Price Guide still up-to-date?

quotie

n00b
I got at english version of King of Fighters 96. I assume that it is maybe still sealed.

According to the price guide the game is about 220$ worth. But I saw in the selling section that someone was trying to sell it for 600$. And on neogeostore it is priced at 975$ or so.

Is the price guide still up-to-date?

Can someone give me an assumption what my KoF 96 is currently worth?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 397

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There are no price guides that are truly up to date for retro videogames. The prices are constantly in flux.

It looks like they are on a downward trend this quarter. Loose Earthbound cart prices are plummeting.

aaronjmill

Zero's Secretary
It looks like they are on a downward trend this quarter. Loose Earthbound cart prices are plummeting.

By how much? I haven't kept up with console prices in a few years, but if EB is back down sub $100 I'd be shocked.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
There are no price guides that are truly up to date for retro videogames. The prices are constantly in flux.

Plummeting? Not even close, still in the $200 range which is where it's usually been the last two years. All sold listings on ebay are still $180-200 with shit like $140 for destroyed carts. Sub $50 for reproduction crap.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Don't listen to these clowns, the official neo-geo.com price guide is completely up to date. The NeoStore is actually a museum, the games are not intended to be sold, hence the insanely high $975 listing. The guy hocking one for $600 on here is a well known troll.

Because it has that sticker on it, which gets in the way of it being played, it's not worth the high end of the price guide. I suggest listing it for $200 in Neo Selling. If it doesn't sell for a while, reduce the price.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
The NeoStore is actually a museum, the games are not intended to be sold

This explains so much. Never completely bought the verification of authenticity justifies charging an extra thousand argument. Now I understand... it's just a place of preservation and celebration. :lolz:

Tanooki

War Room Troll

"*last updated 9.23.16"
Not entirely up to date as it's just over 6mo out of date. I know some people on here will give a nicer community price, others don't. Personally, I just look at the global sales price paid on ebay and figure the lower end, then take a bit more off the top like 20% and kind of figure it from there +/- on condition.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
"*last updated 9.23.16"
Not entirely up to date as it's just over 6mo out of date.

Not that mjmjr25 needs defending, but where's your researched price guide?

I know some people on here will give a nicer community price, others don't. Personally, I just look at the global sales price paid on ebay and figure the lower end, then take a bit more off the top like 20% and kind of figure it from there +/- on condition.

Since you take into account condition, how much was that complete Super Dodge Ball? :keke:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Since you take into account condition, how much was that complete Super Dodge Ball? :keke:

Doesn't see the value in a box with a plain sticker and "bubbles".

Finds value in slips of colored paper.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm working on the next update. I prefer to wait right around 6 months, otherwise it's completely reactionary. These things don't sell daily, so it's good to observe at least a few sales before moving the guide up or down. That said - as others have said, it's still only a guide and things like forum-friendlieness, condition, and current market supply can greatly sway even a well maintained guide.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Not that mjmjr25 needs defending, but where's your researched price guide?

I just watch ebay daily to see what stuff sells for and whatever moves here, that's it, not really complicated. And Super Dodgeball doesn't much come up on ebay, so there wasn't a lot to go by. And I said complete minus the box, not sorry if that offends you.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
You watch you mouth n00b, the ng.com price guide is legit and relevant, hell FTL still uses it.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Price guide has never been an honest appraisal I know that much.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I just watch ebay daily to see what stuff sells for and whatever moves here, that's it, not really complicated. And Super Dodgeball doesn't much come up on ebay, so there wasn't a lot to go by. And I said complete minus the box, not sorry if that offends you.

Ebay price guide for Neo Geo games, got it. I'll make sure to find you when I'm flipping my games for profit.