World Heroes Perfect Stage select in VS mode?

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I played WHP a lot with friends in the last time having a total blast with it. The only bad side was that in VS mode the stages did not change. I checked the unibios for a cheat and the internet for a solution but could not even find a discussion about the problem.

We always had the pyramid or jungle stage. Then I thought maybe the stage is locked to the single player and I was right. After beating the CPU and the second player joining in we were stuck at the second stage.

Having the same stage and music for long periods is annoying and the workaround of beating the CPU here and then is also not feeling right.

Does anybody know if there is a solution?

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Nobody playing it? Or nobody caring for the Backgrounds?

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
I don't think you can change the background in VS mode but I may be wrong.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Damn, this is almost a gamebreaker. WHP is excellency pure otherwise...
Would it be possible to add it vie the cheat Menu on the Unibios? I would be willing to throw in some bucks for Raz.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It actually is... That is if you play your games and further with friends.
As I understood most people here are not ;)

What are you trying to say? Most people here don't play there games? I don't know.

You calling this background situation a "game breaker" sounds like you're not too worried about playing this game yourself.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
What are you trying to say? Most people here don't play there games? I don't know.

You calling this background situation a "game breaker" sounds like you're not too worried about playing this game yourself.

I am saying that most people here seem to not play the games but put them in their shelf, it may be different with you.
Otherwise I am saying that it may not concern those people AND the people who play it only in single player.

When playing with friends being stuck at the same stage and music for hours is almost a game breaker for me.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I am saying that most people here seem to not play the games but put them in their shelf, it may be different with you.
Otherwise I am saying that it may not concern those people AND the people who play it only in single player.

When playing with friends being stuck at the same stage and music for hours is almost a game breaker for me.

I mostly believe expensive Neo Geo games should not be played. It the hurts condition and value.

A concern about an ever present background, is reasonable, albeit superficial. To state that it breaks a game is quite dramatic. There is more to WHP than backgrounds (engine, mechanics etc.).

Perhaps you and your friends should reassess your fighting game priorities!

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I mostly believe expensive Neo Geo games should not be played. It the hurts condition and value.

A concern about an ever present background, is reasonable, albeit superficial. To state that it breaks a game is quite dramatic. There is more to WHP than backgrounds (engine, mechanics etc.).

Perhaps you and your friends should reassess your fighting game priorities!

Perhaps you should start playing your games. Since they are games they are meant to be played.
And of course we play the shit outta WHP, still listening to the same music for an hour is irritating. Not to forget that I stated "almost a gamebreaker". I think you will understand when you start playing it in multiplayer.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Perhaps you should start playing your games. Since they are games they are meant to be played.
And of course we play the shit outta WHP, still listening to the same music for an hour is irritating. Not to forget that I stated "almost a gamebreaker". I think you will understand when you start playing it in multiplayer.

Meant to be played? Says who?

I am a true collector.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I am the warrior of light in a dark universe of Neo Geo collectors! :)

A sense of humor.

Perhaps, I overestimated the magnitude of deficit in your forum awareness.

Don't give yourself too much credit though, I'd bet you're not much different than those collectors you speak ill of.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Fine, fine - you are great and saw right through me. I am miserable in front of your postcount and of course you are right in everything you say.
Lets stop here and talk about World Heroes Perfect since its a f***ing great game meant to be played to death!

Anyway for this, you have my pity:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No one wants to here about how you like to button mash with your scrubby friends.

If you want to talk about how "great" WHP is, post in the fighting game thread, or, like
type something less vague/generic here.

You lack forum awareness.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
No one wants to here about how you like to button mash with your scrubby friends.

If you want to talk about how "great" WHP is, post in the fighting game thread, or, like
type something less vague/generic here.

You lack forum awareness.

Sorry dude, I think you lack awareness. This is a thread where I wanted to know if there is an option to change the fixed backgrounds in World Heroes Perfect. You posted an irrelevant/vage/generic comment that started a discussion between you and me.

Again in easy words: This is a Neo Geo Forum. WHP is a Neo Geo game. I asked if somebody knows a fix for a problem I have with the game.
You shitpost a generic/vage/irrelevant comment. You whine around and now you insult my friends as scrubby, call me a buttonmasher and insinuate I have no forum awareness. Then telling me I post vage/generic stuff. Start getting aware of yourself first, my friend.

Anyway, lets keep it like that - have a nice time and enjoy the games. Thats what they are made for and what they are best at.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
So I've been playing a bit of World Heroes Perfect.

Is there anyone here who can explain exactly how the jump canceling works.

With J.Max, I can cancel a jumping C, or D out of his HCF C maybe 50% of the time.

But how is something like this performed?

I saw an old thread on shoryuken that says these tackles are performed with "QCF+ UF + Qk".

Maybe I just don't really understand the concept of jump cancelling as a whole.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Much like crouch cancelling, from my understanding it either cancels/reduces recovery frames. Jojo CPS3 has this too with crouch cancels and activating stand during a combo by pressing down+S. Usually it allows stuff to combo that wouldn't be possible normally. In some games you need to input the jump cancel at specific times, I think in WHP you can just hold up atleast thats what I do for cancelling his hcf+C.

Here is what I think is happening in that video (which of course doesn't have notation as usual, thanks fgc), i've done this 2-3 times on emulator. Whenever you jump in a fighting game you usually have "pre-jump frames". That means your character literally stands still for x amount of frames and after so many it final starts doing the animation for jumping. So imagine in super turbo someone is right by you like Zangief/Thawk or anyone else and you try to jump to avoid a throw (this is retarded but just for the sake of argument) you will not be in a air state until x amount of frames. This means you will get thrown as you haven't even jumped yet.

So here is how i am doing that stupid blockstring 236k+(2369+k x ad nauseam). Maybe it is wrong idk. You wana time the 2369+k after he does the AH! sometime around that. You need to do the motion fast too.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ok . I can crouch cancel in Alpha 3. I do understand the concept of jump cancelling as far as recognizing what my end goal is. Perhaps I should have said that I don't understand at which point I should pursue the reduction of frames.

For that J. Max string, should I be looking to cancel the earliest frames of his jump animation with the tackle? Obviously, you can cancel out of the tackle with the jump...

I know jump cancelling is used in Third Strike...maybe I should read up a little on that.

Last edited: