Coolest Neo Geo secrets

GreyFox

n00b
So the two that really stand out to me as being awesome secrets are:

Ryo being in Fatal Fury Special

Playing as the Referee (Kuroko) in Samurai Shodown series

So which secrets or hidden characters or levels etc did you like the most. Which made you smile? Which were a dream come true? Which ones surprised you the most?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Finding an option to set c-button as autofire in the soft dip settings for Strikers 1945 Plus. Nobody likes carpal tunnel.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
So the two that really stand out to me as being awesome secrets are:

Ryo being in Fatal Fury Special

Playing as the Referee (Kuroko) in Samurai Shodown series

So which secrets or hidden characters or levels etc did you like the most. Which made you smile? Which were a dream come true? Which ones surprised you the most?

I cant think of better ones. When I fought Ryo the first time in FFS in 93 it was pure bliss.

As for Samsho2 the whole game was full of mystery and fighting him was already great.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Not trying to toot my own horn, but I love developer easter eggs and these were so incredibly obscure

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Not trying to toot my own horn...

giphy.gif

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Legend of Success Joe

OOOH FUCK EAH!!

LOSJ is seriously the best game for the system,

maximizes the absolute minimum requirement which to be honest is the opposite of the norm so in it's own way it is COMPLETELY the best game made in its own genre.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Young Geese in AoF2

World Heroes 1 being a dream in Fuma's ending (though SMB2 used the same idea before)

Mr Big's cameo in FFS and Kim's cameo in SS2

Edit: Most of the Arabic writings in Metal Slug 2's first stage also had meaning. One of the buildings had "Food poisoning Restaurant" written on it.

Legend of Success Joe

There may actually be a reference to that game in KOFXIV's Fatal Fury ending.

There is also a 3 Count Bout poster in Mexico's team ending.

I also find all the cameos in KOF13's backgrounds pretty cool.

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Edit: Most of the Arabic writings in Metal Slug 2's first stage also had meaning. One of the buildings had "Food poisoning Restaurant" written on it.

That's cool. I always wondered what was the text saying.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Viewpoint has a lot of secrets, my favorite is the Enigma Bug, a/k/a Nazo Bonus. Boosts up your score higher than is dreamt of in our philosophy.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
+1 for Ryo in FFS and Young Geese in AOF2

Mai cameo in SamSho

The whole shared universe concept was just too cool to me back then.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Mr Big's cameo in FFS and Kim's cameo in SS2

Am I having a bad memory or does the Kim cameo actually occur?

I vaguely remember seeing Kim doing his FF2 DM dash in Samurai Shodown 2 to throw an item in the background.

Also, the chibi transformations in SS2 were cool.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Found this video around SS2. Even though I don't understand Spanish I can figure out most of it

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Found this video around SS2. Even though I don't understand Spanish I can figure out most of it

That's awesome. I suggest posting it in the SS article thread in the news section for more exposure.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Every trainer of every countries football team is asian. Didn't know that before SSK2

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I always thought it was cool that you fight Yacopou from Trip World in Galaxy Fight.

GreyFox

n00b
Another shout out for that Samurai Shodown 2 video. Don't speak Spanish but could follow the gist of it. I love videos like this that go super in depth. Learned loads from it and checked out a few of his other videos. Top stuff!

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Another shout out for that Samurai Shodown 2 video. Don't speak Spanish but could follow the gist of it. I love videos like this that go super in depth. Learned loads from it and checked out a few of his other videos. Top stuff!

I was actually looking for a video with the secret moves for all SS2 characters and came across that one. Knew some info mentioned there but not all. Definately hadn't paid attention to the easter eggs on Kuroko's stage. Everytime I got to fight that bastard I was on the edge of breaking my console!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
not sure if these count, but ex terry in kof 98 and shadow andy in real bout special.