make it up for me (Im an electrician). I love how you guys have your tech support forums set up, I like to think I know a "bit" of tech about PVMs/ AV and Hardware (not nearly as much as others) and enjoy helping other people tune setups.

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome, I'm attempting to soak up as much info as possible as I can

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Have checked out the market yet? Its a good place to find a mvs deal here and there. Are you going for a fullset? MVS is great because with a consolized board, a custom enclosure and shockboxes it is like a home console system! They display nicely on the gameshelf with any other retro boxed games you own. Neo games are also a good conversation starter as most newer collectors will see them in your collection and have no idea what they are looking at.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Have checked out the market yet? Its a good place to find a mvs deal here and there. Are you going for a fullset? MVS is great because with a consolized board, a custom enclosure and shockboxes it is like a home console system! They display nicely on the gameshelf with any other retro boxed games you own. Neo games are also a good conversation starter as most newer collectors will see them in your collection and have no idea what they are looking at.

Of course I have :D

But I respect your forum rules of not wanting n00bs buying or selling, so i will wait for a while until I am a bit more well known around here before I attempt to buy anything. I am actually here for the knowledge and community first so I am fine with being patient.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13

Of course I have :D

But I respect your forum rules of not wanting n00bs buying or selling, so i will wait for a while until I am a bit more well known around here before I attempt to buy anything. I am actually here for the knowledge and community first so I am fine with being patient.

Nice try, gum_drops.

Ya' dick. ;)

Last edited:

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Thanks again guys, been spending hours going deep in the threads learning about the different types of arcade cabs, conversions etc. also learning how to spot a boot.

Allow me to pose a n00b question (I searched to no avail, also read the faq)

What are the little circles under the titles for, under my user name?

Right now I have 4 out of 5 filled under the title "neo bubble buster".