Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolest Neo Geo secrets

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Nightmare Geese in RBS
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.

Don't punch the hobo in Burning Fight and he will reward you.

My Sharona = Mai Sharanui
    Last edited by LoneSage; 04-24-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Found this video around SS2. Even though I don't understand Spanish I can figure out most of it

This was even informative to me, and I thought I knew everything. I actually didn't. I never noticed that Mizuki transformations are all distinct, and that Galford turns into poppy, and ChamCham turns into PakuPaku.

The point about Kuroko's stage background containing a page from Evil Dead 2's Necronomicron was also news to me.

I didn't know that on killing Kuroko, he could spill out a bunch of anatomical hearts.

And finally, I didn't know that the tree on Caffein's stage has a skull shadow on it.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

NEST Puppet

Playing as Kuroko against CPU in SS2.

Philadelphia Freeman

I still regard the MVS calendar's birthday messages & power-up perks for the cast in Art of Fighting 3 as being a particularly cool & novel secret for its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    I didn't know that on killing Kuroko, he could spill out a bunch of anatomical hearts.

And finally, I didn't know that the tree on Caffein's stage has a skull shadow on it.
    Oddly enough, I have zero recollection of seeing that happen to Kuroko even once during my considerable time spent in 1990s arcades, or more recently viewing emulation footage highlights, Fightcade tournament clips, etc. Pretty darn weird how that slipped through the cracks.

Around the first half of 1995, I recall a hogwash SSII rumor that seemed to gain some traction in my area. Supposedly, the skull visage tree from Nicotine's stage functioned as a unique stage fatality in a very similar manner to the Living Forest's carnivorous trees in Mortal Kombat 2.

The speculation might have surfaced on Usenet FGC-themed newsgroups or IRC channels I sometimes kept tabs on for reliable arcade tips & miscellany, but I initially took it with a grain of salt. Also, the majority of the regular Sam Sho players at University Pinball in West Philly dismissed it as outright BS. That didn't stop my older cousin from attempting the sadly nonexistent stage finisher dozens of times on the SSII cabinet at his college campus billiards hall.
    Philly's most formidable Mature, Vanessa, & Shermie(KOF 2002) player

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Almost killed myself at Ralfakick's place bringing a 4-slot cabinet down the stairs. I lost my footing and fell backward. He and Jon saved my life.
    JSJ Games: Selflessly protecting the lifespans of neo-geo.com moderators since 2010

I never heard about a special SS2 fatality,

But i am still certain that bust Hanzo in Asura Zanmaden has a lot of undocumented moves.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Mr. Big's Thug

Found this video around SS2. Even though I don't understand Spanish I can figure out most of it
    This just makes me love SS2 even more, which I didn't think was possible. Great video, and great sense of humor on the part of SNK at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gamerwhat View Post
    Playing as Kuroko against CPU in SS2.
    This is not possible, except for an unknown version of neo geo US bios (not emulated). I never found a neo geo system where that code work.

About SS2 there are also 2 importants easter egg:

-Kuroko explode during the fight with a chance of 1/128;

-for a french player from neogeofans forum, Cheng Shin Zan appear in the backgorund with the pose of his "roll attack" (as Kim Kaphwan). If this is true, I suppose the chance of appearance is 1/256. However I never see this easter egg in my life. Maybe is possible check the graphics of Cheng in the debug mode?

Southern Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemant View Post
    This is not possible, except for an unknown version of neo geo US bios (not emulated). I never found a neo geo system where that code work.

About SS2 there are also 2 importants easter egg:

-Kuroko explode during the fight with a chance of 1/128;

-for a french player from neogeofans forum, Cheng Shin Zan appear in the backgorund with the pose of his "roll attack" (as Kim Kaphwan). If this is true, I suppose the chance of appearance is 1/256. However I never see this easter egg in my life. Maybe is possible check the graphics of Cheng in the debug mode?
    I've seen that happening. SS2 is the game I've played the most on the Neo Geo in general followed by Art of Fighting 2 and the first SS.

NEST Puppet

I've never seen Kuroko explode during fight, how does it look like?
    About Kuroko vs CPU, i have verified the code myself. Maybe i should check CRC, it may be an early revision because it looks like a debug code.

Southern Pounce.

I've never seen Kuroko explode during fight, how does it look like?
    About Kuroko vs CPU, i have verified the code myself. Maybe i should check CRC, it may be an early revision because it looks like a debug code.
    Let me explain so I'm sure we're talking about the same thing. Sometimes when you slash through him, he splits in two, one half explodes (random) and the rest of his body comes out from the other half and you continue fighting. It's something like a counter move.

I was mostly referring to Cheng Shin Zan doing the roll attack as Kim Kaphwan.

Let me explain so I'm sure we're talking about the same thing. Sometimes when you slash through him, he splits in two, one half explodes (random) and the rest of his body comes out from the other half and you continue fighting. It's something like a counter move.
    I didn't talk about the special move...

I speak about the Kuroko referee, not the Kuroko fighter. When you play vs cpu (exemple versus Haohmaru), Kuroko explode and disappear for the entire duration of the match....

NEST Puppet

I speak about the Kuroko referee, not the Kuroko fighter. When you play vs cpu (exemple versus Haohmaru), Kuroko explode and disappear for the entire duration of the match....
    What happens if your weapon is broken, or if you meet conditions to fight him?

NEST Puppet

I was mostly referring to Cheng Shin Zan doing the roll attack as Kim Kaphwan.
    Do you remember on which stage/round/remaining time and how many times it happened?

Southern Pounce.

I didn't talk about the special move...

So the Kuroko referee explodes continuously during a normal vs the cpu match? Nope, I've never seen that.

Crazed MVS Addict

Great topic, great vids! Nice to see there is still stuff to unearth.

Do you remember on which stage/round/remaining time and how many times it happened?
    These special appearances are random.

NEST Puppet

These special appearances are random.
    Yes, but for Kim appearance probability changes with remaining time.

Yes, but for Kim appearance probability changes with remaining time.
    I doubt about this. In japanese magazine was written 1/128 chance only.

NEST Puppet

I doubt about this. In japanese magazine was written 1/128 chance only.
    From ASCII mook published 13.02.95 it says from time 99 to 60 probability is 1/3, from 59 to 40 it is 1/16, from 39 to 20 it is 1/8, then from 19 to 00 it is 1/2. Theres a "2" in the text, maybe 2 appearances per game only?

From ASCII mook published 13.02.95 it says from time 99 to 60 probability is 1/3, from 59 to 40 it is 1/16, from 39 to 20 it is 1/8, then from 19 to 00 it is 1/2. Theres a "2" in the text, maybe 2 appearances per game only?
    In neo geo freak and other japanese source I read always 1/128 chance and it is more truthful. Kim is rare, often I see it 1 time only in a whole gaming session (3 - 4 hours).

Southern Pounce.

G-Mantle appearances in Neo Geo games

Sieger's Squire

Great vid!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Belnar Institute Student

G-Mantle appearances in Neo Geo games

Great video!

The G-Mantle pic in the Riding Hero is tiny. Whoever made the video has great observation skills.

Chin's Bartender

That Sam Sho video is great. Didn't know 90% of that

Thread Information