Predict the SNES Classic Edition Lineup

brizzo

n00b
Personally I am still skeptical there will be a SNES classic system from Nintendo. It has not been widely discussed that Foxconn manufactured the NES classic. My theory is they had contracts to have the Switch in production for late 2016, but failed to meet deadlines for production. Easy to assume there would be penalties, or payments for having manufacture lines sit idle. Instead they churned out a couple million NES classic consoles, until the Switch was ready. Perhaps the NES classic was also a great marketing tool to gauge customer interest and loyalty before going too deep on Switch inventory.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
And yup. Another item I'll have to be vigilant about. I missed out on all the zelda amiibo releases and preorders. I'll probably stop by gamestop and talk to the manager if he has any idea on when preorders will be up.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Starfox 2 should help this be a good seller, and yes I know it's possible to make your own. I also have never played Yoshi's Island, might be worth picking this up.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
16/21 for me, named 30 games, though. I'm surprised they put FFIII and Mana together. Looks like another no-brainer for everybody even mildly interested in video games. A 26 year old killer app.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Managed to snag one. Really excited for this, especially having been left out in the cold for NES Classic.

Salvio007

Mr. Big's Thug
I wonder if they'll make this one even harder to hack than the Nes version

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Really excited for this, especially having been left out in the cold for NES Classic.

According to Nintendo policies, the upcoming SNES Classic should be backwards compatible and play all NES Classic games or else... there's gonna be a huge organized strike of angry parents. Again.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
According to Nintendo policies, the upcoming SNES Classic should be backwards compatible and play all NES Classic games or else... there's gonna be a huge organized strike of angry parents. Again.

It's just not the same, there's no SEGA Genesis Classic + Power Base Converter Classic this time around.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's just not the same, there's no SEGA Genesis Classic + Power Base Converter Classic this time around.

Maybe some things changed, but this time around there's no need for a nemesis, Nintendo's biggest foe is... Nintendo. Let the Stock Wars begin ;).

Hashrate

n00b
Star Fox 2 is the game changer for me and why I even bothered, it will be the first official release of the game so that is awesome.

I am upset that they are including only 1 version of street fighter. I think Super Street Fighter II is great, but they should have also included Street Fighter Alpha 2. Then again, I am biased towards fighting games lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SFA2, you can't be serious...also I'm pretty sure that what we're getting is SF2 Turbo and not Super, to me Super is the better or the 2 but even then there's no need for fighting games in this release. They got Konami, Capcom and Squaresfot, there's gotta be more titles worth a while to switch around.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
SFA2 plays like dog shit on SNES.

As to SF2 Turbo vs New Challengers I think SF2 Turbo is the right choice just because of it having turbo speed settings.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SNES Super also has turbo settings, kinda like ST with 3 speed settings.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
You sure you aren't thinking of the Genesis version? I fired up the rom of this and don't see a speed setting anywhere.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
noob, title screen, move side to side to adjust...you're welcome.

ChuChu Flamingo

10 Year Member
No need to be a douche, completely missed that as pressing start goes to all the different game modes. On the other games it was always on the mode selection from what I remember with turbo ***. No point really playing these other than for shits and giggles when I have the real arcade board.Kinda weird they put it at the beginning, but it is probably due to how many game modes they had.

Last edited: