quickest way you have seen a person fuck up their life

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
STARTING complete game collecting this day and age.

Ive seen people go after complete sets in the span of a few months, only to burn them self out or have their spouse leave them because they spent all of their kids college savings on eBay BIN. Never does "get an everdrive cart" ring more true.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member

Ive seen people go after complete sets in the span of a few months, only to burn them self out or have their spouse leave them because they spent all of their kids college savings on eBay BIN. Never does "get an everdrive cart" ring more true.

Leave luke morse out of this

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Truth. Even systems with limited libraries that were relatively cheap 5-10 years ago have now gotten out of hand.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Being electric grave

Moving to China to teach English

Dating someone with an abnormal vagina

Gamersabyss

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Being electric grave
well looky here, fucking sheep thinking he's got fangs, lol. Quit trying to start shit while it's early, stick to bandwagoning like the drone that you are.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
:scratch:

Guess it depends on where you live.

It definitely does. It also depends on how good you are at lying on your CV. which would be another way to ruin your life: lying on your cv... Badly. Companies assume you'll fluff it up and lie a little bit. But that fake job at nasa is gonna stand out like a sore thumb.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It definitely does. It also depends on how good you are at lying on your CV. which would be another way to ruin your life: lying on your cv... Badly. Companies assume you'll fluff it up and lie a little bit. But that fake job at nasa is gonna stand out like a sore thumb.

How can that ruin your life?

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Not having a diploma.

:scratch:

Guess it depends on where you live.

Perhaps it's different in the US, but overhere in the Netherlands they all want diploma's.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Perhaps it's different in the US, but overhere in the Netherlands they all want diploma's.

I would agree with you there from what I have heard. I wouldn't say the same about Australia however. Then again it depends on what kind of industry you're getting into and the workplace of course. But not having a diploma isn't really a set back here, you can still make good coin.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I would agree with you there from what I have heard. I wouldn't say the same about Australia however. Then again it depends on what kind of industry you're getting into and the workplace of course. But not having a diploma isn't really a set back here, you can still make good coin.
But for the lower paid jobs, a diploma isn't a necessity I think?
But how about the manger type of functions? Do you need a degree for that or not?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
But for the lower paid jobs, a diploma isn't a necessity I think?
But how about the manger type of functions? Do you need a degree for that or not?

Experience would be most preferable for a manager role but a diploma would help differentiate you from other applicants I would think. Maybe this matters more in bigger companies? I've worked rather lower paid jobs but recently in a small business which is a lot more relaxed and just worked my way up the chain. The way I look at it the more money you're after the more bullshit you're getting yourself into.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Here in Ireland it depends on what you're going for. Obviously if it's law, or medicine and you haven't done the schooling then that's it. See you later. But I find with a lot of places the bigger barrier isn't a degree, it's experience. It's the knowledge to do the job, the time put in at a lower position, and what you can bring to the table.

During the recession you had guys with business degrees working in mcdonalds and dudes with engineering degrees in call centers. Any job was your job. And that has bred a mindset in a lot of employers that genuine work experience is much more important than a piece of paper. College is free here, the market is saturated with degrees. What it wasn't saturated with however was people with a willingness to start at the bottom and move up.