Meal replacement powder shakes

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Renewed my gym membership with my university since I get an alumni discount. Gonna start going back to the gym regularly now but I don't really have a lot of time during lunch to make a proper meal and not a big fan of microwaving shit I've prepared before hand, although I plan to just not every day so it doesn't get boring and tedious. Looking to keep my calorie intake at 1900 a day.

What's a good meal replacement shake to look for? I'm wanting the powder form so I can just mix that shit on the go and not worry about refrigerating, I just don't wanna accidentally get something that's like a weight gainer and I don't want no slim fast shit.

Are meal replacement shakes a bad idea?

Anyways, was looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/LABRADA-NUTR...&sr=8-6&keywords=meal+replacement+powder&th=1

would appreciate if anyone with experience can chime in with their own experience and recommendations. Thanks.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
If you are looking to change your habits I recommend changing to a lifestyle you can carry on. You don't want to eat meal replacement shakes for ever do you? They are convenient yes, but imo expensive and you get bored of them quick. If you don't like microwaving food, prepare meals that are served cold. Nuts and fruits are also great for easy to carry snacks.

Pasky

If you are looking to change your habits I recommend changing to a lifestyle you can carry on. You don't want to eat meal replacement shakes for ever do you? They are convenient yes, but imo expensive and you get bored of them quick. If you don't like microwaving food, prepare meals that are served cold. Nuts and fruits are also great for easy to carry snacks.

I'm well aware of lifestyle change > temporary dieting. I plan to make pre-prepared meals but there will be some days I just won't have time to even take them with me as I go out of the country often. So my question still remains, thanks for the reply.

micah7

n00b
I've been using Soylent on occasion to replace some meals. I've heard good things about their latest formulas and an off-shoot brand previously called Joylent. Might be something to look into.

Pasky

I've been using Soylent on occasion to replace some meals. I've heard good things about their latest formulas and an off-shoot brand previously called Joylent. Might be something to look into.

I know about soylent, way too expensive, also not in powder.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I used to drink the Musashi vanilla protein powder with milk after 10km runs. It was the one thing that motivated me, it was so fucking sweet. Not sure it actually did much for me. I say I eat big, work hard and consistently. NEVER GIVE UP.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
shakes should be a supplement when you are trying to bulk up. I would not recommend them as meal replacements.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
what are your long term goals. And what's your daily routine currently and how you plan to change it. 1900 calories doesn't sound like a little, but once you start going to the gym, you might as well be starving yourself. I wouldn't recommend replacing a full meal with one of these. Possibly use it as a post workout or in between meals snack. But don't go skipping meals either. Always eat breakfast, light lunch, dinner 3-4 hours before bed. And always get a good nights rest.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I use protein shakes to supplement my body with extra protein but not as a meal replacement. You have to eat real food and avoid replacing your meals with bars and shakes.

Pasky

Alright well I ordered the shit in my first post, gonna give that a shot. My goal is to lean up to where I was 2 summers ago, gained a bit of weight. Time to shrug this shit off and get active again, working at a desk the past five years hasn't helped much either. But ya I'm not so much looking for a meal replacement, but basically something I can eat before/after the gym when I don't have time for a proper lunch as I live on the border and have clients in Mexico I meet often and won't always have time to head home to eat and don't wanna get fast food. So it's basically a lunchtime snack, as I don't really eat lunch much anyways.

Thanks for the input.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I still have around 10 bags of Soylent powder I've been working through for a while. I actually quite like the stuff now, I haven't tried the new shakes format though.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
A guy I worked with used to drink Soylent all the time. Fuck, it would make him stink. It would seep out of the pours in his skin and just attached itself to his clothes, car, everything.

So I consider the stuff putrid. It also looks like cat litter.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
A guy I worked with used to drink Soylent all the time. Fuck, it would make him stink. It would seep out of the pours in his skin and just attached itself to his clothes, car, everything.

So I consider the stuff putrid. It also looks like cat litter.

Yeah, I've heard pretty mixed stuff about Soylent as well, especially the fact it can give you some major stomache/gas pains.

The newer compound is supposed to be better, but I just eat well regularly and when needed occasionally have a shake or maybe a bar to hold me over.

micah7

n00b
but I just eat well regularly and when needed occasionally have a shake or maybe a bar to hold me over.

Yeah, that's the key. Going to a Soylent-only diet has too many weird trade offs to be useful to me.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I've been doing soylent powder replacing breakfast for awhile and haven't needed caffeine to wake me up anymore in the morning. Just drink a glass before I head to work and I'm energized by the time I get there an hour later. I do get bad salty carby cravings mid day sometimes and usually get some chips to stave it off.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I use Quest shake mix. Lasts quite a while. They sell samples at GNC so you can see which one you like. Read up on keto if you are trying to lose weight.