Famicom Expansion audio Problems.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Asking for a friend.

PASTE:

"Ok, calling all famicom gurus out there.
I have a twin famicom - 505 model (black) and also have an av famicom and when playing games with expansion audio, I can barely hear it. Gimmick! (When he forms his star), castlevania 3 (the whip), doki doki panic! (Noise the enemy makes when hit and many others). Is there a way to fix this without wiring in an external amp? I haven't even checked on my titler yet (I'm afraid to, but I've been told this problem plagues it as well)"

" have you come across this issue? Do you know of any solutions?"

"I forgot to mention the expansion audio problems exist only on the cart side of things - expansion audio on the disk system is fine"

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not sure what the fami twin is like but the different NES models seem to have different expansion volumes.

I don't think it should be that quiet though, so a recap is probably in order.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
If hes talking about audio not sounding right in the Twin it is because there are three resistors of the wrong value in it. (usually its only one resistor that needs to be changed but a potential of three)

The correct values and which ones they are are at the bottom of this page

http://etim.net.au/nesrgb/installation-famicomtwin/

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I'd double check the audio levels on another TV or 2. It might just be your set. That being said, I second Kiel, and I'll add that the AV's expansion channels are louder than all other models.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
thanks guys.

he said he already tried all the stuff mentioned here, but I haven't had a chance to see if he got it all working.