quickest way you have seen a person fuck up their life

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
I've got a buddy that was a mechanic by trade (smart, certified, and quite good) but out of work for awhile so he took a job doing detailing and car washing to pay the bills. He's working on some truck with huge ass tires with lifts or something and manages to slip and fall down, wrenching his back something bad. He's feels fine so he keeps working the night then goes home, takes some advil or whatever and wakes up in middle of the night in INCREDIBLE PAIN.

Turns out he fucked up his spine somehow (disc or something), he's got no healthcare, no job at that point, and can't get a job as a mechanic since he can barely move without incredible pain they give him a nice prescription for some pain killer. So he starts doing work on the side in his garage when he can, but is still driving around while using narcotics, and despite the fact he does have a legitimate prescription he gets pulled over and the cops arrest him and take away his license.

Now he can't drive, but starts becoming addicted to the narcotics, and his surgery date is scheduled waaaay out since he's now on Medicaid or whatever. Essentially he's stuck at home with nothing to do but drink (great idea with narcotics) and get into trouble with guys that drive him around. He manages to get stabbed at a gas station one night which puts him BACK in the hospital with another issue and another great setup for more painkillers.

This does have a happier ending at least (after a couple years) in that he managed to get himself off the drugs after getting his back taken care of but is now working in a shitty retail job. He's hooked up with a girl we knew from high school and is now engaged to her. But everything started with that night he was washing some dudes truck and got hurt.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Having a kid in high school because you can't keep your dick in your pants and you think condoms don't feel good.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
One of those "We're expecting!" announcements.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I don't believe that reddit story. It reads like an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. In fact, I think there's an episode very similar to that story.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Watched a friend become addicted to heroin and get off it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Some guy I considered to be a friend for the longest time:

Fuck some fat slut, get her pregnant because 1. Too stupid to use a condom, and 2. Blame her for not taking precautions
Kid gets born, get GTFO by her family for some reason, never do a test to check if it's really his kid.
Never see the kid, pay money out of your ass for 18 years or get into legal trouble if you don't pay up.
Only work part time, always near the edge of financial ruin

In retrospect, he deserved it.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Back in college a buddy and i were bar hopping in wrigleyville. about 2:00 am we're leaving the bar and hit an alley to take a leak. i finish up. my buddy is still peeing as a cop goes by.

well, there was a problem with public urination in that part of town and there was a brief law in place that made people caught also charged with indecent exposure and also a sex crime.

that law ended up being greatly reduced a little while after he was caught, but 15 years later he is still on the sex offender registry. He was kicked out of school. He works at a wendys now. He cant go near schools. He still has to knock on doors when he moves to a new apartment and has to let people know he is on the registry. He's been trying for years to get it fixed and his whole life is fucked because he peed in an alley when he was 22.

Glad i dodged that bullet.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I have a friend that loved dirt bikes, quads, and off-roading in general.
Once while out in the desert he decided do a 20-30 foot jump, which he had previously landed on numerous occasions. This time though, after landing he road 10-15 feet and fell over with the bike.

He had broken his back, sustained a major spinal injury, and lost movement from his waist down.

He had a 3 year old at the time.
It was really tough on his wife, daughter, and himself.

He ended up going to school, getting a degree, and a good job, but his life is not the same.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Some guy I considered to be a friend for the longest time:

Fuck some fat slut, get her pregnant because 1. Too stupid to use a condom, and 2. Blame her for not taking precautions
Kid gets born, get GTFO by her family for some reason, never do a test to check if it's really his kid.
Never see the kid, pay money out of your ass for 18 years or get into legal trouble if you don't pay up.
Only work part time, always near the edge of financial ruin

In retrospect, he deserved it.

omg you have a friend.

yeah right!

Hey OP, you have fucked up your life in the quickest way by being part of reddit

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shroom's godchild will be flipping almsburgers at the local old macdonalds.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I was 20, I was alone in a room of a boarding house in a standoff with police and a stolen handgun in the room.

If things had gone differently, I could have served serious time. The kid that they ended up pinning the gun on served 2-3 years.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well...who knows, maybe jail is exactly what you needed to turn those tender ass cheeks into a good pair of slab boards...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
oh, STFU and spare me from your waseem fantasies.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Slabbed comics and NOS Nikes, just kidding it's opiates.